Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 25-11-18, 19:38   #1
Catapharact

Thumbs up Share Holiday Pictures from your City.

Tis the season for a reason!

With December only a few days away, many cities around the world are getting ready for the Holiday Festivities. My city certainly brought the Holiday season in a big way . The Cavalcade of Lights is a yearly event the marks the ligthing of the Toronto Christmas Tree followed by a big Fireworks display.

This year was no exception (though the weather could have been a bit better )

The Mayor of our City, John Tory:

Sorry if these are not the best shots of the Fireworks Display. I was standing at a very awkward angle when I took these:

So, how does your city bring in the Holiday season. Share pictures with the rest of the forum . I will keep updating this thread with pictures from the Toronto Christmas Market and other Holiday Season related events.

Last edited by Catapharact; 25-11-18 at 21:12.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 20:27   #2
Cochrane
Golden

So you posted this right after I returned home from the city centre, so I don't have as many pictures as I'd like. Maybe I'll take more later this season. Anyway, this is (a part of) the Aachen Christmas Market (Aachener Weihnachtsmarkt). It opened this Friday. Aachen's is not necessarily the best christmas market I know (I think my original home town of Goslar has much better atmosphere, for example), but it's still big and usually very crowded. As a result, the best time to visit it is usually on a Tuesday evening when there's light rain.

The real unique secret Christmas tradition of Aachen is nowhere near here; it's the chocolate factory. I'm not talking about some stylish little traditional thing for tourists. There's a huge factory for Lindt in town (literally right next to where I work), with an outlet store that is basically an entire supermarket full of discount chocolate. In the Christmas season, tourists come there by the coach load.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 23:24   #3
Blue_light

The fireworks pictures are gorgeous!
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 16:04   #4
Ligufaca

Woah! Lovely pictures!

We celebrate holidays next week, I'll try to take some pictures then!
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 01:14   #5
Catapharact

Must I be the guy who has to go get the ball so that everyone can play ...

@Cochrane: Love the overhead shot of the Market. And I googled searched the Chocolate Shop from Aachen and I am impressed . Combined with the Market, it all looks so... Homely.

Anyway, as promised, I am now going to share the pictures from the Toronto Christmas Market. The Christmas Market is an annual Tradition in Toronto that happens in the Distillery District. As the name implies, the Distillery District used to be the location of one of the largest Whiskey Distillery in North America. These days however, the location is home to a lot of Regional Beer Breweries as well as local Shops.

Old 03-12-18, 07:15   #6
HD Simplicityy

I know Portland has a fairly big tree lighting ceremony. I probably won't participate, unless I see a reason.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 16:13   #7
Reggie

Quote:
‘Britain’s worst Christmas tree’ slammed as ‘an upside down Cornetto’ by s******ing residents – have you seen worse?

Local Steve Heller said his two year old son usually loves to touch Christmas trees, but when he saw the town's new tree, he was completely disinterested.

Mr Heller said: "I was sent a picture of the tree on Facebook and my first thought was, it looks like an upside down Cornetto.

"Several other people had already commented the same thing. Maybe next year we can organise a fund raiser to have a real tree or something that at least resembles a tree."

Local resident Daniel Haydney added: "What is that thing? If you turned it upside down we could all sit round and eat some chips out of it."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/491420...tto-residents/

Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 16:17   #8
Dustie

lol

Admittedly, it does look like a huge decoration rather than a tree...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 16:47   #9
tomee

Still better than that buttplug shaped "tree" they had in Paris a couple years ago.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 23:52   #10
Catapharact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
lol

Admittedly, it does look like a huge decoration rather than a tree...
And a cheap one at that! What the heck happened?! Did the city's Holiday Budget ran dry?! Were no local businesses willing to contribute towards getting a proper Tree?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Still better than that buttplug shaped "tree" they had in Paris a couple years ago.
Oh that bit was the laughing stock of the world! (No offense Paris .)