www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-01-20, 19:00   #341
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
There are many who did not even touch 2013 because they knew clearly by the looks of it that is was not accurate to Lara Croft. I mean, that was the intention.

Some however, are not as clear about what they want when it comes to "Classic Lara". Many want what we have now, but with a braid. Or with shorts. Or the same appearance but a different attitude. None of which would really be accurate.
I didn't touch 2013 for years and only gave it a chance after a long while, I didn't like it, tried Rise since everyone claimed it was much more like the classics (Which it wasn't that much and I'm pretty sure it repeated with Shadow.), only enjoyed Blood Ties (which wasn't even made by Crystal) and didn't bother finishing the main story or even attempting any of the non-blood ties DLC, including the zombies mode that came with blood ties.
Old 19-01-20, 19:05   #342
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
There are many who did not even touch 2013 because they knew clearly by the looks of it that is was not accurate to Lara Croft. I mean, that was the intention.
Meanwhile, many more touched 2013 than anyone ever touched classic TR, so I don't think you want to go with that completely senseless logic
Old 19-01-20, 19:09   #343
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Meanwhile, many more touched 2013 than anyone ever touched classic TR, so I don't think you want to go with that completely senseless logic
And they probably didn't pick it up because of Lara croft?

I picked up Fire Emblem Awakening due to being in-experienced with the series, that doesn't quite mean that it seemed "accurate to Fire emblem" to me when I knew literally nothing about Fire Emblem Awakening nor the older games aside from the most basic gameplay info.

I picked it up soley on "Hey I hear Fire Emblem is good, maybe this somewhat new one will be a worthwhile introduction since apparently it's noob firendly." when I say it on the shop shelf.

Last edited by Samz; 19-01-20 at 19:21.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 19:14   #344
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Nah. I think TR 1(1996 edition) sold 7 million copies before the existence of 2013.
2013 at first sold badly(near 3-4 million copies which SE called it a failure) that they had to make a remaster of it to save it.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 19:18   #345
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Nah. I think TR 1(1996 edition) sold 7 million copies before the existence of 2013.
2013 at first sold badly(near 3-4 million copies which SE called it a failure) that they had to make a remaster of it to save it.
It sold 11 million copies to date and SE explained that they realized that their expectations were too high in the beginning.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 19:25   #346
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I love it when Rebooters want to play numbers whenever they are losing a classic vs reboot argument. It's like the only thing they have which says something. If all the reboot has is numbers then it lacks soul, naturally.
Old 19-01-20, 19:28   #347
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I love it when Rebooters want to play numbers whenever they are losing a classic vs reboot argument. It's like the only thing they have which says something. If all the reboot has is numbers then it lacks soul, naturally.
I love it when you come in and use the term Rebooters in a pejorative manner like its the only thing you can do to make you feel good about yourself. Its especially funny knowing your history on Reddit haha..
Old 19-01-20, 19:30   #348
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
It sold 11 million copies to date and SE explained that they realized that their expectations were too high in the beginning.
True, but TR 1 was a much bigger success than 2013 since:

1.TR 1 had much less budget compare to 2013.(2013 had 100 million doallrs budget.)
2.2013 also had much more budget for advertisements compare to TR 1.(At 90s games never had that big advertisement money)
3.Also TR 1 was a game that revolutionized gaming and lots of franchises copied some ideas from it. But 2013 was just another 3rd person cover shooter game.

TR 2013 being successful is similar to RE 5 and 6 selling more copies than other RE games.
Action focused games sell more copies than adventure focused games.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 19:43   #349
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
I love it when you come in and use the term Rebooters in a pejorative manner like it‘s the only thing you can do to make you feel good about yourself. It‘s especially funny knowing your history on Reddit haha..
Which is has nothing to do with anything. It's riddiculess and completely illogical to jump from

Classic has this and that which reboot lacks

To

Who cares reboot sold 7 mill

Like you cannot have an intellectual argument about the two Eras of games when you act dismissive, and blatently riddiculess when all you wanna talk about is money. Yes games care about profit to some extent, but money is not the art form.

So knock it off about sales, classic was top seller during it's time. Stop making stupid comparisons, especially when you don't even argue from proper context.
Old 19-01-20, 19:48   #350
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Which is has nothing to do with anything. It's riddiculess and completely illogical to jump from

Classic has this and that which reboot lacks

To

Who cares reboot sold 7 mill

Like you cannot have an intellectual argument about the two Eras of games when you act dismissive, and blatently riddiculess when all you wanna talk about is money. Yes games care about profit to some extent, but money is not the art form.

So knock it off about sales, classic was top seller during it's time. Stop making stupid comparisons, especially when you don't even argue from proper context.
Youre just mad because this is a fact you cant dismiss.