www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-01-20, 20:58   #381
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I can't accept it when I try to talk you about statistics and you spit in me face. Many people run around here with numbers don't exactly know what they mean. Me who has worked with numbers and did research try to give you all a proper explanation of it all and you all just want to spit in my face.

Do not came at me with this BS about me not be able to disagree. This has nothing to do about that you know freaking know it.
I know exactly what the numbers mean. TR1 sold 7M copies, TReboot sold 11M copies. Easy.

Quote:
Will you zip it for once? I'm having a conversation that does not involve you. Tantrum? When people don't ****ing listen and act dismissive, superior and just as toxic as they claim others to be?

Give me a break.
Wait a minute, you‘re telling Sora to zip it? After throwing a tantrum because she told you to shut up a couple of days ago? Charmed being a hypocrite again.

Last edited by MissJodieG; 19-01-20 at 21:01.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 20:59   #382
Kubsy
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
It's quite ironic, that usual group of people come in here to whine about others being rude/nasty/childish/toxic, in a thread that they dislike and themselves are the people who being nasty and the likes.

This thread isn't about reboot vs classic. It is about people who support the idea of having the classic games' traits (or some of it) back.

You don't like it? You've expressed it already a few pages ago. If you wish to whine, go to the open chat thread.
Now, move along.
Thank you.
Next!
I agree

The most annoying person I am finding right now is Mani_man and his cringeworthy posts. He states that he is trying to change things to better - I immediately started laughing.

-------------------------------------------------

Now @Mani_Man, what changes are you trying to do? Because all of the posts that I have seen, are just whines and bitching to boost your ego.

Like dude...

From a petty child
Kubsy

Last edited by Kubsy; 19-01-20 at 21:12.
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:02   #383
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
I know exactly what the numbers mean. TR1 sold 7M copies, TReboot sold 11M copies. Easy.
No it's that simple, that's what I'm trying to tell you. Stop being dismissive and pay attention. I have explained it a billion times to you and you just wanna act smug and with attitude because you know you get away with it all the time.

I mean, seriously educate yourself. It is not the ****ing simple. Do not spit in my face and tell me, who again tried to offer an opinion with some actual information about a subject that you do not clearly understand, what it is. Because you don't even know.

Quote:
Wait a minute, you‘re telling Sora to zip it? After throwing a tantrum because she told you to shut up a couple of days ago? Charmed being a hypocrite again.
Excuse me but what the heck are you even talking about and what the hell does that have to do with anything. Hypocritical? Give me a break when all you Rebooters come in here, derail the thread and then act nasty and try to play the victim.

That is rich to me.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 19-01-20 at 21:03.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:03   #384
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
What puzzle from TR2 would you describe as having been hard?
TR 2 had lots of puzzles from easy puzzles to hard puzzles.

Hard puzzles of TR 2 were:
-Learning some level layouts
-That ladder jump near the end of the game.(I spent 1-2 hours there to figure out how to do it since tutorial never explained how to do it)
-Finding your way in some levels.(Finding where you have overlooked.)
-That clock puzzle in the second level also took me some time to figure it out.(On how to reach the door)
-Some of the booby traps were kinda hard and booby traps in those games were like puzzles.
-Finding all artifacts in a level can be considered hard puzzles as well.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:03   #385
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Quote:
Okay, so it doesn't matter that TR2013 was in every platform whereas TR1996 was in only two, it doesn't matter that TR1996 was a new brand while TR2013 was in an already well-established brand, it doesn't matter that the games market is much bigger now than it was back then, it doesn't matter that TR1996 was unique and revolutionary at its time whereas TR2013 is copy-pasted from other games and rather irrelevant. I suppose it really doesn't matter in an alternate delusional reality.
Old 19-01-20, 21:03   #386
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
No it's that simple, that's what I'm trying to tell you. Stop being dismissive and pay attention. I have explained it a billion times to you and you just wanna act smug and with attitude because you know you get away with it all the time.

I mean, seriously educate yourself. It is not the ****ing simple. Do not spit in my face and tell me, who again tried to offer an opinion with some actual information about a subject that you do not clearly understand, what it is. Because you don't even know.
I love how all you’re doing is saying how simple it is, swearing at us, and then insulting us but then you never actually elaborate on your point. It’s great. I love it. Keep it up.
Old 19-01-20, 21:04   #387
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Okay, so it doesn't matter that TR2013 was in every platform whereas TR1996 was in only two, it doesn't matter that TR1996 was a new brand while TR2013 was in an already well-established brand, it doesn't matter that the games market is much bigger now than it was back then, it doesn't matter that TR1996 was unique and revolutionary at its time whereas TR2013 is copy-pasted from other games and rather irrelevant. I suppose it really doesn't matter in an alternate delusional reality.
Exactly, these things matter when analyzing data. That's what I was trying to say before I got spit in the face.

Quote:
I love how all you’re doing is saying how simple it is, swearing at us, and then insulting us but then you never actually elaborate on your point. It’s great. I love it. Keep it up.
I elaborated on it already, you refuse to listen. Insult? Excuse me, but I didn't call Miss Jodie a 5 year old. No that was from her to me. I'm the one being insulted here. Now if your finished with 5 sec of attention then leave it alone.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 19-01-20 at 21:06.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:06   #388
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
He actually tried to elaborate, let‘s give him that. I just thought it didn‘t make sense and as you can tell, he couldn‘t handle that.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:06   #389
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Well, pushing levers that open random doors aren't puzzles by the word of it either
We at least had to actually find them.
And yes, I do actually wish TR had more adventure-game style proper puzzles, thats actually why I like Blood Ties since it had them and unlike AOD/4 they weren't too easy, since AOD/4's were simple ones that most point and click games would throw at you in the first level or such of the game and the rest in 4/Chronicles were figuring out what the heck you were supposed to do in a bad trial and error why. (Why yes, I'll hold a torch and press action under that "smoke alarm" that is clearly just a light and not an actual smoke detector of any kind.)

Blood Ties was actually great with it's translation puzzle and I fully admit I was like a giddy child once I realised I had to bust out a pen and paper for the first time in a Tomb Raider game, just do that again with a different message in an egypt setting or maybe even some fictional language of some ancient made-up-for-the-game culture like the Atlanteans and I'd be in love.

I want this to be more of the main stuff, but that's not what we got in 2013/Rise's main game, they doubled down in the combat and changed it to an entirely different system that I honestly find the least fun out of all of them.

And if you don't like the combat in a game that's 70-percent combat, you're really not going to enjoy it.

Last edited by Samz; 19-01-20 at 21:11.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:08   #390
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
He actually tried to elaborate, let‘s give him that. I just thought it didn‘t make sense and as you can tell, he couldn‘t handle that.
How doesn't it make sense? If it didn't make sense then why not ask me questions instead of throwing **** at me and calling me names, insulting me, and treating me beneath you. You came in here with a different purpose and it wasn't for clarification, that's for sure.