www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 19-01-20, 21:17   #401
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
That's exactly what you did, compare me to one is the same thing as calling me one. Why don't you own up to your Pat in this? On wait, you didn't do it before so I shouldn't be surprised that you won't own up to anything now.
Umm, I don‘t know what‘s there to own up to? Disagreeing with you? Not buying into your „statistics“?

What‘s the difference between me saying you act like a 5 year old and you saying that I‘m behaving like a Junior Member? Again, very hypocritical of you.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:18   #402
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Nooooooo I miss the nice blue font
It took me forever to get used to it and now you change it to pink

That’s it. I’m going to open a petition to bring back Legends posts to what they used to be!
Yeah, I noticed this too. Signed

Complex level design and finding levers/keys are not puzzles...
Old 19-01-20, 21:18   #403
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Yeah. Some rotten, unpalatable tea...

That’s just bad game design. So y’all literally want to be stuck in a game for eternity. Honestly not me as a Classic fan...
I'd argue only the ladder jump is bad design generally.

I admit there is a fine line between good/bad mazes but I don't think TR2 had many bad maze levels, really just the Maria Doria levels (and I think it says alot I couldn't even tell you which one was more maze-like.) outside of Maria Doria there's nothing liky Aldywch from TR3 for instance.

IMO a good maze-like level has landmarks.

For instance, if you had a hedgemaze level but every bit was just more hedge and maze, it'd be bad, if certain bits of the maze had landmarks of some kind , the player can start to map out where they are relataive to land marks.

I'd argue tough booby traps aren't bad design, well in TR2 anyway, 3 certainly does it since some of them are practically impossible to survive without dying first.

The second level isn't bad design as you literally just have to open a single shortcut and you can make it, its not like Lara has to navigate an entire maze with the boat, its a short sprint that you open a shortcut for so you can make it.
Old 19-01-20, 21:20   #404
SoraSakai
Professor

Yeah I’ll never disagree that the levels in the classic games are definitely more involving and harder to figure out.

I like getting lost in a level and that’s never happened in the reboot games. But, I don’t consider it to be a puzzle though. That’s just me.
Old 19-01-20, 21:21   #405
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Nooooooo I miss the nice blue font
It took me forever to get used to it and now you change it to pink
It's not gone. I'm just testing this for night mode, lol. I like the blue font much more as well, but it doesn't work so well with night mode, so I'm just playing around with some colors.

But thanks I guess!

Quote:
That’s it. I’m going to open a petition to bring back Legends posts to what they used to be!
There you go. Wish granted for now. It feels weird using a different color than this.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:21   #406
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
I can agree that the traps are harder than any of the reboot game traps, but I strongly disagree that they’d be considered puzzles.

No I don’t consider those puzzles at all. That’s just collectibles placed in obscure locations.
Booby traps are like puzzles though. You have to perform the right movements to avoid getting hit by them. It's a puzzle where a wrong move can result to Lara's death.

Similar to the way that Bossfghts of Devil May Cry games are considered as puzzles.(You have to learn how to dodge boss moves while learning when to strike and what moves to use.)

Collectibles should be considered as puzzles since some of the secrets were placed in locations where you have to figure out how to reach without getting killed.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:21   #407
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
Umm, I don‘t know what‘s there to own up to? Disagreeing with you? Not buying into your „statistics“?

What‘s the difference between me saying you act like a 5 year old and you saying that I‘m behaving like a Junior Member? Again, very hypocritical of you.
I didn't say you were behaving like a junior member, I put that there because I was showing that there was something I couldn't say. That's why there spam of letters and junior member in quotes. Once again you read me wrong and you insulted me without cause to do so.
Old 19-01-20, 21:22   #408
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
It's not gone. I'm just testing this for night mode, lol. I like the blue font much more as well, but it doesn't work so well with night mode, so I'm just playing around with some colors.

But thanks I guess!

There you go. Wish granted for now. It feels weird using a different color than this.
It was weird. If you do it again, I’m reporting you :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Booby traps are like puzzles though. You have to perform the right movements to avoid getting hit by them. It's a puzzle where a wrong move can result to Lara's death.

Similar to the way that Bossfghts of Devil May Cry games are considered as puzzles.(You have to learn how to dodge boss moves while learning when to strike and what moves to use.)

Collectibles should be considered as puzzles since some of the secrets were placed in locations where you have to figure out how to reach without getting killed.
We’ll just agree to disagree then I guess. I don’t personally consider them puzzles, but I understand your reasoning behind your opinion. And again, I absolutely agree that the traps are more challenging. I just don’t agree that they’re puzzles. But again, just my opinion on it. And who even cares what I think? Haha

Last edited by SoraSakai; 19-01-20 at 21:24.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:23   #409
MissJodieG
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I didn't say you were behaving like a junior member, I put that there because I was showing that there was something I couldn't say. That's why there spam of letters and junior member in quotes. Once again you read me wrong and you insulted me without cause to do so.
This makes it even worse. How dare you? Own up to it omg! You spit in my face!
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-20, 21:23   #410
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
the sales of the reboot isn't impressive at all.
With that I have to disagree. It impresses me. I think it's less impressive than the original games sales, but still very impressive.