www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 25-02-20, 19:31   #11
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevaWay View Post
I was a kid but it wasnt that back then, I would say 5 years or more (probably more) Im 18 now, the game was fully digital on my pc
Ok, I was just wildly guessing anyway
Old 25-02-20, 19:42   #12
DevaWay
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
Could it be this track the creepy one with whispering? "Whisper" like sounds are played inside it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1-w8N1BLpM

Also, any chance you just started playing TR3 after TR2? Yeah, dogs and shotgun are different, but there is a lot more whispering and talking in that one TR3 is also, generally, the buggiest of the original trilogy.
Yeah, the whisperings starts at 00:20 on this video, I cant tell if it was that exact audio but I cant tell its not, could totally be. I dont remember any other sounds besides the voices, but my brother did close the game after hearing the voices so I haven't listened to the whole thing, only voices
Ok, Ive just talked to my brother, and he also remember the shotgun dog thing
After what you said I was really believing that the shotgun thing maybe have happened on tr3 (also in laras mansion), cuz in my memories I wasnt with my brother when Ive heard the shotgun followed by the dog dying, but he confirms hearing everything ive heard, including the exact spot where the voices started playing

Last edited by DevaWay; 25-02-20 at 19:45.
DevaWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 19:50   #13
DevaWay
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post

Also, any chance you just started playing TR3 after TR2? Yeah, dogs and shotgun are different, but there is a lot more whispering and talking in that one TR3 is also, generally, the buggiest of the original trilogy.
The more you say more confused I get..... Now I cant say that it was not tr3, yes I could totally just started playing tr3 after tr2, we love tomb raider since we were little kids, I have memories of when I as just a baby watching my dad and my older brother (not the one that experienced the voices with me) playing tr1, so theres a very high chance that we had all the first 3 installed on pc
I can say the voices in the video you've sent are very, very similar to those in my memories
Old 25-02-20, 20:10   #14
Shing
Student

I think TR2 has some audio bugs on newer systems, so it can happen. Like music not playing in the background and some sound effects getting looped.
Shing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 12:33   #15
malferink
Explorer

I actually had something really similair happen to me as a child! It was the first Tomb Raider, and while we were playing one of the egypt levels, out of nowhere Natla started talking. In hindsight I believe it was the audio track of the cutscene just before you fight the final boss (the one where Lara pushes Natla into the abyss down below) it was absolutely out of nowhere so I amlost **** my pants, we played on PC

it scared THE HELL out of me and my sister, after that it was for a long time that I only played video games with the sound off lmao
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 17:33   #16
DevaWay
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
I actually had something really similair happen to me as a child! It was the first Tomb Raider, and while we were playing one of the egypt levels, out of nowhere Natla started talking. In hindsight I believe it was the audio track of the cutscene just before you fight the final boss (the one where Lara pushes Natla into the abyss down below) it was absolutely out of nowhere so I amlost **** my pants, we played on PC

it scared THE HELL out of me and my sister, after that it was for a long time that I only played video games with the sound off lmao
Now just imagine freaking voices and whisperings, sound of dying dogs all of this in laras mansion, a place where you think you are safe...
Old 05-03-20, 07:05   #17
Nerdy
Historian

I think something similar happened with us to.

Btw, when I first cheated. Ended up in floating Island. Always skipped that one. Later I just played a bit or had that level on for 5 minutes without walking. Saw that floating dude. I was scared!!! Immediatly turned it off. Or run away I dont remember. That dude looked beheaded. Without a head. Later I found out they have a head.

Sorry not related but also scary
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote