www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 24-03-20, 20:35   #151
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Thanks! I'll try them out on my next day off
Keep me updated, interesting to see if it'll work.

Even though I played the game a lot, most of the time I just deleted my shader cache, cause after rebooting/booting up the emulator is actually slower compiling the shaders, which can take several minutes. (3-10 mins) Ok I know, thats not much, but still.
Old 27-03-20, 13:52   #152
JAMJOOM
Hobbyist

Default Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Remastered)

im crazy about xbox 360 version even its not better than ps3
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 17:27   #153
ANoDE
Golden

That sounds stupid, but I can't tell you if it worked or not. I had next to no shader compiling during the initial cutscene and at the outside of the first cave. But in the first cave I got massive compiling - sometimes just moving the camera had areas that were already rendered correctly re-compiled...

One more thing I noticed is, that there seem to be a few glitches concerning physics when the game runs at very high framerates.
If I shoot a bat it gets thrown around in the area as if I'd hit it with a nuke instead of a bullet. Also, I can't seem to finish the puzzle in Lara's training room involving the turning metal crosses. When I jump on it, it barely moves and stops mid-way, leaving Lara to jump in a completely wrong direction. I'll try limiting the framerate to 60fps next to see if that mitigates the problem.

Fun note: LC GoL has the same ragdoll issues on high-framerates. Seems to be an engine problem
Old 27-03-20, 18:56   #154
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
That sounds stupid, but I can't tell you if it worked or not. I had next to no shader compiling during the initial cutscene and at the outside of the first cave. But in the first cave I got massive compiling - sometimes just moving the camera had areas that were already rendered correctly re-compiled...

One more thing I noticed is, that there seem to be a few glitches concerning physics when the game runs at very high framerates.
If I shoot a bat it gets thrown around in the area as if I'd hit it with a nuke instead of a bullet. Also, I can't seem to finish the puzzle in Lara's training room involving the turning metal crosses. When I jump on it, it barely moves and stops mid-way, leaving Lara to jump in a completely wrong direction. I'll try limiting the framerate to 60fps next to see if that mitigates the problem.

Fun note: LC GoL has the same ragdoll issues on high-framerates. Seems to be an engine problem
Yes, I had no shaders generated inside the first level. So it worked then, great to know! But like I said, I didn't have many areas.
Old 29-03-20, 00:27   #155
Edming
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
Hey guys! I just wanted to share my Anniversary gameplay with you, and it is not the ugly PC version, but the remastered PS3 version, played in RPCS3 (PS3 emulator), in 4K.

Take a look, it looks really beautiful
link
not really worth watching now, it's older, glitchy gameplay.

I thought I'd update the first post: now Anniversary runs almost flawlessly in 4K 60fps. Take a look:

Underworld gameplay

It's unlisted because it's a rough cut, but anyone who is interested here can watch it, and get a glimpse of RPCS3 performance. Note that RSX (GPU) utilization is almost always at 99%. It was rendered at 2K, but uploaded at 720P because of the length, and because I was recording in windowed mode to eliminate tearing.

I tried Xenia too, and the manor loaded!! (but nothing else...) So I quickly made a short comparison video on the three versions we have on PC

Comparing the lighting, the PC version is the outsider here; has more lighting effects and more details, but almost zero shadows, except the one that Lara casts. (But not on Lara.) Also some level textures are higher quality. (at least in the Manor) RPCS3 and Xenia looks very similar in terms of lights, still the Xenia one has weaker, barely visible shadows. Only the RPCS3 version has a better Lara model with higher textures, and specular maps. And finally Lara casts a shadow on herself. Wow.

EDIT: full res pics guess game
lol honestly no cause theyre in order

THIS IS CRAZY TO SEE.

I have been waiting for the day to be able to emulate in such high quality TR games from last generation.

Amazing progress!
Old 02-04-20, 01:34   #156
drseven
Hobbyist

hi guys, i started emulating the trilogy and i'm past how stable it is, my only problem is that he is constantly compiling shader on the tomb raider anniversary (the only one i tested) does anyone know how to decrease it? I even created a cache by the emulator I don't know if it gave much difference, I have a 1050gtx 4gb and i7-7700HQ

TRA is playing well in 1080p and 60fps the problem is really in the compilling shader

does anyone have the 100% TRA save?
drseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 05:11   #157
ANoDE
Golden

I asked the same question on the previous page

Apparently there's not much to be done, besides playing through the game once to create all shaders.

GFY2013 posted a zip with some precompiled shaders and the instructions on how to apply them. The areas included (not too many I think), seem to work without shader compilation. Maybe someone can share a cache with more areas over time.
Old 10-04-20, 02:31   #158
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Graphics wise, most consoles do the game justice but in terms of gameplay, the Wii version in my opinion was the best.
Old 12-04-20, 09:10   #159
FreakRaider
Professor

is it just me or are TRA graphics exactly the same on pc and ps3/xbox360 except lara's lighting and shadow + water effects? idk why there's sucha buzz about it
Old 12-04-20, 18:18   #160
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
is it just me or are TRA graphics exactly the same on pc and ps3/xbox360 except lara's lighting and shadow + water effects? idk why there's sucha buzz about it
PC and the X360 versions are almost the same: X360 has the water effects and some more shadows. The PS3 version I think has specular maps as well (at least on Lara?), also it has a slightly higher res Lara model. (note at https://youtu.be/Ec2pjClT5CA 1:42 her shoulders and backpack, but its noticeable on her ears too)

I don't know, I just prefer the PS3 version cause it looks nicer to me. Imo PC looks the worst, to me anyway.