www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-03-20, 05:29   #1091
JAMJOOM
Hobbyist
 
JAMJOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 63
Red face super

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniLucca View Post
Hi Folks!
I hope you all are safe in this global nightmare that we are living in!

Since I'm out of work due to the situation, I'm working very hard on the ramastering the textures.

While Bob is working on improving the lighting, meshes, textures tiles and a lot of cool new technical stuffs. I'm doing the remastered textures of one of my favourite levels: Nevada Desert!

I wouldn't show anything until the textures was 100%. But I can't contain myself!

Here is an updated screenshot of Nevada:



PS: The sign will be remasted too. I just did not do it yet!
By the way:

QUESTION TIME!

There's a sign in this place that the only thing that is kind of readable is the word WARNING. There is a lot of text that is impossible to read. What you guys think that should be write in there?

I was thinking about something related to be careful with the electrify fence...
OMG this is great can't wait to see more......
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 05:39   #1092
ANoDE
Golden
 
ANoDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austria
Posts: 4,985
Default

Nice work

Please stay safe and healthy, too

About the warning sign: According to google, they usually look like this:


There's even a few pictures of actual Area 51 signs - but I kinda like the default one, too.
__________________
♫ Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed ♫ ~ Linkin Park
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 06:29   #1093
TRJTA
Professor
 
TRJTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,885
Default

Awesome work Giovanni! It looks so good!

I'm working on modding my actual new built home right now. Because of that my work on the project is om hold now.

I suspect I will be able to continue working on the project somewhere in May.

Keep up the awesome work Giovanni!
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 15:27   #1094
myckwill
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Balneário Camboriú- Brazil
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniLucca View Post
There's a sign in this place that the only thing that is kind of readable is the word WARNING. There is a lot of text that is impossible to read. What you guys think that should be write in there?

I was thinking about something related to be careful with the electrify fence...
How about something related to your experience on doing this remaster? A sort of easter egg...
myckwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 15:58   #1095
GiovanniLucca
Historian
 
GiovanniLucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Nice work

Please stay safe and healthy, too

About the warning sign: According to google, they usually look like this:

There's even a few pictures of actual Area 51 signs - but I kinda like the default one, too.
Perfect! Thank you so much!!!
__________________
Tomb Raider III Remaster Project Director
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 17:26   #1096
edumarrom
Hobbyist
 
edumarrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Andalucía, Spain
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
About the warning sign: According to google, they usually look like this:
That would be a good option! I found another sign but, in my opinion, with a better texture, :

That rusty look fits amazing with the desert environment

I'm not profesional at image editing or coding but I would love to help this project as much as possible, but I don't know how to give a hand
edumarrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 17:34   #1097
ANoDE
Golden
 
ANoDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austria
Posts: 4,985
Default

Yeah, I saw that one too - and I do love it. Both images would have to be recreated though, as I doubt they're licensed correctly.
__________________
♫ Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed ♫ ~ Linkin Park
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 19:53   #1098
indigo1993
Hobbyist
 
indigo1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ireland
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniLucca View Post
Hi Folks!
I hope you all are safe in this global nightmare that we are living in!

Since I'm out of work due to the situation, I'm working very hard on the ramastering the textures.

While Bob is working on improving the lighting, meshes, textures tiles and a lot of cool new technical stuffs. I'm doing the remastered textures of one of my favourite levels: Nevada Desert!

I wouldn't show anything until the textures was 100%. But I can't contain myself!

Here is an updated screenshot of Nevada:



PS: The sign will be remasted too. I just did not do it yet!
By the way:

QUESTION TIME!

There's a sign in this place that the only thing that is kind of readable is the word WARNING. There is a lot of text that is impossible to read. What you guys think that should be write in there?

I was thinking about something related to be careful with the electrify fence...

Hey there! Loving the Nevada Level so far!
I found this link with pictures of Area 51's front gate. Nothing like real-life references to inspire the art xD
https://www.lazygranch.com/fg.html

Btw I was wondering if the very last mountain on the background shouldn't perhaps be a little more blurred, so that there's an illusion of depth of field there? I feel that the crisp texture in the background made it all look a little more flat, but that's just my opinion xD
__________________
Time to put things right and remove the thorn in my side in the process.
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 19:57   #1099
indigo1993
Hobbyist
 
indigo1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ireland
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo1993 View Post
Hey there! Loving the Nevada Level so far!
I found this link with pictures of Area 51's front gate. Nothing like real-life references to inspire the art xD
https://www.lazygranch.com/fg.html

Btw I was wondering if the very last mountain on the background shouldn't perhaps be a little more blurred, so that there's an illusion of depth of field there? I feel that the crisp texture in the background made it all look a little more flat, but that's just my opinion xD
Btw someone said something about leaving a little easter egg somewhere - I think the Nevada levels have the perfect setting for an idea like that and I totally second that opinion, it'd be super cool xD
__________________
Time to put things right and remove the thorn in my side in the process.
indigo1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-20, 14:18   #1100
GiovanniLucca
Historian
 
GiovanniLucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 298
Default

Folks, thanks for the help with the Nevada signs. I really appreciate it!

Someone suggest to blur the background, I did that and doesn't look good, so I'll keep this way!

Nevada is almost done, now I'm doig the not fun parts, the tiny little pieces of textures of some objects from the scenario like computers and desks... Besides that, my part on this level is done and it is on hold for Bob to do improvements there, and i must say, there's a LOT of texture tiles misplaced and with wrong rotation in this level. He is gonna to have fun
__________________
Tomb Raider III Remaster Project Director
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.