www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 19-03-16, 22:35   #10001
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post

Ah, the gap was just tooo tempting, every chance is good to crash Lara on her head
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-16, 08:27   #10002
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Hi!

So, I've done a flip animation for the tight rope, and I made the script myself and it is working perfectly.

This is what I have:

Animation= 445, KEY1_JUMP, IGNORE, FAN_SET_FREE_HANDS, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 5, IGNORE, -448, -446
MultEnvCondition= 5, ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

(Animation 445 is my custom animation, 448 is the tight rope standing animation and 446 is the tight rope walking animation).

The thing is: Lara is able to do this animation when she's close to the end, and my script only says that she can't do the animation when she's close to a wall. I happens that there are of course cases in which there won't be a wall in front of the tight rope, which means the MultEnvCondition is useless.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this issue?

There's a video to give you more details:

[video]

Thanks!
Instead of preventing the flip animation, I'd suggest that you make a flip-to-stand animation that you can trigger either at the end or at the middle of the flip animation. You could do this two ways:
  1. Using a State Change (in the Animation Editor), that would use the same StateID that is used for the normal tight-rope-to-stand animation. The thing is that I'm not sure it will work... you could test it and if it doesn't work you could test the other solution:
  2. Using an Animation= command, and the condition would be the one that checks that there's no floor ditance between Lara and the floor (ENV_DISTANCE_FLOOR + ENV_NON_TRUE should work if I remember correctly).

This way she could still do the flip animation but react correctly if she's on the floor.
Old 20-03-16, 09:55   #10003
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

I will try that! thanks!

EDIT: but about the second option, wouldn't the flip-to-stand animation work only when Lara is on the floor, instead of being one block distance of the end of the rope?

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 20-03-16 at 10:01.
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-16, 10:43   #10004
Joey79100
Professor

Yep, that's how you could make her go into a stand position directly.
Old 20-03-16, 10:56   #10005
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Oh, I see! But in this case, wouldn't this be literally me forcing lara to do the tightrope > standing animation?

Can I make something like

Animation= X, IGNORE, IGNORE, FAN_SET_FREE_HANDS, MULT_ENV_CONDITION, Y, IGNORE, -Z

MultEnvCondition= Y, ENV_DISTANCE_FLOOR + ENV_NON_TRUE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

(X: Tight Rope to standing animation ; Y: MultEnvCondition id ; Z: the tight rope standing animation)
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-16, 11:36   #10006
Titak

I think what Joey means is to make a new animation, which should kick in at some point during the flip animation (somewhere towards the end of the animation would be best I think) and which does not end in her standing-on-tightrope animation but which ends in her default standing animation instead.

So I was thinking about a transition from the "end of the flip to standing", instead of "end of the flip to tightrope".
I guess you could use her default tightrope-to-standing animation for this.

Last edited by Titak; 21-03-16 at 08:40.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-16, 06:21   #10007
Joey79100
Professor

^
Yep, that's what I meant.

Something else came to my mind though. I have no idea how to prevent the animation from triggering by looking for the distance with the next floor. Though, you know that starting and ending points of a tight rope are defined by actual objects (we don't care they're nullmeshes).
So what you can do is to use a TestPosition= command to check the distance between Lara and a tightrope nullmesh (maybe coupled with another condition regarding her orientation). The condition would be translated as: "IF she's close to a tightrope nullmesh AND IF she's facing a tightrope nullmesh"... and you let the animation play only if these conditions are false.
With this setup it's possible to prevent the animation from playing.

Personally I prefer the idea of using a transition, because I think that allowing Lara the maximum of movements and make the maximum of transition so it fits a maximum situations is better for the player than allowing only a restricted number of movements in certain situations. But it requires more work to make a lot of transitions, so it all depends on what you want to do and if you have the motivation to work that much... which can be irritating.
Old 22-03-16, 11:07   #10008
maati139
Historian

I have a small problem in game from longer time and maybe someone here could help me. Every time when I enter to a diary the music from channel 2 is interrupted and it's not even restore. Is there a way to fix it?
Old 22-03-16, 14:43   #10009
tomb2player
Archaeologist

I had similar problems long time ago, when I used both script for custom image for inventory and script to silence (stop/pause) all audio when inventory is turned on. I don't remember details. However I removed script for silencing audio, and everything started working. Problems were similar to mentioned by you, for example sounds when Lara use medipack were not working.
Old 22-03-16, 17:24   #10010
maax87
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maati139 View Post
I have a small problem in game from longer time and maybe someone here could help me. Every time when I enter to a diary the music from channel 2 is interrupted and it's not even restore. Is there a way to fix it?
I think you can't do anything with it, I mean dairy just work in that way. But there are some different solutions. You can try to play that audio on first channel with restore previous track in this moment of the game