www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-12-10, 18:20   #1
MrJavi94
Archaeologist
 
MrJavi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 2,220
Default TREP Bar Customizer

I have a doubt about trep software. I have noticed some levels like tibetan winter, snowwhite or italian exploration more than 1 color in the bars and I would like know how I can to make bars with more colors. I have tried with all options in the bar customizer and I am locked. Any help? Sorry if my English is not clear enough
__________________
Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.
MrJavi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 19:19   #2
Titak
Moderator
 
Titak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drenthe, The Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Default

Moved to general TRLE section since this is not a tutorial but a question.


Isn't there a patch in there somewhere that allows for TRC (multi-coloured) style bars?
__________________
If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 19:38   #3
MrJavi94
Archaeologist
 
MrJavi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Moved to general TRLE section since this is not a tutorial but a question.


Isn't there a patch in there somewhere that allows for TRC (multi-coloured) style bars?
Do u mean TR5 Genuine static bars? I think it isn't

Which are the parameters did you use make for Himalayan Mysteries bars? I mean the numbers to get the colors which appear in Himalayan Mysteries.
I tried with several combinations and I dont find the color of your sprint bar.

I hope your understand the message
__________________
Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.
MrJavi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 19:41   #4
FloTheMachine
Relic Hunter
 
FloTheMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 7,100
Default

*goes to check colour of sprint bar*

It's a grey-green colour. Not that hard to reproduce I imagine, just mess around with the colours a bit and you'll get the result you want, just a curious question. Why does it have to be exactly the same as the HM one..?
__________________
“Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences.”
FloTheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 19:48   #5
MrJavi94
Archaeologist
 
MrJavi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloTheMachine View Post
*goes to check colour of sprint bar*

It's a grey-green colour. Not that hard to reproduce I imagine, just mess around with the colours a bit and you'll get the result you want, just a curious question. Why does it have to be exactly the same as the HM one..?
Because I love that color.
Anyway, thanks
__________________
Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.
MrJavi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 19:52   #6
Titak
Moderator
 
Titak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drenthe, The Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Default

I can't remember what I did to get those coloured bars.
It's been way to long since I used TREP.

To get the colour I used you could take a screenshot and colour-sample it in a paintprogram.
__________________
If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 22:09   #7
Kapu
Professor
 
Kapu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northwoods of Wisconsin
Posts: 3,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJavi94 View Post
I have noticed some levels like tibetan winter, snowwhite or italian exploration more than 1 color in the bars and I would like know how I can to make bars with more colors. I have tried with all options in the bar customizer and I am locked. Any help?
It's really simple. In the bar customizer you have two colors for each bar: the main color and the fade color. Each color is represented by a RGB number value. By default, the health bar's main color is red (R:255 G:0 B:0) and fade color is black (R:0 G:0 B:0). In-game that looks like this: [IMG]http://i51.************/29beez8.png[/IMG].

Let's say you want the main color to be purple and the fade color to be green. Open up a paint-program and bring up the color picker (I used Paint here, but you can use Photoshop or Gimp and anything like that, too). Find the shades of purple and green you want. These are the colors I used:

[IMG]http://i55.************/vo33oo.png[/IMG]

You see the number boxes at the bottom that say Red, Green, Blue next to them? Those are the numbers you want to plug into TREP. So for your main color of purple you'd put in R:165, G:0, B:253. For your fade color of green you put in R:108, G:255, and B:0. The in-game effect is this: [IMG]http://i51.************/2rrw6r9.png[/IMG].

Still confused, or did that clear things up for you?
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-10, 18:05   #8
MrJavi94
Archaeologist
 
MrJavi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
It's really simple. In the bar customizer you have two colors for each bar: the main color and the fade color. Each color is represented by a RGB number value. By default, the health bar's main color is red (R:255 G:0 B:0) and fade color is black (R:0 G:0 B:0). In-game that looks like this: [IMG]http://i51.************/29beez8.png[/IMG].

Let's say you want the main color to be purple and the fade color to be green. Open up a paint-program and bring up the color picker (I used Paint here, but you can use Photoshop or Gimp and anything like that, too). Find the shades of purple and green you want. These are the colors I used:

[IMG]http://i55.************/vo33oo.png[/IMG]

You see the number boxes at the bottom that say Red, Green, Blue next to them? Those are the numbers you want to plug into TREP. So for your main color of purple you'd put in R:165, G:0, B:253. For your fade color of green you put in R:108, G:255, and B:0. The in-game effect is this: [IMG]http://i51.************/2rrw6r9.png[/IMG].

Still confused, or did that clear things up for you?
Thanks for your effort writing a long message, but I meant the two colors which some levels have. This is the clearest example:Have you ever played Tibetan Winter by Mr XY or Italian Exploration by tweetygwee. I meant two colors in the same bar. No fade color
__________________
Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.
MrJavi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-10, 18:11   #9
Titak
Moderator
 
Titak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drenthe, The Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Default

In the Bars Customizer window there's three options at the bottom:
Normal
Gradient (TR5-like)
Gradient flat

I'd say you need to tick on of the Gradient options.
__________________
If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-10, 18:21   #10
Kapu
Professor
 
Kapu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northwoods of Wisconsin
Posts: 3,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJavi94 View Post
I meant two colors in the same bar. No fade color
Like Titak said, then you need to tick the "Gradient" option in the bar customizer. You still have a main color and a fade color, then. The main color is to the left end of the bar, the fade color at the right.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.