www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-12-10, 12:00   #31
Symsi
Explorer

Choosing between YouTube and Vimeo is up to the one who spends their time and work into that Tutorial Hub or Channel after all, I guess.

But do yourself a favour and stick with Tube, all the trle stuff is on there, which comes in handy for playlists. And everyone basicly has the ability to upload 15 minute videos max for now and certain accounts even more. Not sure if you can embed Vimeo in here.

Vimeo isn't all bad - just not the right choice for trle. When thinking about it now, I miss the feature of jumping through a video, when it hasn't fully loaded yet. Actually pretty annoying when taking a peek.
Symsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 12:31   #32
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symsi View Post
Choosing between YouTube and Vimeo is up to the one who spends their time and work into that Tutorial Hub or Channel after all, I guess.

But do yourself a favour and stick with Tube, all the trle stuff is on there, which comes in handy for playlists. And everyone basicly has the ability to upload 15 minute videos max for now and certain accounts even more. Not sure if you can embed Vimeo in here.

Vimeo isn't all bad - just not the right choice for trle. When thinking about it now, I miss the feature of jumping through a video, when it hasn't fully loaded yet. Actually pretty annoying when taking a peek.
Yah, that's a good point. However, most of the videos on youtube are terribly low quality and they're very few of them. So I say we start anew and create a professional looking page.

Last edited by leglion; 30-12-10 at 12:37.
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 12:41   #33
trlestew
Tomb Raider

That's what I suggested 3 pages back...
Old 30-12-10, 12:43   #34
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlestew View Post
That's what I suggested 3 pages back...
It's not gonna be very professional if the videos are low quality... If we create a vimeo channel then we won't have to say "oh well, your video is too low quality so we can't accept it. Sorry.", because by default, the videos will be high quality.
Old 30-12-10, 13:07   #35
Niveus
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglion View Post
It's not gonna be very professional if the videos are low quality... If we create a vimeo channel then we won't have to say "oh well, your video is too low quality so we can't accept it. Sorry.", because by default, the videos will be high quality.

YouTube can upload videos of 1080p quality. I don't see how that's LQ. You actually have to change your setting on the video to see 1080p quality because obviously some people don't have fast net. It's set at 360p as a standard.
And also Vimeo doesn't make low quality videos, high quality. You'll still be turning videos down for this reason whether you use Vimeo or YT.

Last edited by Niveus; 30-12-10 at 13:08.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 13:10   #36
Peanut
Professor

No music blaring?
Why would you want that?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 13:15   #37
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niveus View Post

YouTube can upload videos of 1080p quality. I don't see how that's LQ. You actually have to change your setting on the video to see 1080p quality because obviously some people don't have fast net. It's set at 360p as a standard.
And also Vimeo doesn't make low quality videos, high quality. You'll still be turning videos down for this reason whether you use Vimeo or YT.
I've heard that youtube "compresses" the videos and makes it low quality. The video files themselves are not low quality but youtube makes them that way

Also, that option doesn't seem available on all youtube videos. Vimeo just has better video quality. And I was referring to videos that were already uploaded btw.
Old 30-12-10, 13:41   #38
trlestew
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
No music blaring?
Why would you want that?
I don't want people playing loud music over their whole tutorials.
Old 30-12-10, 13:45   #39
A.JJ.G
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlestew View Post
I don't want people playing loud music over their whole tutorials.
I agree; for TRLE Tutorials, there's no need for loud, offensive music blasting your ears out -- something simple would do fine IMO. Even just an orchestral song without lyrics; it makes the video easier to watch and focus on, especially if there's annotations.

And any concerns over quality are fast solved. It only takes the correct software. If we all did go into some sort of composite channel of sorts, I could make videos HD-Standard (with a low-file size) by request

@leglion: actually, I've never had any trouble with Youtube messing up my stuff -- the only compression that has ever happened to me is in the editing studio, and it made the quality better if anything. But, Youtube does have some trouble, I guess. Sometimes the audio sync screws up, but that's all.

Last edited by A.JJ.G; 30-12-10 at 13:47.
A.JJ.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 13:57   #40
leglion
Inactive

Yah, we should just create a poll that contains factual info and not our personal experiences. We should let the great majority vote since they're the ones that are gonna have to contribute and use the site any way.