www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 01-03-19, 12:09   #30441
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
WRONG
Okay, wow... rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
https://nintendosoup.com/resident-ev...resident-evil/

So you have 2 expensive games and only RE0 is included in the cartridge (REmake has to be downloaded, that will take 17GB)

Nintendo.. DUMB
This is very disappointing, and honestly could mean I don't buy this package anymore. I can't stand it when games actually aren't stored on-disc, or in this case, on-cart.
Old 01-03-19, 18:13   #30442
noonbob
Professor

Part 2.

noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 03:11   #30443
Isaac
Relic Hunter

^ Here is a small glimpse of removed contents and explored concept. Cool stuff.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 03:48   #30444
domino92
Tomb Raider

I don't know if that prototype footage is using the newer models, but it does show Claire using her classic outfit where Leon uses his updated one.

That seems to imply that the Classic outfit might have intended to be used as the main one, at some point. Personally, I like the new outfit, but it's an interesting find if so.
Old 02-03-19, 09:48   #30445
DragonSlayer
Professor

I finally started Leon's scenario a last night and so far I'm finding it a bit underwhelming compared to Claire's scenario a.

Compared to Claire, Leon seems to have no personality and comes across as a bit of a bland character.

I've made it past the first fight with Birkin and I'm back in the RPD on my way to the clock tower.

Maybe Leon's scenario a will get better as it goes along but so far it's not that great maybe it's because so far compared to Claire he has met very few people, just Marvin, that cop that got split in half, Ada, Ben and Birkin, looks like Leon is going to have a lonely apocalypse.

I never felt like this when playing as Leon in scenario a back in 1998, maybe it's because whoever is playing the part of Leon in the remake is phoning in his part and subsequently I feel like I'm not playing as Leon.

I felt the same when playing MGS5 Ground Zeroes and MGS5 The Phantom Pain, I've always felt that Kiefer Sutherland wasn't right for the part, like whoever played the part of Leon his so called performance as Big Boss felt phoned in, it's like he turned up and recorded his lines without putting any real effort into playing the part.

To me David Hayter will always be Solid Snake and Big Boss, David made you believe that you were playing as Solid Snake and Big Boss unlike Kiefer and whoever is playing the part of Leon.

Claire IMO is the better written of the two characters and because of that she has the better scenario a and Claire's voice actor did a better job of making you feel as if you are playing as Claire compared to Leon's voice actor.

Remake Leon's scenario a has a feeling of been there done that with only a few new areas setting both a scenarios apart, as I said above I didn't feel like that back in 1998.

They should have gotten Leon's original voice actor to return for the remake or if not him then have Troy Baker or another more experienced voice actor play the part of Leon, anyone would be better than whoever it was they chose for the part of Leon.

A good voice actor can really make you feel as if you are playing as that character like Troy Baker as Joel in TLOU or David Hayter as Solid Snake and Big Boss in his MGS games, Ashly Burch as Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn and even though you don't play as her in the first Life is Strange Ashly Burch as Chloe Price, they all put in better performances as they're characters than Leon's voice actor, as far as Leon is concerned that feeling is non existent when playing as Leon.

I think Leon's voice actor did a better job as Frank Bowers in Life is Strange Before the Storm than he did as Leon in the remake.

Which of the two main characters do you like more, Claire or Leon?
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 16:09   #30446
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Between their portrayals in the remake, I'd have to say Claire. I was never that interested in her before, she had this bland quality that I couldn't really see past (even with cool scenes like the opening of Code: Veronica), but she kicked ass here. It was refreshing seeing her be capable, have personality, show a lot of toughness and without losing her softer side and warmth around Sherry. It put the likes of reboot Lara to shame when she just turned up on the scene as a more believably tough, young woman without really trying to be. Her voice actress did an amazing job, I'd love to see her again, like in say a Code: Veronica remake?

Seriously, the scene where she goes up against Birkin is amazing, Claire was great.

I thought Leon was pretty good too though. He doesn't show as much personality as Claire, but I don't think they had much to work with. He was just a gullible rookie in the original chasing after Ada, this version at least ramps up their chemistry, gives him some character building stuff in the gunshop, and has him crack a few quips. Nick Apolostolides (who is a cutie and you should give him a google) gave an understated performance as him, but I liked him a lot. For lack of a better word, his Leon is just likeable.

As for the game itself, I loved it. My only complaints are the scenario inconsistences (there essentially being just an "A" campaign with character-specific moments between them), the Ghost Survivors being a bit naff, and the Beach Boy mods not being official. Very excited to see where they go from here with this tone. Desperately hoping Nemesis is on the cards.
Old 02-03-19, 18:42   #30447
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post

In the original I loved both equally, but I probably playing as Leon a little more, I enjoyed him as a character a lot and really liked Ada, but in the remake it’s definitley Claire, and for all the same reasons you explained. Claire’s interactions with Marvin especially are way better than Leon’s, she actually gets info about her brother, even if it’s still mostly an after thought, but they’re still better cutscenes.

(Also a side note, I’m really sad that they removed all of Marvin’s dialogue explaining what happened at the spencer mansion, that would’ve been really valuable info for Claire, and really helped tie it to the original, it sucks that they removed all references to the original really.)

Leon’s VA is very strange, sometimes he sounds really good, and sounds a lot like Paul Haddad, like when he says “Gee, thanks.” But others he sounds very flat and has no emotion behind his voice, it is a shame cause I do like Leon’s scenario and story for the most part but there’s just something about his writing, his story, and his acting that just falls flat, and to be completely honest, Claire’s story isn’t all that compelling either, I think as a whole the story is less interesting this time around, but like you said, Claire’s VA really helps carry it and make it more fun.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 20:24   #30448
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Claire gets the best stuff this time around: better character interactions, more lickers, her final boss fight, a better scenario for her side character, the backstreets of the RPD...

Though I'm surprised to read people like her remake personality more than her old one.
Old 02-03-19, 20:57   #30449
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Claire gets the best stuff this time around: better character interactions, more lickers, her final boss fight, a better scenario for her side character, the backstreets of the RPD...
Right? I played her first and was so glad it was my first taste of the remake. When I heard that the vast majority started with Leon I actually felt disappointed for those people, haha.

That being said, Claire is a total badass in the second scenario when she fights Birkin. "I hope you like bullets cuz I got a helluva lot more!"

Oh, also, you know who else was great? Marvin. Can we rewrite canon to save this man? He goes through so much crap and he's awesome.
Old 02-03-19, 21:03   #30450
ESCachuli
Professor

Yeah, Claire fighting G was so ****ing badass.

As much as I loved Leon, Claire is much better and Id rather have a RE CV remake before R3make just to keep seeing Claire.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote