www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 05-09-19, 05:10   #30941
Swiz19
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
My biggest disappointment with RE2 (save the 2nd run) is definitely the lack of an Ada campaign. She deserves her own, from making her way to the police station, to what she is doing while Claire and Leon are there, all the way up to when she escapes the city like in Death's Door.

I find it criminal we still have no solo Ada game to be honest. RE is such a big and varied franchise, yet storywise it never wants to innovate at all. She could bring so much to the lore from behind the scenes, besides being a massively charismatic character.
The thing with Ada is she's designed solely to be a mysterious character. I also believe that mystery is to cover the fact that she really has no deeper purpose or meaning. She exists to be a cool character lurking in the dark and that's pretty much it.

Which to me is perfectly, because RE characters in general aren't that deep and nor do they need to be. However, that does somewhat limit what you can do with characters such as Ada. A full game devoted to her would start tearing down her mysterious appeal and she would likely become boring. Trying to build a game, a storyline and make you want to continue playing that character... whilst keeping them an enigma is pretty much an impossible task.

Last edited by Swiz19; 05-09-19 at 05:16.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 11:09   #30942
rewak
Professor

Yeah about that, it made sense in the original RE2 not to have an Ada campaign because there was the whole question over whether she survived or not. After her reveal in RE4 though that's not an issue anymore, we know she survives, and Umbrella Chronicles gave us a story on what happened next, so there's no real mystery to preserve anymore. RE4 and 6 gave us scenarios dedicated to what she was doing during the main story, so it makes sense that fans want to know what she was doing during the parts of RE2 where she wasn't tagging along with Leon. There's scraps of backstory that could be expanded on easily, and they feel more like loose threads than any sort of mystique.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 12:44   #30943
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Ada having a campaign just makes sense, IMO. Not so much to remove her mystery, but simply because Ada is fun to play as. Even a recreation of Death’s Door - Capcom would make honest money with this content.

I don’t like how they handled any of the post launch content with this game. Especially after RE7.
Old 05-09-19, 17:10   #30944
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

I feel like nearly everyone wanted a DLC where we saw what happened after Ada fell down in the Lab and saved Leon at the end.

Also a DLC with Marvin
Old 06-09-19, 18:43   #30945
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I feel like nearly everyone wanted a DLC where we saw what happened after Ada fell down in the Lab and saved Leon at the end.

Also a DLC with Marvin
IIRC Wesker saved Ada after she fell.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 13:57   #30946
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
My biggest disappointment with RE2 (save the 2nd run) is definitely the lack of an Ada campaign. She deserves her own, from making her way to the police station, to what she is doing while Claire and Leon are there, all the way up to when she escapes the city like in Death's Door.

I find it criminal we still have no solo Ada game to be honest. RE is such a big and varied franchise, yet storywise it never wants to innovate at all. She could bring so much to the lore from behind the scenes, besides being a massively charismatic character.
I'm surprised Ada didn't receive her own campaign as well. Back in 2015 when RE2 Remake was first announced, one of the biggest suggestions was to give Ada her own campaign. The campaign could've focused on Ada's movement while she was not partnered with Leon. It could've been an opportunity to introduce a new location or two. The only time we played as Ada in Raccoon City was during the Death's Door scenario in Umbrella Chronicles. Even though it was a fun little scenario, it was kind of lame that they reused Outbreak locations for it.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 17:03   #30947
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Marvin could have had a fun scenario as well. Honestly, Ghost Survivors should have been this, considering they had the resources.

Kendo:
This I actually like. They could have left this as is.

Ada:
Basically have it start where the other lab scenario started, right after she helps Leon. She gets the same level and she runs back to the tram. She exits via cable car. This would be great because Death’s Door takes place in the sewer anyway. Her health would be pretty low, so the focus would be on quick, expert enemy kills and mastery of dodging.

For plot purposes, in hard, she starts with no ammo (but finds some, of course).

Marvin:
Similar to the one in the gas station level. Marvin has to stay alive in the station hall as long as possible while the enemies rush in.

Ada 2:
The is an unlockable (and pretty hard). Ada goes from the tram through the sewers, back up the police station through the garage. The garage is blocked off, and Ada will need a key to exit (similar to Runaway). To get the key, she has to down Mr. X. This will require her to run through the police station collecting supplies and gun powder. When Mr. X is down, she can leave and exit to the sewers via the path from Kendo’s gun shop.

We’ll just assume the place the gator came from goes there.
Old 07-09-19, 21:42   #30948
Grimaldi
Professor

I just wish the Ghost Survivors had been used to tell stories rather than being throwaway battle modes. I know they’re non-canon, but that isn’t to say they couldn’t have revealed canon information despite the events themselves not being so.

I’d have opted for Marvin, kept Kendo and Katherine, and maybe add an Umbrella researcher? Ada definitely should’ve had a canon side story as well.
Old 07-09-19, 22:03   #30949
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I think it is a creative decision from Capcom, they want to leave mystery. Maybe in their vision there was nothing to add or else they would ruin RE2. I think of it as the deleted scenes from movies. Sadly destiny or fate doesn't want them to happen.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 07-09-19 at 22:04.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 20:34   #30950
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Tomorrow is the day, we'll finally know how this online thing will work.
I'm not so excited to be honest
I guess I just wished it was RE3 or RE8...

Nevermind, maybe this spin off will be amazing, who knows?
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote