www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-12-19, 18:58   #31451
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Just seen the RE3 remake trailer....

Wow!!!! Very excited.

It showed first and third person views, so possibly the option is there to switch, but I'm glad there is 3rd person gameplay as I wouldn't get it if it was purely 1st person. I still haven't finished playing RE7.

And the release date April 2020 is less time to wait than TLOU2.

Last edited by Blackmoor; 10-12-19 at 18:59.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 19:09   #31452
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Same, idk about full on tactical gear, but I would like Jill being apart of stars/police to be reflected more in her outfit.

I would've had Jill wear a white zip up hoodie over her blue tube top with a little stars logo on the breast or the back of the sweat shirt. (with her taking off the hoodie later) I would've also added Jill's badge hanging from her neck like you sometimes see detectives wear. I think that would've been a cool "modernized" design that still keeps her connected with her old outfit and with stars, while making her appear a bit more prepared.
AFAIK doesn't she have her STARS RPD badge hanging from her belt, on her front.
The outfit is growing on me - she still has that vague 'RE3'ness about her.
The blue top, white middle (vest in place of hoodie) and dark pants.
When wearing her gloves, her attire (boots included) look a lot like her RE1 uniform.
It definitely ties into RE1 better I think - she looks like an alternate Jill.

The RE1 costume better be an unlockable!!
Hopefully they make more DLC costumes this time around - and ones we can unlock..
I'd hate for only the classic costumes to be there as pre-order exclusive. They should be DLC or unlockable too dammit
Makes you wonder whether they do this to fans on purpose to make more cash
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 20:25   #31453
robm_2007
Legend

Hoodie? I always thought it was a cardigan. Well if it is a hoodie, them I guess that gives her two outfits in one: going from hooker to drug dealer.
Old 10-12-19, 20:32   #31454
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I love the message video they put up where they said they got a lot of positive feedback from the Resistance beta. Yeah I'm sure you did

I like the little tease in the trailer that Jill might be infected from the start. It felt a little throwaway in the original where Nemesis got her then Carlos just got a vaccine and that was it, no harm done. Seeing her going through the effects of the virus could be really cool.
That would have to mean that Jill's motivation in this game would be completely changed, however. I doubt she'd want to get out of Raccoon City if she knew she was infected or had the slightest hint she could be. That's not Jill at all.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 20:34   #31455
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
That would have to mean that Jill's motivation in this game would be completely changed, however. I doubt she'd want to get out of Raccoon City if she knew she was infected or had the slightest hint she could be. That's not Jill at all.
The antivirus creation at the hospital is going to be one way or another, so maybe instead of Nemesis infecting Jill, she is already infected and she gets cured before leaving.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 20:37   #31456
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
The antivirus creation at the hospital is going to be one way or another, so maybe instead of Nemesis infecting Jill, she is already infected and she gets cured before leaving.
It's a neat idea, but I think it's a bit of a creative liability from the original RE3. I know it's a re-imagining, but Jill getting infected in her fight with Nemesis is a big story beat IMO and part of her lore that even comes into play with her role in RE5. Being infected and looking for a cure has also been done in RE4 with Leon.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 20:38   #31457
rewak
Professor

I'm gonna guess in the beginning she just chalks it up to PTSD from the mansion incident then as the game progresses she realises it's actually a problem, then like.you said she'll probably give up and Carlos will have been established enough to want to save her by that point.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 20:48   #31458
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Iím liking it so far. I actually quite like her outfit also I will be playing my first playthrough using her classic outfit, sorry Capcom. My only worry is that, theyíll focus to much on Resistance and the story of RE3 will be a lot shorter than it should be. Hopefully Iím wrong.

óó

Now that the three original Resident Evils have been remade, Iím hoping they do the same with Dino Crisis. I think enough fans want it to warrant a remake.
Old 10-12-19, 21:08   #31459
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Jill being infected by Nemesis and being captured by Wesker because she has some of it in her system after being cured by Carlos is literally the entire point of RE5. You can’t just erase that - it’s canon-canon.

That’s like turning the Spencer Mansion into a mega mall... In the outskirts of town. Shoppers were, apparently... eaten.

“A sale?”
“Look, Chris!”

Last edited by matrix54; 10-12-19 at 21:12.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-19, 21:15   #31460
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Jill being infected by Nemesis and being captured by Wesker because she has some of it in her system after being cured by Carlos is literally the entire point of RE5. You canít just erase that - itís canon-canon.

Thatís like turning the Spencer Mansion into a mega mall... In the outskirts of town. Shoppers were, apparently... eaten.

ďA sale?Ē
ďLook, Chris!Ē
OMG this had me laughing so much heheeh
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote