www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 31-03-20, 21:40   #32511
DragonSlayer
Professor

I got an email from GameStop about my pre-order, they said I can buy the game for the full amount and get back my deposit in-store when they reopen and have it delivered to my house or wait until they reopen then get it.

I chose to wait until they reopen as I'm limiting my money to buying food at the moment plus I already have the remaining cash stashed in a box to pay off the remainder when they reopen.

Hopefully they will reopen quickly after the 12th of April so I can get what I want, though it would have been great and ideal if they had dealt with pre-orders prior to closing for the lockdown.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-20, 22:16   #32512
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Resistance is ****, what a waste. I wonder if the servers will last.
Speaking of servers does Umbrella Corps still have online multiplayer? Did anyone even buy it ?
This is what worries me.. its gonna be a 5 minute wonder.

Hope they have more extra modes that just this.. even if its future DLC.
Played a lot of the RE3 Mercs and I'm gonna miss a battle type mode if its not in the game at all.
RE2 was a bit of a letdown outside of Hunk/Tofu modes
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-20, 22:26   #32513
Lord Lulu
Explorer

When the game comes out I still wont get to play it. As I still have to work.
Just hope people will learn to use the spoiler function.

No mater how the game turns out, I still have the original.
Old 31-03-20, 22:36   #32514
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
This is what worries me.. its gonna be a 5 minute wonder.

Well I'm going through the PC files of Resistance right now and I can already tell you the "costumes" for the survivors are boring(and ugly) recolors. I'm not a fan of grinding away hours for that type of extra content. I think there is also only 3 levels for the entire game from the start, which is gonna get old for people pretty fast.
Old 31-03-20, 22:45   #32515
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Well I'm going through the PC files of Resistance right now and I can already tell you the "costumes" for the survivors are boring(and ugly) recolors. I'm not a fan of grinding away hours for that type of extra content. I think there is also only 3 levels for the entire game from the start, which is gonna get old for people pretty fast.
The levels being so small and linear is ****ty too.
At least ORC had bigger levels and that is the worst RE game ever!
The whole concept for the game is an awful rip off. They should have taken the Outbreak route.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 01:17   #32516
robm_2007
Legend

I've played 10+ matches only as survival on Resistance:

The levels are far too linear and claustrophobic. I hope at the very least, there's an option to marathon the levels, in that you beat one with the same group, then it loads the next level, and so on - rather than one level and that ends the round.

Mercenaries style with bigger, sandbox levels would have been way better. Think Public Assembly in RE5. It's a decent size, has lots of little paths here and there, you can jump through windows, open doors, go up/down ladders to different levels, there are environmental things all over (barrels, destructible walls, electrical boxes, etc). Enemies drop items, you can find them on the map, swap items with your partner, etc.

That would have been an excellent map style for a Mastermind: choose where to put environmental objects where it can be both can advantage and disadvantage. Put a bomb next to one so you get a bigger explosion. Put a foot trap next to an electrical box and shoot it with a turret while a character is trapped, which then shocks them. Be able to place loot next to traps that are out of view. But then again, they survivors can use them to attack your creatures.

So I like the premise of Resistance, it would just work way better in a more open area - with more running around in the same map/region, than running forward in a purely linear area in a cramped area, making movement, attacking, etc crap.
Old 01-04-20, 01:55   #32517
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
I've played 10+ matches only as survival on Resistance:

The levels are far too linear and claustrophobic. I hope at the very least, there's an option to marathon the levels, in that you beat one with the same group, then it loads the next level, and so on - rather than one level and that ends the round.

Mercenaries style with bigger, sandbox levels would have been way better. Think Public Assembly in RE5. It's a decent size, has lots of little paths here and there, you can jump through windows, open doors, go up/down ladders to different levels, there are environmental things all over (barrels, destructible walls, electrical boxes, etc). Enemies drop items, you can find them on the map, swap items with your partner, etc.

That would have been an excellent map style for a Mastermind: choose where to put environmental objects where it can be both can advantage and disadvantage. Put a bomb next to one so you get a bigger explosion. Put a foot trap next to an electrical box and shoot it with a turret while a character is trapped, which then shocks them. Be able to place loot next to traps that are out of view. But then again, they survivors can use them to attack your creatures.

So I like the premise of Resistance, it would just work way better in a more open area - with more running around in the same map/region, than running forward in a purely linear area in a cramped area, making movement, attacking, etc crap.
I honestly don't have a problem with it either, but the execution of the idea is bad. Like it's been said: the level design sucks.

You literally just run through the first area to "solve" a puzzle, run through the second area to collect a keycard and "hack" 3 terminals, and then run through an area destroying 3 bio cores. You really do nothing else and it gets old after a couple matches. I've heard this will be the same for every set of levels, if it's true this will be even worse.
Old 01-04-20, 02:34   #32518
matrix54
Tomb Raider

They honestly could have added in some kind of survival mode to RE3 and been done with it.

I’ll play resistance if it has solo support, but I can’t be bothered with the mastermind spamming monsters and traps in my path as a I play. That’s just not engaging.

Last edited by matrix54; 01-04-20 at 02:36.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 12:25   #32519
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
I honestly don't have a problem with it either, but the execution of the idea is bad. Like it's been said: the level design sucks.

You literally just run through the first area to "solve" a puzzle, run through the second area to collect a keycard and "hack" 3 terminals, and then run through an area destroying 3 bio cores. You really do nothing else and it gets old after a couple matches. I've heard this will be the same for every set of levels, if it's true this will be even worse.
Same principal but different objectives.

The game has so much potential, I enjoy it so much. The problem with Capcom is, they're probably going to forget about it meaning no new updates and the game going stale and eventually die.
Old 01-04-20, 12:31   #32520
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
They honestly could have added in some kind of survival mode to RE3 and been done with it.

Iíll play resistance if it has solo support, but I canít be bothered with the mastermind spamming monsters and traps in my path as a I play. Thatís just not engaging.
Same could be said about RE2MAKE, So much wasted potential.
Some will be annoyed that it is always brought up, but the game has no replayability.

I have played through it 4 times and don't care to go through it again.
Aside from the RPD it really does feel basic/bland.

This is still so amazing to me. Really wish we had ambience like this in the Remake.
It was good in RE2R don't get me wrong.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote