www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 06-03-20, 10:04   #16021
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
So China no longer gonna be a location in the movie. This is going to force them to change the plot I guess.
Why? To be honest it was difficult to see what game locations Beijing was going to represent. We have no way of knowing why Beijing was chosen. Besides, they have ways of disguising locations into something entirely different. Maybe it was a budget issue.

Last edited by Rai; 06-03-20 at 10:06.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 10:56   #16022
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Beijing was almost certain a coronavirus issue. Besides, if they can convincingly set Hong Kong in South Africa (some friends and relatives of Daniel Wu asked him if he was in Hong Kong shooting at the time), they can convincingly set whatever environment they needed from Beijing.

Finland was perhaps budget, as South Africa during its winter (June - August period, aka when the movie is going to start shooting anyways) can have very snowy environments, especially the ones named on the IMDB page. Again, faking a convincing Siberian Tundra is not really that farfetched, considering this. South Africa also has sizable studios for when they want shooting on set and not on environment. No need to be completely dependent on the UK studios and have that part of production halt because they are currently shooting on location in Finland.
Old 06-03-20, 12:27   #16023
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Why? To be honest it was difficult to see what game locations Beijing was going to represent. We have no way of knowing why Beijing was chosen.
Hong Kong was not in TR2013 or London and they were locations of TR 2018. You should forget that they are 100% faithful to games. They are inspired by games but they make their own story.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 06-03-20 at 12:29.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 12:54   #16024
MBog
Archaeologist

I saw someone saying this movie predicted coronavirus. dont know how to feel about that.
Old 06-03-20, 13:35   #16025
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Hong Kong was not in TR2013 or London and they were locations of TR 2018. You should forget that they are 100% faithful to games. They are inspired by games but they make their own story.
London wasn't in TR'13, but Lara's flat is canonically in London, as seen in Rise and the comics, so it makes perfect sense the film would choose to show Lara's life prior to Yamatai there. As for Hong Kong, besides drawing in the Chinese audience, was likely chosen as a good starting point for her journey to the island, distance wise. I'm fully aware the film may not be 100% faithful to the games. I already said we don't know why Beijing was chosen. You've chosen to completely miss my point, which was to point out why the script may not need to change due to the location changes.
Old 06-03-20, 14:14   #16026
Superman81
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Do you know if Michael DeLuca is going to approve the production?
Our source did say Deluca is going over films but it is nothing serious. IF they were contemplating removing TR then I doubt we would have gotten the Summer move. I will feel better once we know a solid start date this summer which I will for sure update everyone on once we know.
Superman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 15:04   #16027
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
I saw someone saying this movie predicted coronavirus. dont know how to feel about that.
Well, I am in northern Italy and I am yet to see hordes of zombie people, so...

Yeah, "zombie virus that turns everyone immediately except one Japanese queen" and "virus that 80% of the time just gives you mild flu symptoms, even if the 3% mortality rate is a bit too high for anyone's liking" are still a bit different...
Old 06-03-20, 18:15   #16028
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

One thing I don't understand ... If I was going to start filming at the end of April ... Why does Alicia have no signs of training on her body?
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 18:23   #16029
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
One thing I don't understand ... If I was going to start filming at the end of April ... Why does Alicia have no signs of training on her body?
Well, if the plan is to mostly adapt RotTR, absolutely divine muscle arms aren't really that big of a necessity.

Also, from Alicia's interview the decision for production starting on Summer was made earlier than what Geek Vibes News reported. Could be a case of their supposed source only have obtained that info later.

I mean, could also be the reason why your own source was still hearing April, even when that interview was found.
Old 06-03-20, 18:33   #16030
Superman81
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Well, if the plan is to mostly adapt RotTR, absolutely divine muscle arms aren't really that big of a necessity.

Also, from Alicia's interview the decision for production starting on Summer was made earlier than what Geek Vibes News reported. Could be a case of their supposed source only have obtained that info later.

I mean, could also be the reason why your own source was still hearing April, even when that interview was found.
Supposed source? We have a a couple of sources and I would gladly show you our proof but it would cost them their jobs. The decision to move it to Summer could have been decided a while ago sure but there was nothing official. I fully expect once we have a solid SUMMER date that there will be more movement on this film.
Superman81 is offline   Reply With Quote