www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 04-02-13, 16:04   #371
HeinzFritz
Explorer

I have not tried that, so I do not know yet. But as soon as I have some spare time, I'll give it a try. Of course, best and easiest would be if Ensi would simply release his patches he made for TRNG also for TREP.
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13, 17:02   #372
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I'm sure he will convert them once he has time. Which I hope will be the case, if he says he wants to put further in-depth work over FLEP-TRNG on hold until Paolone's SDK release. I just wanted to put that out there, no rush.

Also, the 'stylish static bars' would require parameters as well, as now you can only switch it on or off with a predefined setting, there's no way to customize the bars...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13, 18:32   #373
HeinzFritz
Explorer

I can't help you on stylish bars. I have completely disabled all bars on my exe, except for the music/sounds volume bars in the game settings (which are unfortunately not affected by this particular patch).
Old 14-02-13, 22:24   #374
sharalex
Student

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Here is the particle testing ground package.

You can use it to test particle emitter properties on the fly, and then write down desired parameters into FLEP. All instructions are included in README file!
Symantec has picked up the particle-test.exe and spawn-interval.exe as being trojans and keeps quarantining them. Anyway you can re-issue - not sure why it thinks this?
Old 14-02-13, 22:28   #375
raiderromero
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharalex View Post
Symantec has picked up the particle-test.exe and spawn-interval.exe as being trojans and keeps quarantining them. Anyway you can re-issue - not sure why it thinks this?
i have norton as well with the same issues , just ignore it , exclude and restore the files
Old 14-02-13, 23:52   #376
sharalex
Student

Yup - that worked! What a pain!
Old 31-08-14, 09:20   #377
meta2tr
Historian

Is there any way of removing the hard-coded blue shading that you see when you're under water? For example in the image below, everything above the water surface is given blue lighting.

Edit: the image is from Amber Light's Wraiths turorial.

Last edited by meta2tr; 31-08-14 at 19:15.
meta2tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-14, 15:18   #378
HeinzFritz
Explorer

Probably the water texture is double sided and has the default TRLE transparency applied which is strongly additive (lightens the objects behind it) + the room above water has the white water reflection on the walls which adds to the effect.
Old 31-08-14, 16:02   #379
meta2tr
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzFritz View Post
Probably the water texture is double sided and has the default TRLE transparency applied which is strongly additive (lightens the objects behind it) + the room above water has the white water reflection on the walls which adds to the effect.
There is an additional effect where tomb4 causes everything outside the water to appear blue, that is RGB values are multiplied by constants that give more weight to the blue channel compared to the green and red channels, which changes the hue. I'm looking for a way to disable this "hue change" process.
meta2tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-14, 16:59   #380
HeinzFritz
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta2tr View Post
There is an additional effect where tomb4 causes everything outside the water to appear blue, that is RGB values are multiplied by constants that give more weight to the blue channel compared to the green and red channels, which changes the hue. I'm looking for a way to disable this "hue change" process.
I didn't know that!
Btw, while you are at it, could you also try to find out where and how to change the color of the (white) water reflection. Lots of people have requested that feature, but so far all attempts (including mine) to find the appropriate RGB offsets in the exe have been fruitless.