www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 08-12-14, 06:24   #1991
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

The animation is near perfection. The only thing that bothers me is he's hunchbacked when hes walking and standing still. Also when he disengages from the grapple swing its a little glitchy. Other than that, this fluidity is better than I expected from an uncharted game. If they manage to reach 60 fps that will send this game over the top.
Old 08-12-14, 07:15   #1992
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Is there any proof for a HD version of UC 1-3? Like a quote from a developer or one of the voice actors or anything like this? Every once in a while people mention that surely there will be a HD rerelease but it sounds more like a fan wish than a fact and as it has to be done just because of the TLoU HD version.
Old 08-12-14, 08:22   #1993
Peterstar101
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Is there any proof for a HD version of UC 1-3? Like a quote from a developer or one of the voice actors or anything like this? Every once in a while people mention that surely there will be a HD rerelease but it sounds more like a fan wish than a fact and as it has to be done just because of the TLoU HD version.
They stated it "wasn't in the works". Primarily, because of the PlayStation 3's cell processor.
Old 08-12-14, 08:28   #1994
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
They stated it "wasn't in the works". Primarily, because of the PlayStation 3's cell processor.
Because the games are so optimized for PS3 that porting would be very hard? I think that I remember reading this, though I thought that maybe there where some more recent news about this.

I'd buy a PS3 only for UC 1-3 and Journey (and some Assassin's Creed DLCs, though those are not as important for my decision), but since Journey already was rereleased on PS4 and if the same will be done with UC 1-3, I'd rather buy a PS4 and play the games with even better graphics.
Old 08-12-14, 08:36   #1995
Peterstar101
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Because the games are so optimized for PS3 that porting would be very hard? I think that I remember reading this, though I thought that maybe there where some more recent news about this.
Yup, the game is only optimised for PlayStation 3, because of the wierd architecture they decided to use. That is also why PS3 had worse ports (in the first few years)

TLOU was, and I quote "hell" to port to the PlayStation 4. They had to go through a whole lot to even get the game to boot on the PS4.

Neil Druckmann (TLOU Creative Director) -
Quote:
“I wish we had a button that was like ‘Turn On PS4 Mode’, but no… We expected it to be hell, and it was hell. Just getting an image onscreen, even an inferior one with the shadows broken, lighting broken and with it crashing every 30 seconds … that took a long time. These engineers are some of the best in the industry and they optimized the game so much for the PS3’s SPUs specifically. It was optimized on a binary level, but after shifting those things over, you have to go back to the high level, make sure the systems are intact, and optimize it again.”

I can’t describe how difficult a task that is. And once it’s running well, you’re running the (versions) side by side to make sure you didn’t screw something up in the process, like physics being slightly off, which throws the game off, or lighting being shifted and all of a sudden it’s a drastically different look. That’s not ‘improved’ any more; that’s different. We want to stay faithful while being better.”

Last edited by Peterstar101; 08-12-14 at 08:43.
Peterstar101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 10:36   #1996
fondantcookie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
Yup, the game is only optimised for PlayStation 3, because of the wierd architecture they decided to use. That is also why PS3 had worse ports (in the first few years)

TLOU was, and I quote "hell" to port to the PlayStation 4. They had to go through a whole lot to even get the game to boot on the PS4.

Neil Druckmann (TLOU Creative Director) -
That's an interesting read thanks for that.

I always assumed a Uncharted 1-3 re-release would be a given after the success of TLoU, but the fact it's been so difficult makes that more unlikely...
Old 08-12-14, 11:37   #1997
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

To be sure I'll just wait until next E3 and if Sony still doesn't announce a PS4 version of UC 1-3, I'll buy a PS3 (which hopefully by that time will be avaible for little money; by now it's still pretty expensive, even if it's 2nd hand). Thanks for the information.
Old 08-12-14, 12:51   #1998
PhantomPain
Archaeologist

Just wondering... if they are still not even in proper alpha phase, and the game is coming out in 2015, doesn't it feel a bit rushed?
PhantomPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 13:17   #1999
DOPE
Relic Hunter

The only thing I didn't like was his hair tbh
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 13:30   #2000
Peep Show
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Naughty Dog says that "a considerable amount of time" has passed between U3 and 4.
Drake on PS4 has 800 facial combinations compared to PS3 Drake's 120.
Some Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpz6Wu5Mxw
Every single hair moves with wind and water. Hair has true physics, can get wet and move around as you run.
Same amount of detail put in supporting cast: http://i.imgur.com/SRjMZCO.jpg
Naughty Dog says even Nathan Drake's chest hair is affected by wind physics in Uncharted 4.

And there are still people calling the graphics unimpressive LOL
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote