www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 07-06-15, 10:19   #3001
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I can't remember Uncharted 3 looking that bad .
Old 07-06-15, 10:22   #3002
tombraidergale
Archaeologist

The game looks absolutely gorgeous, it's just the weird change in lighting in some pre-rendered cutscenes which stand out badly compared to the rest of the game. The weird thing is that they changed lighting in pre-rendered scenes, so it's not like they were limited by hardware. They just felt it looked better when it really didn't
tombraidergale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 10:56   #3003
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWETombRaider View Post
They did the same to Chloe. The before looks a bit like a pre-rendered cut-scene.

Hopefully she'll look like the left image this time.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 12:35   #3004
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraidergale View Post
The game looks absolutely gorgeous, it's just the weird change in lighting in some pre-rendered cutscenes which stand out badly compared to the rest of the game. The weird thing is that they changed lighting in pre-rendered scenes, so it's not like they were limited by hardware. They just felt it looked better when it really didn't
They took out all the detail. The bus went from colourful and detailed to a puke-like colour. And don't get me started on how tragic Chloe looks. UC2 was not like that.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 12:39   #3005
Linoshi Croft
Legend

It's definetly not just the lighting, there is clearly a drop in detail as well. It'd be nice if the game could be at the level that it was shown at E3 in the PS4 version. However, I honestly do not expect that much of a upgrade looking at The Last of Us.
Old 07-06-15, 12:42   #3006
Shark_Blade
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I can't remember Uncharted 3 looking that bad .
It's that bad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Finally we get to play Uncharted 3 in its true glory, not like the low quality graphic crap that we got!!!!

I knew this was coming!!!

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 12:56   #3007
tombraidergale
Archaeologist

Again, those are pre-rendered scenes though so it's not like the game was downgraded, they just felt that those scenes looked better for whatever reason

It looks like the bus has more details in the final pre-rendered movie, but everything gets obscured by bad lighting and that silly yellow fog
I really don't get ND's reasoning for doing that, I'd understand if those were ingame scenes but they aren't so it doesn't make any sense whatsoever :/
tombraidergale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 15:54   #3008
LarasFan
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Seriously? You're considering not to buy this remastered collection simply because you've managed to achieve some meaningless trophies in the original versions of the games?
If you buy this collection doesn't mean you have to sell your PS3 and orignal versions of the games, nor does it mean that you need to achieve all trophies all over again you know (unless you're suffering from some severe type of OCD)
No no, you misunderstood. I only platinum games I adore, which I put a lot of hours into. I've played both games for hours and hours, so I know the game inside and out. That's the reason I'm considering not buying it again.
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 21:35   #3009
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post
No no, you misunderstood. I only platinum games I adore, which I put a lot of hours into. I've played both games for hours and hours, so I know the game inside and out. That's the reason I'm considering not buying it again.
Ah. So you don't wanna buy the remasters because you already know the games too well then is that it? I can understand that I guess.
Old 07-06-15, 21:49   #3010
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

The comparison pictures are a bit useless though. Many of the lightning conditions have changed a lot, that alone can do an awful lot to change the appearance of a character. Couple that with different/changed animations, different frames that were captured for the comparison, changes to the locations plus the fact that all the cutscenes are pre-rendered. All was the changes were made deliberately, it wasn't downgraded and ugly because of reasons like pretty much any Ubisoft game.

I highly doubt they'll go back to revert back to the 'E3 version' for the HD remasters.