www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 07-09-13, 19:53   #491
Dia2blo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I really hope they'll dial down on the scripted set-pieces TBH. I would hope that they'd be able to do sth more dynamic and interactive on a next-generation platform. Not to mention that they had so many of them in Uncharted 3 that they pretty much lost all their impact. They shouldn't have more than 4 of them in the next game IMO. If any.
I definitely agree with this. Whilst I'd still like for some epic sections, I think integrating them in a more believable way (UC1 does this best, I'd say) and focusing more on story/ continuity etc. would sell me to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin View Post
Elena is a more major/meaningful/well-rounded character to the franchise (and Drake) than Chloe. That's just the way it is. There should never be an Uncharted release with Chloe and no Elena. Chloe is the more disposable character. She's nothing more than Drake's adventure companion and hot ex. Her appearance in Uncharted 3 was nothing more than fan service. She didn't belong in Drake's inner circle.
I absolutely adore Chloe, she's a great character and plays her part very well in AT, however I also have to agree, Elena is the other half of Drake's character. Their whole chemistry is a large part of what makes the characters so interesting.
Old 18-09-13, 23:40   #492
Valentino
Archaeologist

Finally, something worth bumping the thread for and to get excited about entering it for once

Uncharted 4 on PS4 listed by Gamestop

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/1...ed-by-gamestop

Plus, according to a comment...

Quote:
Sony has a big press conference at tgs in two hours maybe this will be announced

Last edited by Valentino; 18-09-13 at 23:43.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-13, 23:45   #493
larafan25
Sage

TWO HOURS?

Gorl. We get TR hints and it's like "when this generation has been burned alive at the peak of the rapture, only then will the new species of human begin to evolve and only THEN will you soon know some Tomb Raider news!!"

I hope they announce it and I hope it sounds cool and we can speculate!

It's TGS right now?
Old 18-09-13, 23:52   #494
Valentino
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
TWO HOURS?

Gorl. We get TR hints and it's like "when this generation has been burned alive at the peak of the rapture, only then will the new species of human begin to evolve and only THEN will you soon know some Tomb Raider news!!"

I hope they announce it and I hope it sounds cool and we can speculate!

It's TGS right now?
Yeah It starts today. You can watch it live somewhere. Lemme check
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-13, 23:59   #495
:}hello friend
Professor

Why would they announce this at TGS? Not complaining though, I would like it to be true.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure IGN is streaming it at 10:30 EST. Maybe 10:00. Check at 9:00 just to be sure lol.

Last edited by :}hello friend; 19-09-13 at 00:26.
:}hello friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-13, 06:52   #496
paulwork
Archaeologist

just as long as they dont make a uc game about how to break nathan, and explain how he came to be the great adventurer with inner strength that we know today. (hurl) pur
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-13, 13:23   #497
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwork View Post
just as long as they dont make a uc game about how to break nathan, and explain how he came to be the great adventurer with inner strength that we know today. (hurl) pur
They're saving that for the reboot.
Old 19-09-13, 19:53   #498
paulwork
Archaeologist

I have a question to all of us uncharted fans... If it meant you could get to play an uncharted game this year...

Would you mind if it was a collection of mini-adventures in Nate's pocket notebook, a bit like TR chronicles, rather than an overarching plot?

It would of course be a money grabbing attempt to cash in while the normal UC4 might still be in development, but it would be better than a UC trilogy of the last 3 games "remastered" for PS4.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-13, 21:58   #499
AmericanAssassin
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwork View Post
I have a question to all of us uncharted fans... If it meant you could get to play an uncharted game this year...

Would you mind if it was a collection of mini-adventures in Nate's pocket notebook, a bit like TR chronicles, rather than an overarching plot?

It would of course be a money grabbing attempt to cash in while the normal UC4 might still be in development, but it would be better than a UC trilogy of the last 3 games "remastered" for PS4.
I would absolutely love all of these ideas, including remastered adventures. I'll eat up anything Uncharted. A steaming pile of **** with the Uncharted logo stamped into it? Take my money, Naughty Dog. Take my money!
AmericanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-13, 22:01   #500
larafan25
Sage

If Rika's in it, then sure.

I'd still hope that the mini plots are as interesting as the main.