www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 05-05-20, 10:17   #1
RaiderNZ
Hobbyist

Default Help! TR1 Save For PS3

Hi all, I have been replaying TR1 for the first time in a long while using my PS1 disc (PAL) on a PS3. I was up to Natlas mines and felt like replaying the first level for speed and in a moment of rather stupid move I restarted and saved losing all my progress! Can anyone help with a saved game for PS3 virtual memory card? I've used level skip cheat but it's just not the same...

Last edited by RaiderNZ; 05-05-20 at 10:27.
RaiderNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 12:26   #2
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNZ View Post
Hi all, I have been replaying TR1 for the first time in a long while using my PS1 disc (PAL) on a PS3. I was up to Natlas mines and felt like replaying the first level for speed and in a moment of rather stupid move I restarted and saved losing all my progress! Can anyone help with a saved game for PS3 virtual memory card? I've used level skip cheat but it's just not the same...
If you were playing on the PC then this would probably be less of a problem as you have many save files on the PC. I honestly don't know whether or not the saved data can be recovered, but there are people on this forum who will be able to answer your question. If you have lost your data then experiences like these are not exclusive to you; I've cost myself hundreds of hours of progress due to personal stupidity and technical faults. If you do have to replay the whole of TR1 then it really isn't the end of the world; it shouldn't take too long to make it back to where you were.
Old 05-05-20, 22:31   #3
RaiderNZ
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
If you were playing on the PC then this would probably be less of a problem as you have many save files on the PC. I honestly don't know whether or not the saved data can be recovered, but there are people on this forum who will be able to answer your question. If you have lost your data then experiences like these are not exclusive to you; I've cost myself hundreds of hours of progress due to personal stupidity and technical faults. If you do have to replay the whole of TR1 then it really isn't the end of the world; it shouldn't take too long to make it back to where you were.
No not the end of the world, just being lazy! I don't have much time on my hands at the moment though. Just thought I would throw it out there as I found a save on game faqs which the PS3 recognised as TR and copied to the virtual memory card but then it just would not find it when i loaded the game. I suspect because its the North American version rather than PAL. No worries - could I have a recommendation where to begin with on PC/laptop ie what version of the game etc. Cheers!
Old 05-05-20, 22:59   #4
Kirishima
Explorer

You could always cheat using the level skip, but if the pal version is anything like the US NTSC versions, you will have a short supply of medipacks even with the all weapons cheat.

EDIT: And I forgot to finish reading the whole of OP's post. Good Job, Me! I see you've been making progress with that impulse control thing for the however many years you've been running around on the internet...

Last edited by Kirishima; 05-05-20 at 23:01.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 23:05   #5
RaiderNZ
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
You could always cheat using the level skip, but if the pal version is anything like the US NTSC versions, you will have a short supply of medipacks even with the all weapons cheat.
Yeah thanks, that is what I did but it didn't quite feel right. And yes VERY low on medipacks! Another option for me could be a memory card reader for PS3 (I have a full saved game on a memory card) - does this allow transfer of saved PS1 game to virtual memory card?

EDIT: And I forgot to finish reading the whole of OP's post. Good Job, Me! I see you've been making progress with that impulse control thing for the however many years you've been running around on the internet...[/QUOTE]

Lolz - no problem

Last edited by Admles; 07-05-20 at 04:07. Reason: Double posts merged
Old 06-05-20, 12:21   #6
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

Quote:
No not the end of the world, just being lazy! I don't have much time on my hands at the moment though. Just thought I would throw it out there as I found a save on game faqs which the PS3 recognised as TR and copied to the virtual memory card but then it just would not find it when i loaded the game. I suspect because its the North American version rather than PAL. No worries - could I have a recommendation where to begin with on PC/laptop ie what version of the game etc. Cheers!
Maybe you should see this as a blessing in disguise; you have the joy of playing TR1 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
If I remember rightly, the Level Skip Cheat only enables you to skip levels; I don't think it results in you gaining guns, ammo or healthpacks. I suppose you could compete a fraction of some levels in the interest of obtaining healthpacks and then use the cheat. There is also the All Weapons Cheat, which will give you all the guns and with plenty of ammo, but I don't think it scores you any healthpaks.
Old 06-05-20, 19:41   #7
RaiderNZ
Hobbyist

Thank you all, I have been directed to some saves by @_Seth which have done the trick! I'm back baby!
Old 06-05-20, 21:19   #8
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Thank you all, I have been directed to some saves by @_Seth which have done the trick! I'm back baby!
Yay, it's all worked out for you.