www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 12-04-19, 21:08   #101
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
Where are the people that said there wasn’t going to be another movie?
I was thinking the same thing
Old 12-04-19, 21:14   #102
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

I am SOOOO happy holding back tears!!! Alicia Vikander makes such a perfect Lara, I'm hoping she uses those dual pistols this time. AHHHH!!!
Old 12-04-19, 21:16   #103
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I am SOOOO happy holding back tears!!! Alicia Vikander makes such a perfect Lara, I'm hoping she uses those dual pistols this time. AHHHH!!!
I actually wouldn't count on that as the 2018 did get a lot of good praise from really respected institutions like The Guardian for ditching the guns and Vikander's Lara is so noble I can't see her using them. https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...love-with-guns

And this sequel seems to be Vikander driven calling the shots and a lot of interviews which you can find online like CNet praise her in interview about the lack of guns.

I think the best bet is just a good variety of non fire-arm weapons but she can't go full Katniss - I think the dual climbing axes is a good idea as no ones done it yet so Croft can make them iconic and they are so pragmatically useful, for climbing and combat, opening items etc.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 12-04-19 at 21:18.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 21:19   #104
Al_x
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I can't believe this is happening. It's going to be glorious and I'm happy to see how this era has an impact in the franchise. Can't wait to see Paititi in all its glory, lol.

I remember the movie being on the same page as the reboot and then taking a drastic turn back by dressing Vikander as Angelina Jolie and giving her duals, braid and a smirk.

I'm just glad they kept the actress. She was the bast part of the movie and I hope they're sticking to that "kind of Croft" direction that we see at the end (even tho I still think her look at the end is a little bit ridiculous, like a pale copy).
Al_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 21:21   #105
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

I seriously want a brand new story and not following another game story, dual pistols, mystical creatures, etc. I'm staying hopeful.
Old 12-04-19, 21:27   #106
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

Oh wow This news is surprising but very exciting
I hope it'll be more classic influenced this time!
Old 12-04-19, 21:36   #107
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
I seriously want a brand new story and not following another game story, dual pistols, mystical creatures, etc. I'm staying hopeful.
The first movie was the beginning of Trinity and Anna so I expect Trinity to be the big bad in this movie.
Old 12-04-19, 21:50   #108
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I definitely want Ana as the villain this time around, everything else can be original.
Old 12-04-19, 21:51   #109
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
The first movie was the beginning of Trinity and Anna so I expect Trinity to be the big bad in this movie.
Yeah it's definitely possible, but with a new writer and possibly new director they may go another route altogether too. Who knows.

I just don't want them to follow any more game stories. Inspiration is good, but if they keep following the game stories they're not gonna sell as well considering the game stories are pretty bad. The movie retold TR2013/ ROTTR hybrid a thousand times better than the games did and we are very lucky to be getting a sequel because it barely made profit.

They need to go big or go home, time for Lara to start fighting dinosaurs and mummies again.
Old 12-04-19, 21:57   #110
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Yeah it's definitely possible, but with a new writer and possibly new director they may go another route altogether too. Who knows.

I just don't want them to follow any more game stories. Inspiration is good, but if they keep following the game stories they're not gonna sell as well considering the game stories are pretty bad. The movie retold TR2013/ ROTTR hybrid a thousand times better than the games did and we are very lucky to be getting a sequel because it barely made profit.

They need to go big or go home, time for Lara to start fighting dinosaurs and mummies again.
Not happening imo. Look at Himiko.....it's very clear they want to be as grounded as possible! I didn't expect a sequel so it's interesting to see how they're gonna have Lara with duals etc I wouldn't be surprised if she loses them at some point in the movie. A LOT of critics praised this bow version of Lara and Lara not killing anyone in the first movie.