Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 13-04-11, 12:40   #111
Muyfa666

Uhm actually, this IS with your build.

I could never get the performance I wanted on my own package in the end.
Muyfa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-11, 12:32   #112
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyfa666 View Post
I'm at Atlantis now....Sometimes when a triggered audio track is about to start, the game locks up completely and the sound stutters like crazy for like 3-5 seconds before the game continues and the music plays. It does not happen on all triggered events music, only like 2 out of 10 or something. Any way to fix it?
is it consistently reproducible? can you describe the spot(s) where that happens?
better still, upload savegame(s) right before the lockup occurs?
so I can try too

meanwhile you could try a different version of the exe I uploaded here for your convenience:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I1TUW7YR
to see if the differing approach implementing routines loading cdrom (in this case a virtual drive's) files makes any difference, although it really shouldn't

generally, though I ignore your hardware specs (cpu, ram & graphics) which can heavily affect fps,
it's recommended to start by fiddling with the cycles= parameter in config
this can vary in a range say 20,000 to 200,000
but 40,000 through 150,000 is imho wide enough a span for a sensible test i.e. raising it by 10,000 stepwise
expect a bell-shaped curve performance-wise
btw are you using such defaults as they're coming w/my installer or have you already customized them?

Last edited by gidierre; 14-04-11 at 12:43.
gidierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-11, 14:13   #113
Muyfa666

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidierre View Post
is it consistently reproducible? can you describe the spot(s) where that happens?
better still, upload savegame(s) right before the lockup occurs?
so I can try too

meanwhile you could try a different version of the exe I uploaded here for your convenience:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I1TUW7YR
to see if the differing approach implementing routines loading cdrom (in this case a virtual drive's) files makes any difference, although it really shouldn't

generally, though I ignore your hardware specs (cpu, ram & graphics) which can heavily affect fps,
it's recommended to start by fiddling with the cycles= parameter in config
this can vary in a range say 20,000 to 200,000
but 40,000 through 150,000 is imho wide enough a span for a sensible test i.e. raising it by 10,000 stepwise
expect a bell-shaped curve performance-wise
btw are you using such defaults as they're coming w/my installer or have you already customized them?
Unfortunatley I only have on savegame, and it's not at any of the places I found the bug. One place I remember specifically is a cave rather late in the game I think, where you ride a long slope down to a large lake or something. Just when the you ride the slope, music starts to play and I got the stuttering. Can you identify this place at all? I know it's not much, but it's all I've got ftm. As I don't know exactly where this is, I can not test your exe either. I've been trying lots of values for the cycles. I have found a sweet spot at like 700000 (which seems awefully much tbh).
Old 17-04-11, 12:52   #114
28Tombraider

Oh wow that is awesome.
28Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-11, 17:42   #115
Muyfa666

I will not be able to reproduce it, it seems. I experienced it again at the end, right after I saved a game, but upon loading, the stuttering was not there again. Like a cache thing or something.

I did stumble into one problem thou: the end credits crash. Not the movie, but the static credits.

This is if I use nGlide, but not openglide. A nGlide problem?

EDIT: Zeus of nGlide said the crash will be fixed in nGlide 0.96. :-)

EDIT2: Confirmed. nGlide 0.96 fixes the crash problems.

Last edited by Muyfa666; 01-05-11 at 10:41.
Old 03-05-11, 21:43   #116
trompifonz

Okay guys Tomb Raider 1 worked on me but when i launch the game its not working well. i mean when lara dies game is closing and Menu isn't net, its weird :S.
I will delete everything about Tomb Raider I on my pc can somebody tell me where should i start to Install Tomb Raider I ?
Thank you
trompifonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 23:53   #117
Anajrob

Is this installer the same as the one here?

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windowsxp2.html

Edit: I tried this installer and the first FMV loads fine, but for the next one before the caves it's just black screen.

Last edited by Anajrob; 05-06-11 at 00:14.
Anajrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 22:54   #118
Isaac

I seem to have an issue. I remember I installed once this installer and I could play through the game completely without any lag, issues, crashes, whatever.
I recently wanted to play again, so I installed it. I'm using Windows 7 64 bits.

The game runs fine, I see the FMV correctly, I can jump, run, shoot, whatever I want. BUT, as soon as there is a cutscene (like after the fight with Larson), the game freezes. I can still hear the music and the cutscene's sound, but I need to press Escape twice (to skip the cutscene) and press Enter.
It's kinda sad, since everything else works fine.

Any idea/suggestion?

Edit: Okay, what the heck, five minutes ago I could run the game correctly, now it suddenly crashes after the first FMVs (Eidos Interactive and all this).

Last edited by Isaac; 10-06-11 at 23:00.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 11:36   #119
lord gaga

Sorry for the bump but this thread is a sticky so...
I just wanted to say that your installer is truly the best as i've tried 3 others and non of them worked very good as with frame rate problems and such. But i do have a framerate problem when trying to run yours in the 3dfx form. It really does slow down. How can it be helped?
lord gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 12:54   #120
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord gaga View Post
i do have a framerate problem when trying to run yours in the 3dfx form. It really does slow down. How can it be helped?
it strongly depends on one's hardware (cpu and gfx card)
if performance is poor, I suggest to edit the cycles item in all \tombraider\*.conf files
sensible values usually can be tested ranging from cycles=fixed 20000 to 200000 but it's really a per machine fix (assuming it does fix anything)
if the best option is passed it's easy to tell since it will all grind to a halt
lockups are always possible as soon as the gfx system power is worn down.
gidierre is online now   Reply With Quote