www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 30-07-21, 15:39   #1
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Question Interactive Levels on Female Icon?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, though the cover of the CD displays an ingame Screenshot of Venice I thought maybe this would be the right place.
anyways.
I have a question regarding the Album ,,Female Icon'' (Tomb Raider) which was made in I prosume to be 1999? By the first ever Lara Croft Model, now I've boughten this album and noticed that it mentions ,,Interactive Level'' and ,,All Levels performed by Rhona Mitra'' and I'm really curious, I put the disk in my Computer but I get an error, so I'm curious, how do I get this running and what are these Interactive Levels?
I'm starting to think the issue could be that it's really old hardware that wont run due to compatability reasons
The error message displays:
Quicktime n'est pas installe sur votre machine, La version 2.1x est necessaire
(I dont even speak that language so im confused!)

Last edited by CircusBabysGal; 30-07-21 at 15:41.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-21, 17:56   #2
TombHackR
Golden

Itís saying you need Apple QuickTime installed on your computer, and that you apparently need version 2.1x.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-21, 21:17   #3
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
Itís saying you need Apple QuickTime installed on your computer, and that you apparently need version 2.1x.
I installed 7.9 (2.1 isnt compatible and wont run)
and it still doesnt work :/
Old 31-07-21, 01:15   #4
UroshUchiha
Explorer

From my research, you need either Windows 95 or Mac Power Mac 6500 to run the interactive level. Everything after that will give the error.

I think I still have Windows 95 Virtual Machine setup on my home PC so if you could send me the level file I could try and give it a spin.

Found the thing on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/Lara-Croft-F...elease/2451582

There's also a thread about it from 2016 here https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=214905

Funny thing about that thread though is comment #13 "Next we'll dig up a Tomb Raider cookbook.". I think this member predicted the future.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-21, 08:41   #5
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
From my research, you need either Windows 95 or Mac Power Mac 6500 to run the interactive level. Everything after that will give the error.

I think I still have Windows 95 Virtual Machine setup on my home PC so if you could send me the level file I could try and give it a spin.

Found the thing on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/Lara-Croft-F...elease/2451582

There's also a thread about it from 2016 here https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=214905

Funny thing about that thread though is comment #13 "Next we'll dig up a Tomb Raider cookbook.". I think this member predicted the future.
Sure! Later when I go on my Laptop I'll try to copy over the files and send them in PM!
Edit: Check PMS!

Last edited by CircusBabysGal; 31-07-21 at 11:21.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-21, 19:24   #6
UroshUchiha
Explorer

Turned out I no longer had a Win95 VM installed so I had to do everything from scratch. Installed QuickTime 2.0.3, 2.1.2, 3.0.1, even a v4 at some point and the .exe still refused to open with the same error.

Just as I was about to give up I accidentally saw on some Czech website that QuickTime v2.x came in 16bit and 32bit editions and all of the above I tested were 16bit. The 32bit one was a little bit difficult to find but in the end, I found it.

The 32bit installer did the trick and the .exe opened to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Kt9JK8mAE

No "level" of any kind that I could find, not even sure where the songs from this disc are cause there's only one that seems to play on loop. Maybe there are other files on the CD that are hidden that I didn't get in the PM?
Old 31-07-21, 20:38   #7
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Turned out I no longer had a Win95 VM installed so I had to do everything from scratch. Installed QuickTime 2.0.3, 2.1.2, 3.0.1, even a v4 at some point and the .exe still refused to open with the same error.

Just as I was about to give up I accidentally saw on some Czech website that QuickTime v2.x came in 16bit and 32bit editions and all of the above I tested were 16bit. The 32bit one was a little bit difficult to find but in the end, I found it.

The 32bit installer did the trick and the .exe opened to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Kt9JK8mAE

No "level" of any kind that I could find, not even sure where the songs from this disc are cause there's only one that seems to play on loop. Maybe there are other files on the CD that are hidden that I didn't get in the PM?
Ah! It's still lovely to see this as I've always wondered what it was! Thank you so much! I could try maybe converting the CD to a .Iso and resend it! I just need to figure out a way to do it, regardless thank you so much!
Old 31-07-21, 22:17   #8
perryloo
Historian

Who still has a win95 computer nowadays LOL

I liked 'the loverboy' song, you should have put the full version up or give us a link to the song, was it by a famous singer? Maybe? No!
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-21, 22:53   #9
CircusBabysGal
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Who still has a win95 computer nowadays LOL

I liked 'the loverboy' song, you should have put the full version up or give us a link to the song, was it by a famous singer? Maybe? No!
the singer was the lara croft model herself! ^^
Old 01-08-21, 00:22   #10
UroshUchiha
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Ah! It's still lovely to see this as I've always wondered what it was! Thank you so much! I could try maybe converting the CD to a .Iso and resend it! I just need to figure out a way to do it, regardless thank you so much!
Thank you as well for sending me the files! If you get the chance to convert to iso let me know.

If nothing else, I discovered two songs from this CD that I kinda do like xD Getting Naked and Come Alive are kinda stuck in my head now haha.