www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 20-05-20, 12:13   #5731
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^ Exactly.. hehe yeah maybe I didn't explain myself very clearly there..

But yeah - while its different to TR2, its barely noticeable at all really.. only the running animation and the dying animation is different - and I guess these can be easily changed.

It was more because the TR2 version would always glitch when walking, he'd kinda stop and start doing one step at a time.
He also once went down on one knee to shoot, but he was facing 90 degrees away from Lara - yet somehow the gunflash and bullets were aiming at her (rotated 90 degrees coming out of thin air)
Very odd.

What I meant earlier was.. nobody has ported them directly into the SAS slot to function flawlessly like TR4.. all enemies are TR2 direct copies and have glitches.
It was quite fun to do - very time consuming though as I had to edit some meshed to look right.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-20, 15:02   #5732
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
But yeah - while its different to TR2, its barely noticeable at all really.. only the running animation and the dying animation is different - and I guess these can be easily changed.

It was more because the TR2 version would always glitch when walking, he'd kinda stop and start doing one step at a time.
He also once went down on one knee to shoot, but he was facing 90 degrees away from Lara - yet somehow the gunflash and bullets were aiming at her (rotated 90 degrees coming out of thin air)
Very odd.

What I meant earlier was.. nobody has ported them directly into the SAS slot to function flawlessly like TR4.. all enemies are TR2 direct copies and have glitches.
It was quite fun to do - very time consuming though as I had to edit some meshed to look right.
Re dying animation:
Yes, if the meshtrees for SAS and the original TR2 enemy are the same it will simply be a matter of copying the animation.
If the meshtree is different, you may need to recreate the animation.

Re very odd:

My guess, I haven't looked at the original TR2 enemy, is that the meshtree hasn't been properly changed when "converting" the enemy to the SAS slot.
Misplaced gunflashes for example are very common in ported enemies.
I think it is because the TR4 SAS slot has a specific mesh and mesh position/rotation where it draws the gunflash. Something hardcoded to the slot itself.
Same goes for enemies that have been ported to any of the TR4 baddy slots.

But since I have never really ported an enemy, I'm not 100% sure.
And I surely do not know how to properly fix it.

I ran into a similar problem when giving my baddy those taekwondo kicks: he wouldn't hurt Lara. Then I figured he only hurts Lara when his sword mesh hits her.
So I used a workaround with some scripting to make him hurt her when his foot/lower leg touches her while doing the kick animations.

Re direct copies:
I thought some things had been changed to make them work at all in the TR4 SAS slot.
But I might be mistaken.
They sure are glitchy...
Old 20-05-20, 21:26   #5733
Joey79100
Professor

Yes, as explained by Titak, if the mesh order is not the correct one, weird things will happen, namely: gunflash appearing at the wrong position, and wrong meshes rotating to follow Lara's direction. This is simply because the engine refers to specific mesh numbers, and if the meshtree of the object doesn't match the order used by Core you will have glitches (even though it is a seemingly normal meshtree).

Also, it's possible to reorder meshes without having to recreate the animations. Apparently it's possible directly via WADMerger but I haven't tried myself, otherwise it can be done using sapper's Mesh Tree Editor.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-20, 22:29   #5734
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Also, it's possible to reorder meshes without having to recreate the animations. Apparently it's possible directly via WADMerger but I haven't tried myself, otherwise it can be done using sapper's Mesh Tree Editor.
HE ALSO MADE ME GO TO THIS TRAP, IT'S A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!! (the program didn't open for me )
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-20, 21:19   #5735
Titak

Mesh Tree Editor.
Forgot about that one.
I tried it once, followed a little tutorial in which you reorder meshes for some enemy and it worked. But it only worked because I was told exactly what to do. I couldn't make heads or tails of it to go and try it on something else.
So... meshtree is still pretty much a mystery to me.
Old 25-05-20, 20:17   #5736
Mrshina
Explorer

Here is my apologies for the TE Brain fart question..
Where have you seen this statue?
(Work in progress..awaiting for TR5Main)

Edit:

Last edited by Mrshina; 25-05-20 at 21:24.
Mrshina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 10:14   #5737
dcw123
Relic Hunter

OMG thats amazing..

Erm - AOD's graveyard , the statue that Lara pushes over to reach Bouchard's Hideout??
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 20:46   #5738
Titak

Awesome statue!!
Old 27-05-20, 22:49   #5739
Mrshina
Explorer

It's a statue from TRC title at the graveyard. But it's not a bad idea to make it function as AOD statue with an animation for some puzzles, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 27-05-20, 22:56   #5740
AndriyRaider_
Inactive

@Mrshina Amazing!
AndriyRaider_ is offline   Reply With Quote