www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 13-12-15, 13:52   #101
Dennis's Mom

There's a difference between hard and unfair. I find the fact the enemies respawn while my items don't to be unfair since it's patently illogical except in a world where you are deliberately trying to be an asshole.

However, I'm simply watching Douglas play it. Douglas is a much better player than I am, and this game is not really my cup of tea. My desperation to have a game to play made me think this was my type of game--3rd person action/adventure---when it's really just a hack and slash RPG with all the junk that entails. Watching Douglas play has been fun. I help him keep track of echo values (although I too like to call them "bloodbux").

Those pigs are not hard and they are worth a lot of bloodbux!
Old 26-12-15, 20:20   #102
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Talking

I just platinum'd Bloodborne, after 58 hours of sheer brilliance and fun! I find Dark Souls slightly superior, plus Bloodborne is way shorter (it's like half the game -much more, actually- is optional), but it definitely nailed every important aspect, mainly EXPLORATION. It's so tombraiderish/residentevilish/devilmaycryish! <3
Old 26-12-15, 23:13   #103
Soul
Golden

Congrats!

Which enemy did you find the hardest?
Old 26-12-15, 23:19   #104
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
Congrats!

Which enemy did you find the hardest?
Thank you!

On NG, Micolash.
On NG+ I played the Chalice Dungeons and the DLC. Respectively: Amygdala (Defiled chalice) and Ludwig the Accursed.

Micolash's magic area attack is more nightmarish than the scenario he dwells in.
Amygdala's strength and your 50% health bar got me one-hit killed MANY times.
And Ludwig...well, he's a beast, isn't he? It took me several lives to see through his patterns. Though once he changes his shape completely, I got to kill him in my first try. It's the first half that's crushing only.

What about you?
Old 26-12-15, 23:30   #105
Soul
Golden

Oh yes - Micolash is a true nightmare...his attacks during the second phase are so hard to dodge....I have to admit that I cheesed him with poison knifes in NG++, as I didn't feel like spending another dozen of blood vials.

The enemy that gave me the biggest headache though was the Watchdog Of The Old Lords in the defiled chalice. I gthink it took me around 50 attempts until "Prey Slaughtered" finally appeared on my screen and it must've been the best feeling I ever had during a video game

Amgdala was pretty hard as well, but I learned her patterns during the fight in the main game, so I actually found her pretty "easy" in the defiled chalice (Rom though... )
Old 26-12-15, 23:44   #106
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

^ I forgot about the Watchdog! Everything about that damn Defiled Chalice is so wrong

About Rom, I couldn't believe they'd put it and its children in such a small space! I had no problems with it...somehow... :O

I wish they released more DLC for Bloodborne, or Bloodborne 2
Old 31-05-21, 14:48   #107
GFY2013
Archaeologist

There hasn't been any replies since 2015, Imma revive this thread.

I first discovered FromSoftware games when the Demon's Souls Remake came out. I knew about Bloodborne, but never bothered checking it out until January, when I watched Marz' playthrough all the way, and I was blown away and became obsessed. I finally played the game myself in March, and having lots of fun with it since then. I actually platinumed it after 48 hours of playtime, lol, now rocking around 140 hours. (I know, I don't have a life T_T)

Anyone else still loving/playing/hyped about this game?? Also, do any of you think there's a chance it will come to PC? God, I just want to play it at least at 60 fps, and graphical mods etc! It'd be so so so goooood. I dream about it everyday actually LMAO.
Old 31-05-21, 16:45   #108
Tombcool
Professor

I love Bloodborne! I have about 90 hours put into it, and did all the chalice dungeons as well. So worth it!

One of the bosses still sucks and that Shadow of Yharnam but I can forgive the game for that.
Tombcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 19:34   #109
GFY2013
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
I love Bloodborne! I have about 90 hours put into it, and did all the chalice dungeons as well. So worth it!

One of the bosses still sucks and that Shadow of Yharnam but I can forgive the game for that.
Nice! Yes, I think the Chalices are fun as well. I actually spent some time and farmed some top-tier blood gems. It's also insane how much research has gone into them from the fans (where to get the best gems, how they generate, the loot tables, etc, also the rare enemies in there)

Ah yeah, I don't dislike the Shadows that much though. I think my least favorite boss is Celestial Emissary.