www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22-01-20, 16:38   #19021
Nigel Cassidy
Professor
 
Nigel Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post

Just look at all the controversy surrounding Lara Croft. They might as well yell "sex kills" with that delusional attitude. If anything, they are the problem when they look at Lara Croft as a character that is degrading to women. Most of the time when people claim something is sexist, it isn't. Or homophobic, like some delusional people demonstrated here a few days ago. People disagreeing that they don't want Lara to be a lesbian is now considered homophobic according to them, which, of course, is just ludicrous. People just need to educate themselves on what certain things mean.
Yeah I think those are both signs of how arrogant and entitled these people have become after society has rewarded their behaviour too many times. If one doesn't like sexy characters they have the right to do so, but they don't have the moral right to think of themselves as so much better and demonize others for not sharing their exact same standards of what is tasteful and what is not.
And to accuse someone of homophobia because they don't want an already established character to turn gay is to assume the motives of someone they don't know, which as best is just dumb and at the worst speaks of a highly insecure and scared mind who sees enemies and hostility everywhere. Which I think may be case for radicals everywhere...
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 23:32   #19022
redfox45
Professor
 
redfox45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Temple of Xian
Posts: 2,805
Default

Throwing a bad label at someone is an easy way of shutting down a discussion or validating their own petty grievences/biggotry behind virtue.

"Who cares if they are what I am accusing them of? I'm here to feel good about myself, not get to the bottom of anything."
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 02:23   #19023
SnatchingEdges
Professor
 
SnatchingEdges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Tihocan's tomb
Posts: 2,734
Default

This post has literally become the 'we live in a society' meme.
__________________
I'm an OFFICIAL TR fansite.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 09:59   #19024
_Seth
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: England
Posts: 2,469
Default

Anyone ever view the TR reddit page? They all just seem to be cucks posting random pictures of either Rise or Shadow with some cringey caption like "It's Tomb Raiding time!" with like 13 echo chambered comments.

It's nice and everything, but very superficial. For all of TRF's problems and as heated as it can get, at least we have actual in-depth discussions of relative substance.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 10:19   #19025
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 17,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Anyone ever view the TR reddit page? They all just seem to be cucks posting random pictures of either Rise or Shadow with some cringey caption like "It's Tomb Raiding time!" with like 13 echo chambered comments.

It's nice and everything, but very superficial. For all of TRF's problems and as heated as it can get, at least we have actual in-depth discussions of relative substance.
Yes I've been to it. That's pretty much mostly what Reddit does. Reddit mostly has general audience people who are fans of tomb raider, but aren't so attached to it like we are here. So they are likely to share a few good moments and just not post anything critical.

Although few times people have made a thread or two about something critical, but it's hard to engage sometimes because most people there won't comment. The most comments you will find are like from 15 people. Despite the many subscribers it has, it isn't as engaging as conversations are here.
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 10:53   #19026
Vaskito
Tomb Raider
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 10,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Anyone ever view the TR reddit page? They all just seem to be cucks posting random pictures of either Rise or Shadow with some cringey caption like "It's Tomb Raiding time!" with like 13 echo chambered comments.

It's nice and everything, but very superficial. For all of TRF's problems and as heated as it can get, at least we have actual in-depth discussions of relative substance.
God forbid people from sharing stuff they enjoy about the recent games without the typical abuse you see here. Yea, please just let people enjoy TR in peace on Reddit, and leave TRFs toxicity out of it.

Reddit is a much healthier place when it comes to TR, because at least there you can talk and share the stuff you enjoy, in all eras, without the petty and childish posts, threads, and namecalling that you run into over here all the time.

Threads complaining about font colors, and negatively nitpicking every single thing is hardly "in-depth discussion"
__________________
We found each other through brokenness and now look how strong we are

Last edited by Vaskito; 23-01-20 at 10:57.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 11:01   #19027
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 17,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Threads complaining about font colors, and negatively nitpicking every single thing is hardly "in-depth discussion"
Like Lara's sexuality and "objectification" right?
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 11:13   #19028
Mani_Man
Professor
 
Mani_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,743
Default

Would someone point me to this "in depth" discussion because "buhuh SJWs ruined tomb raider" and "bargh, i want her to wear shorts"...well that isnt really what the real world sees a "in depth".
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 11:14   #19029
_Seth
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: England
Posts: 2,469
Default

^ https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=223916
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=223913
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=223883
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=223623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
God forbid people from sharing stuff they enjoy about the recent games without the typical abuse you see here. Yea, please just let people enjoy TR in peace on Reddit, and leave TRFs toxicity out of it.

Reddit is a much healthier place when it comes to TR, because at least there you can talk and share the stuff you enjoy, in all eras, without the petty and childish posts, threads, and namecalling that you run into over here all the time.

Threads complaining about font colors, and negatively nitpicking every single thing is hardly "in-depth discussion"
Yes, I knew you'd have a problem with this post.

I'm not asking you to leave TRF, because I do actually like your positivity (even if it seems blind sometimes), but why do you stick around here and not just stick with the circle jerk that really is reddit?

Interestingly you just nitpicked examples of conversations that weren't in-depth. Don't be intellectually dishonest. You know we do a better job at presenting and articulating ideas instead of exclusively discussing fluff.

FTR, I never bitched about font colour, I bitched about the legibility of dark font colours against the black border, so please don't misconstrue.

Last edited by _Seth; 23-01-20 at 11:15.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 11:37   #19030
Vaskito
Tomb Raider
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 10,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
^Yes, I knew you'd have a problem with this post.
I have no problems with your post. I'm just being blunt - it's that simple.

TRF has a pretty bad reputation - this is a fact. Everyone talks about it not only on Reddit, but also on Twitter (LOTS of people have been talking about the toxicity in here being the reason they've left - I see posts of this kind multiple times every week).

Reddit is simply a breath of fresh air where so far you're free to talk and share anything about what you enjoy, without being called a retarded, a rebooter, and so on - and every fan is welcome, that being classic, LAU or Survivor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I'm not asking you to leave TRF, because I do actually like your positivity (even if it seems blind sometimes), but why do you stick around here and not just stick with the circle jerk that really is reddit?
Some people make it worth it sticking around - not only that, but TRF is usually the first place where you see TR related news and sometimes (now pretty RARELY) there are some cool discussions that aren't dragged into the usual echo chamber of negativity, with the same couple of people circlejerking each other, and parroting the same negative stuff over and over

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Interestingly you just nitpicked examples of conversations that weren't in-depth. Don't be intellectually dishonest. You know we do a better job at presenting and articulating ideas instead of exclusively discussing fluff.
Well, considering you were talking about having in-depth discussions in here, while you were the creator of such a shallow and depthless thread, it was simply and easy pick as example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
FTR, I never bitched about font colour, I bitched about the legibility of dark font colours against the black border, so please don't misconstrue.
You've been literally been moaning about the most senseless stuff. There's no "miscontrue" - that thread is dumb and childish, as well as many of the nitpicky stuff, and overly negative, blown out of proportions posts everywhere else. But thats TRF - I've come to accept that the "normal" around here, and that some members just don't know any better than acting that way - the only sad part is that it drove most people away from here, and as I've said, only the same couple of people are around saying the same negative stuff making TRF a echo chamber most of the time.

As an example: Daring Do, who is a pretty awesome person, came here a couple of days ago to have a normal conversation, where people where talking about Lara's sexuality, and she got ravaged by the usual clan simply because she dared to share her personal wishes. That's how rabbid TRF has become - I believe right now it's actually a paradise for you, so just stick to it and stop worrying about Reddit's "circlejerk" where every iteration of TR and its fans are welcome.

Also, just for the record: well known classic TR accounts/fans have been ravaging twitter posts on Twitter too. That's simply worsening the negative image people already have of the TR fandom, so there's also that .
__________________
We found each other through brokenness and now look how strong we are

Last edited by Vaskito; 23-01-20 at 11:40.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.