www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 04-09-20, 22:24   #1001
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile One last step :D

I have been improving all the levels, making all the adjustments listed before. Adding all the missing sounds was a pain, but it's now done. Adding music cues was super fun, it adds that extra emotion to the game.

All that's left now before i finally begin with lighting+texturing is adjusting the music and sounds volume!
Boy i'm NOT looking forward to the lighting part.

Obviously the level loading screens will have to wait until everything is detailed.
Old 04-09-20, 22:54   #1002
DaroRaider
Explorer

Thumbs up

I promised myself not to bump this thread up or ask "is it dead?" "any news to report?" so good job with the updates
But I check constantly about this while you take your time until the very awaited release.
The coronavirus is spreading all around my region and we are officially in the "peak" ", so while more levels are ready to played more fun to be at home!

Last edited by DaroRaider; 04-09-20 at 22:57.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 23:17   #1003
Danath
Archaeologist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
I promised myself not to bump this thread up or ask "is it dead?" "any news to report?" so good job with the updates
Thank you. I will edit first post with %'s when i begin doing the detail, so no need to further bump the thread.

Quote:
The coronavirus is spreading all around my region and we are officially in the "peak" ", so while more levels are ready to played more fun to be at home!
Oh crap, that's awful , i hope you and your family stay safe.
Old 05-09-20, 04:25   #1004
DaroRaider
Explorer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Oh crap, that's awful , i hope you and your family stay safe.
Thanks Jordi , it is what I want the most!
Old 07-09-20, 17:18   #1005
Danath
Archaeologist

Cool Reworked title screen :D

I'm not finished with volume editing yet, but i wanted to make something fun yesterday. So i redid the main menu screen for the game, looks infinitely better now in 1080p, thanks to TR2Main HD image support, PNG even!

It can look a bit stretched because the original concept art was 800x561 resolution, but i think it looks quite good.

Update: This is it now! The final step, detailing the levels can begin. The first thing is improving the looks on level 1 and 2.

Last edited by Danath; 08-09-20 at 23:32.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 00:25   #1006
Danath
Archaeologist

Exclamation New problem

These last few days i have been improving level 1, adding shadows to the streets.
What i did was select a direction for the sun ( in this case W on the editor ) and started adding shadows to the sides of the buildings that are the opposite direction. It was painful to make because of how crappy lighting is on Dxtre, but i have succeeded and now the level has much needed contrast. This process is now complete, not perfect but i'm satisfied enough.

But i have run into a roadblock now.
I'm trying to add static meshes to the original TRLE wads, for importing later into my TR2 level with TRViewer ( level needs to be in .tr4 format ).
I successfully added the new meshes into the .was with Wadmerger. But when i use the Level Converter and load the .was, it always crashes when clicking Build after it shows "Room Tex Infos" line on the right side. Already tried running it with admin rights, same. Compatibility with Vista and XP SP3, same crash. Tried with Catacombs.was, Settomb.was and Tut1.was, they save correctly in Wadmerger but crash when clicking Build on the Converter.

I installed the "Vista" version of the editor from tombraiderchronicles site, with Vista compatibility option, otherwise it wouldn't work ( i'm using Win10 v2004 ). Installed to "My Documents", into TRLE subfolder.

Has anyone run into this problem? There must be something i'm missing. Sorry but i'm totally new to TR4 editing.

------------------------------------
Edit: Sorry, i forgot to say that i'm trying to copy statics from BtB Greece to one of the original Wads.
Edit2: I successfully converted the settomb .was to .tr4, but i cannot see any new statics, only the original ones! What am i missing??
Edit3: Nevermind! I actually got the stupid thing to work this time. Instead of double-clicking the objects on the right side i pressed "Copy" each time...

Last edited by Danath; 15-09-20 at 22:17.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-20, 18:22   #1007
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile Level 1 finished!

Level 1 improvements are 100% done now. Static importing went great, i'm now using trees and grass from BtB Greece in the level and no issues whatsoever. Looks are greatly improved with the addition of shadowing to the streets.

Sky was made more vibrant, looks like midday now as intended.
And those street lamps from TR3 have their semitransparent glass intact, thanks to Arsunt's patch magic.
The park looks fantastic now:

Lastly, i made some custom textures to one of the buildings you enter:

There's one thing that kind of bothers me, though. I wanted to make some textures semitransparent, like window textures, but i don't understand the process. There are instructions on the .json file and examples, but i don't get it, i may ask Arsunt how that works. Not a big deal, but would be nice to have.

Level 2 should be very quick to improve, it needs mostly some new static decorations and some shadowing here and there.
Old 17-09-20, 19:08   #1008
DaroRaider
Explorer

Impressive Jordi, you are being perfectionist up to the last detail!
You are in the final laps of the race to the release!!
Old 17-09-20, 19:18   #1009
Topixtor
Historian

It looks like an entirely different level now! Good job
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-20, 21:52   #1010
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile

Quote:
Impressive Jordi, you are being perfectionist up to the last detail!
You are in the final laps of the race to the release!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
It looks like an entirely different level now! Good job
Thank you! The pain of adding shadows was worth it, i spent a few days on that.

Now i see that Sabatu has ended his 6-level TR2 game, and i'm still preparing to texture level 3 of 9.