www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 24-07-21, 14:19   #71
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoBroccoli View Post
Certainly isn't!
Just a heads up I've gone ahead and updated my vid description to include links to this thread so people can use yours instead. You've more than superseded what I did and afaic these fixes are essential.

Keep up the awesome work -_^
Thank you very much! It's an honour to have this project mentioned in your video description

Just so you know I'm still making good progress on the DRMs and I'm anticipating to be finished early into next week.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-21, 13:47   #72
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Exclamation

Finished ahead of schedule, it's been a productive day today

• 89 DRM files and 1 RAW file for Old Gen+
  • 23 DRM files for Additional outfits

From what I've read at https://github.com/TheIndra55/TRAE-menu-hook, the TRAE-menu-hook doesn't support the steam version of Legend exe yet, so for now use Gibbed unpacker. Place the DRM/RAW files in gibbed > bigfile_unpack > default > pc-w.
Old 31-07-21, 16:53   #73
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Changelog 2.04:

Imgur album

The Tokyo party guests needed some work done on their eyes and hair.

Also the Tokyo loading screen have a pink line which just looks out of place so I've removed it. There's no sign of the pink line when exploring Takamoto's roof garden, I've checked.

Unresolved issues:
  • The female party guest with a light pink dress have a hand texture on her back. I'm unable to fix it because the same texture is used by other female party guests in a correct way.
  • The female party guests in Extras/Object Models have a split down the middle of their face which is caused by conflict with the hair texture.

New DRM/RAW files:
  • female_tkparty_a.drm
  • male_tkparty_a.drm
  • mv_tok_femalea.drm
  • mv_tok_femaleb.drm
  • mv_tok_femalec.drm
  • mv_tok_maleb.drm
  • loading_tokyo_ws.raw

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 28-08-21 at 05:23.
Old 01-08-21, 18:20   #74
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Happy Legend Month y'all

Changelog 2.05:

Imgur album

Comparing the loading screens used for the extras section, it would seem the 4:3 version is clear and crisp whereas the 16:9 version is blurry. View both images below in full size to see what I mean.

I've pillarboxed the 4:3 version so it's now adapted to widescreen displays. This is the same method used for the Mission Prep fix.

The texture that gives the rolling orb its shine in the Japan level is broken in the object models section. The orb have separate DRMs for each the level and the object models, so I was able to change the latter without affecting the former.

The ghost transport truck in the object models section is now removed. The truck have separate DRMs as well for levels/object models so the same solution is applied here.

The latter two fixes are not included in the latest tpf file because the related textures are used during gameplay.

New DRM/RAW files:
  • concept_9_ws.raw
  • mv_flashback_truck.drm
  • mv_rb_tokyo_laserboulder.drm

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 02-08-21 at 16:16.
Old 01-08-21, 19:07   #75
UroshUchiha
Explorer

Do you even sleep I wonder. GOG should include these fixes in the game as a default I swear.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 06:13   #76
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Do you even sleep I wonder. GOG should include these fixes in the game as a default I swear.
Haha thanks, that's high praise indeed
Old 03-08-21, 12:04   #77
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Changelog 2.06:

Imgur album

Mercenary C (aka B) now have a face shield that protects him from covid but not Lara.

This was done by replacing the related texture with a larger version used by another mercenary model. I hope no one minds that the helmet is less blue.

This affects:
  • Merc C enemies in England
  • Merc C in England object models
  • Merc B in Nepal object models

The texture that gives the sea serpent eyes its shine is broken in object models so it's now made transparent. This is a DRM-only fix.

New DRM/RAW files:
  • male_smg_n_merc.drm
  • mv_cine_male_smg_n_merc.drm
  • mv_cine_male_smg_n_merc_snow.drm
  • mv_cine_seaserpent.drm

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 28-08-21 at 05:23.
Old 03-08-21, 21:56   #78
JOHN30011887
Student

Amazing job with the latest drm file additions

I was wondering, in the bolivia level there has been 2 texture bugs that are kind of annoying (to me at least), i dont know if its something that could be fixed, one is a texture flickering bug on the rocks in the distance, its like the next gens version rocks are flickering through the normal version or something as when i turn next gen on the flickering goes away, the other is the sky right behind you in the same area, its torn but also gets fixed with next gen

Heres two pics to show where im on about, i circled the rocks
https://i.imgur.com/TOG4MZs.png
https://i.imgur.com/0JOOPGV.png
Old 04-08-21, 07:16   #79
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
Amazing job with the latest drm file

I was wondering, in the bolivia level there has been 2 texture bugs that are kind of annoying (to me at least), i dont know if its something that could be fixed, one is a texture flickering bug on the rocks in the distance, its like the next gens version rocks are flickering through the normal version or something as when i turn next gen on the flickering goes away,
I've taken a look at the area from your picture and there's a texture that gives a dirt effect to other surfaces. The green colour is a demonstration where the texture is used, see the screenshot below.

The dirt effect texture can conflict with other textures it overlays when viewed from a distance. If I make the dirt texture transparent, the flickering goes away. In the two screenshots below, the left is vanilla and the right is after the dirt texture is made transparent. Look to Lara's feet to see the difference.

I hate trade-offs like these so I think the dirt effect should stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
the other is the sky right behind you in the same area, its torn but also gets fixed with next gen
That appears to be a texture conflict between plants and the animated mist. The second screenshot shows where the plants are after backtracking a little.

I could remove either the mist or the plants... perish the thought

Since Lara should really be moving forward by this point I think it's easier to ignore. Sorry I'm not able to address either of your two issues. BTW I do appreciate suggestions on ways to improve Legend, so thank you John.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 04-08-21 at 07:28.
Old 04-08-21, 08:40   #80
MachoBroccoli
Hobbyist

There's also a flickering texture issue at the beginning of Bolivia on the ledge, and also a massive one in Ghana that I tried to solve but couldn't without messing up other textures as well.

Also the PDA in Old Gen mode for some reason uses the screen texture for the entire edge of the PDA

Last edited by MachoBroccoli; 04-08-21 at 08:51.
MachoBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote