Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-04-12, 09:57   #21
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony 101 View Post
I myself, had nothing at all against Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness. It was by far the my most favorite TR game made by Core;apart from Tomb Raider 1. It had a great storyline, great music, and she is finally in a city! Not in jungles, but in a actual city! I have nothing against the other games either, but in Angel Of Darkness, the Ghetto in one of the levels, was actually quite fun to do. It is pretty fun to be in a city.
I had no problem with the graphics. I am used to them, the glitches i find humorous, and the slowness of it I do not mind at all. I do not really get why people do not like Angel Of Darkness. I mean, no, it may not have a great plot like the other ones in the past did, or if it did not completely look like the actual Lara Croft; but from the Imperfections, it is actually a really fun game to play. I had heck of a fun time exploring all the levels, i occasionally threw the controller in frustration, but I still played it anyway.
Kurtis DID come out of nowhere, but he was fun to use too! It would be amazing to see him brought back into the Reboot, along with more plot with the nephilim stuff, too.
In conclusion, AOD was not a bad game at all, people in my opinion are over exaggerating about it, thinking it was stupid because of small things, or glitches and such. I think it should have a sequel, and I am sure if there was, there would be alot of AOD lovers out there who would be sitting on the couch and playing it through the end.
Sorry if i offended anyone, but I feel strongly about all the games, and had no severe problems with any of them.
Any other AOD fans out there who feel the same?
Welcome to the family. AoD was also my favorite.

I wish that the companies would have split and instead of them working on other things other than Tomb Raider, CORE and Crystal Dynamics could have been working on their prospective versions of Tomb Raider. I would rather have played the CORE version. But honestly, Angel of Darkness, that game was really fun.

There are so many petitions from fans I had just started reading the other day. I wonder if they were all just completely ignored.

Anyway, I've come to accept it's ultimate demise. It's a beautiful ending to a great franchise.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 10:06   #22
ajrich17901

I've given up on any hope of a proper continuation, I'm just gonna enjoy the first and last game of the trilogy for what it is. And just like many others it is my all time favorite in the series and probably will always be my favorite for multiple reasons.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 10:09   #23
Anja

The game won't be continued..i would love that to happen but it just wont.It was my faveourite TR game and probably even favorite video game.Although there's a TRLE project for a AOD sequal that looks promising
Anja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 15:39   #24
Tony 101

Yeah. I wish so. But I have never known so many people hated this game. I haven't learned of all this until like...after I played the game and I got the internet.
Tony 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 15:42   #25
Seth94

As much as I'd like a sequel, it's never going to happen. And if it did, I wouldn't want Crystal Dynamics making the sequel.
Seth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 16:00   #26
Miharu

I loved AOD and I thought the story for AOD was the best out of any TR game, it seems like CORE really put effort into the mythology surrounding the obscura paintings etc. and I too loved the cities, TR2-TR3 definitely felt more urban but in AOD even though you were in a city it still felt like you were in a place surrounded by history.
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 16:10   #27
JsotoTRSaga

For some odd reason My 2 Favorite games of the entire Tomb Raider Series are Angel of Darkness and Tomb Raider Underworld. And funny thing is that most of the People round here hate those 2 games implying they are ''Glitchy'' and ''Unfinished'' which is True in AOD's case but even with it's flaws i really enjoyed Angel of Darkness and when i replay all of the Tomb Raider games in order I never skip AOD and as a matter of fact i have more fun replaying AOD and TRU than any other TR Game. If AOD had a sequel it could have been great, because perhaps today we might be still playing with Emo Lara and Dual wielding Vector R35 but it will never happen now :/ it's too Late for that.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 16:28   #28
SorasDestiny

I too love Angel of Darkness. Its one of my favourites. That said, when I saw the title of this thread, I sighed. The amount of threads regarding a sequel to AoD that I've come across. There really is no point wishing and hoping as it will never happen as the series has moved on. All I'm personally hoping for is that AoD makes it onto PSN as a PS2 classic because even though so say it was terrible, it sold millions and I'd regard it as a classic.
SorasDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 16:43   #29
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
For some odd reason My 2 Favorite games of the entire Tomb Raider Series are Angel of Darkness and Tomb Raider Underworld. And funny thing is that most of the People round here hate those 2 games implying they are ''Glitchy'' and ''Unfinished'' which is True in AOD's case but even with it's flaws i really enjoyed Angel of Darkness and when i replay all of the Tomb Raider games in order I never skip AOD and as a matter of fact i have more fun replaying AOD and TRU than any other TR Game. If AOD had a sequel it could have been great, because perhaps today we might be still playing with Emo Lara and Dual wielding Vector R35 but it will never happen now :/ it's too Late for that.
Me too!

I guess we're friends now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony 101 View Post
Yeah. I wish so. But I have never known so many people hated this game. I haven't learned of all this until like...after I played the game and I got the internet.
Me too!

I just want to shake all your hands.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 16:52   #30
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
Me too!

I guess we're friends now.

Me too!

I just want to shake all your hands.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote