Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 08-12-15, 14:04   #11
Shark_Blade

I've started a new regime now - twice of marathon/treadmill a day at the gym.

I usually do it during lunch hour and evening/night. I sweated so much, but damn it feels so good afterwards.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-16, 19:45   #12
Zsott

Well, this is an interesting topic!

In my case, there's two options:
9 am - 5 pm

Doing excercises, like streching, cycling, hiking, ping-pong, football and so on.
Well, that's my job, to do sports with handicap people. (mental and physical either)

The another option is, what am I doing for myself:

running (more like jogging between Monday and Friday) around 5km
cycling 60km
archery

(My problem is, even if I am not overweight or something, I can see some plus on me.) Another people says, that's perfectly fine for a boy (more like young man, in my age.
So, I just don't know, what should I do...to be...thinner. (I red a lot about it, but all of them needs a gym and I don't have a possibility for that, since I live in the middle of nowhere...)
Anyway, if you have an advice, I'll look after it.

Last edited by Zsott; 19-01-16 at 19:46.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-16, 19:50   #13
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Well, this is an interesting topic!

In my case, there's two options:
9 am - 5 pm

Doing excercises, like streching, cycling, hiking, ping-pong, football and so on.
Well, that's my job, to do sports with handicap people. (mental and physical either)

The another option is, what am I doing for myself:

running (more like jogging between Monday and Friday) around 5km
cycling 60km
archery

(My problem is, even if I am not overweight or something, I can see some plus on me.) Another people says, that's perfectly fine for a boy (more like young man, in my age.
So, I just don't know, what should I do...to be...thinner. (I red a lot about it, but all of them needs a gym and I don't have a possibility for that, since I live in the middle of nowhere...)
Anyway, if you have an advice, I'll look after it.
If you feel that you're getting enough exercise and doing that right, maybe the results you're looking for will be found in changing your diet a bit. Do you eat healthy? Lots of protein to build muscle?
I am by no means an expert in this sort of area but just a thought.
Good luck!
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-16, 19:56   #14
Zsott

^well...my diet..isn't exist.

first of all, on workdays, I eat at my workplace. (wich makes good food, and always changing, in a healthy way.)

On week-ends mostly some pasta, and salads. (or fish)
What I know surely about it, it's not unhealthy, but not so much to build muscles. (at leats it keeps a level)

And thank you!
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 14:18   #15
Nausinous

I started weightlifting about 2 years ago and it's drastically changed my life for the better, can't recommend it enough. You just find a workout online, like on bodybuilding.com for example, they do beginner workouts, just take your self to the gym and just follow the exercises with light weights. Find out what you can lift, get the form down right, and just keep going. When I initially went I had anxiety that everyone was watching me and judging me, but over time that passes and you just get in the 'zone'. My main aim is to just get the muscle tone of some of my favourite heros.

Edit: And as for diet, that's the most difficult thing to sort out, you got to be prepared to cut out sugar, and start counting your calories and protein. A lot of my meals are still fun, I have like 4 vegan burgers in a sitting, or tacos, chilli and stuff. Just got to make sure you're cutting out the crap, and putting in the right stuff. If anyone wants any advice, I'm happy to help.

Last edited by Nausinous; 02-05-16 at 14:20.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 15:09   #16
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
My main aim is to just get the muscle tone of some of my favourite heros.
Same here!

My favourite hero is this guy, so I still have some work left to put it mildly:

Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 19:28   #17
Nausinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Same here!

My favourite hero is this guy, so I still have some work left to put it mildly:

Excuse the peacocking I still have so far to go, and just like every other guy I suffer from some degree of body dysmorphia, I still feel so scrawny. Like my arms man, I want guns so bad.

Last edited by Nausinous; 02-05-16 at 19:29.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-16, 20:23   #18
moodydog

Hey guys, Cardio advice.

Just been on the running machine at my gym. My general routine is 20 minutes of running.

For the first 10 minutes, it is 1 min of 12 kmph, followed by 30 secs of 10kmph. For the remaining 10 minutes, 30 secs of blasting out 16 kmph, 30 secs of 12kmph.

A few days ago, it absolutely killed me, and towards the end, I found myself taking breaks to drink water and get my fatigue back up. In the last 5-6 minutes, I found that I couldn't possible get to 16kmph without wanting to pass out, and then went from 16 kmph to about 7 or 8 kmph for about a minute or two, and then I gave up on the final 2 and half minutes.

The next time was a little better, more consistent, except in the last 5 minutes, I took it up to about 14 kmph instead of 16 kmph, and back down to about 11.

Today, I did it perfectly. Not only that, rather than going back down to 12 from 16, I slowly lowered it so I was running at 14, then 13 than gradually back down to 12, and then immediately back up to 16 at the end of the half minute. I didn't feel particularly out of breath and I didn't take any breaks. I also kept within the time frame. On the last sprint, I pushed it to 17, and then gradually lowered it back down. It felt like my fitness was at a substantially higher level.

So the next time I go, my question is...

How do I improve this further? What is the best technique.

Should I keep to 20 minutes, except increase each speed by one (so max will now be 17 kmph, jog pace will be 11, and 3/4 will be 13).

Or should I keep to the same speed, but increase the time, so I am doing more 30 second sprints.

Or should I keep the time, keep the speed, but instead of doing 30 second sprints, I am doing 45 secs to 60 secs sprint.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-16, 20:51   #19
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I think we need a little startup.

Post any kind ofexercise or active actions you've done - whether cycling, running marathon, sports, swimming, climbing mountains, or even simple stuff like going up a set of stairs or walking your pet around your neighbourhood.
Getting up from my bed every morning.

Just kidding
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-16, 01:41   #20
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
Getting up from my bed every morning.

Just kidding
Okay no but really

this is a freaking mental & emotional climb

oh my gaaaawd.

I've been swimming a lot lately because it's nice out and I have a pool. I am THANKING GED for there being more entertaining forms of physical exercise. I always pretend I'm Lara swimming in a neat little pool in TR2.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote