Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 26-05-20, 06:11   #1
Mokono

Talking Roma rimasterizzata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
Do you know how dissapointed i was when TRC took me to a worse decorated Rome than any TRTLR level? (...)
It bothered me in the year 2000, it bothered me in 2009 and it still bothers me now. I couldn't take it anymore, so i decided to do something about it. Welcome to the new Rome:

Coming soon...

Credits:
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-20, 01:50   #2
Mokono

Default Demo release

Known bugs:
  • The husk of the second dove switch doesn't break. This is a common occurrence according to mizuno_suisei.
  • Rain doesn't fall evenly in some outdoor rooms. Apparently this happens when the room in question doesn't meet certain properties. Interestingly enough, TRNG has similar requirements:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
(...)
- Texture at least one room surface element with the tiny black square in the room. (But you don’t need Horizon or Layer script entries or triggers, or HORIZON in your WAD.)
- The room should have at least 10-12 clicks height (or a bit more than that, instead).
- It always “starts raining/snowing” from the ceiling of the rainy/snowy room. Lara’s eye level should be lower by minimum 8-10 clicks than those starting points.
- At least one horizontal or one vertical portal (door) must be in the POV of the actual camera – even if that door is textured by Toggle Opacity or Toggle Opacity 2 method or is far away, behind the end of the visual range. (This problem exists only at snow.)
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-20, 23:43   #3
mizuno_suisei

This is, super cool ��

I do want to backtrack for a moment however to the 2nd bird statue. Yeah this little bugger likes to glitch up when we edit Andrea1.trc with modding tools.

That's not the only problem though- fexinspect etc likes to invalidate flipmap triggers in TR5!

Still speaking on Andrea1, even if you manage to bypass the glitched bird statue and still open the door to obtain the Saturn Symbol - nothing happens after you pick it up and exit back outside- because the cutscene trigger is in a flipmap room triggered by picking up Saturn D:

This also affects Joby2.trc - the base - when Lara takes control of the mechanical claw - the resulting room will not be open. Flipmap miss! Nowhere going.

A little later in the level even, when you use the Fuse to move the crane to jump onto the U-boat. The new "room" with the new crane position, also containing the cutscene trigger, doesn't happen!

A very kind member here about a year ago here kindly took an example and amended a hex value in my edited Andrea1.trc to reenable that end of level fliproom (post fexmergered edited) - which worked flawlessly - and has now helped make sense of what goes wrong.

Fexmerger/FexinspectSK/PixSTR22 do not like TR5 FLIPMAP triggers. At all.

Hah.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-20, 23:47   #4
mizuno_suisei

Until these modding tools get a TR5 compatibility update - not sure how else to avoid it - I'll look back at my messages to see if that person who helped me, left the referring offending values.

For cutscene purposes only - which can be really good depending on why you're playing it - I just use Scripter4 to force Andrea1.trc to play Cutscene ID #(?) at the beginning of the level - thereby bypassing the need to play andrea1 at all and avoid all those now invalid flipmaps.

? being whatever ID the Larson Pierre Lara cutscene is according to sappers TR4 and TR5 cutscenes extracts on trsearch.org. you can do this in scripter4 for any level in TR4 and 5 - force a cutscene to play at your own will when a level begins.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote