Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-02-20, 16:12   #1
larafan25

Arrow What games would you like to see more of?

What types of games would you like to see more of? Mechanics, stories, etc... Anything.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 16:46   #2
Cat Woman

I like a third person game, with a story of some sort that you follow and/or figure out. I’m not into just killing random people, etc. I don’t mind a mystery game - but get stuck sometimes on where to go next, etc. Action games are okay (i.e. 007 games) where you have a game plan. Do get frustrated on some of those timed areas that you do over and over again before you can go further in the game.

I actually tell the associate that I want a game similar to the Tomb Raider games.

Just got Man of Medan - hope I like it. Looks like some areas are underwater- works for me since I’m a scuba diver.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 17:44   #3
paulojr_mam

Firstly, the obvious: more games like the classic TRs. Then, I'd also like more survival horror games that try to evolve that old formula, like Eternal Darkness and Until Dawn. I'd also like more pure 3D platformers like 3D Super Mario and more Zelda clones (especially dark ones). And more action RPGs that stray from the usual like Parasite Eve which was set in our modern world.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 04:00   #4
Lord Lulu

I miss the old style Command and Conquer games. Back in the day those kinds of RTS games were the ones I played the most. Not sure if there is any modern equivalent. As far as I know they had been working on a Command and Conquer remaster. Will have to see if there is any updates on it.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 04:57   #5
HarleyCroft

Sneaky murder simulators like Manhunt. So exciting that hiding from the prey makes me need to pee!
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 14:54   #6
thabani33

Pure Single Player Games with complete story, no DLC story chapters after release (save that for a sequel), no microtransactions, loot boxes or surprise mechanics. Thanks.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 16:43   #7
SnatchingEdges

-Choose battle or stealth games like Dishonored.

-Living simulators that allow us to raise kids/establish relationships with npcs while doing other tasks like The Sims (waiting for Paralives), Stardew Valley...

-Games based on the 20s, Victorian era or Ancient Greece.

-Games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Jedi Fallen Order, but with deeper level design and actual challenging puzzles.

-RPG or similar with multiple endings and choices like Mass Effect. Dragon Age...

-Oh, and creative, multiplayer games like Dreams, Mario Maker...

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 12-02-20 at 16:45.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 17:42   #8
paulojr_mam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
-RPG or similar with multiple endings and choices like Mass Effect. Dragon Age...
Oh, that too, especially now that Bioware is in a sorry state. And I think that style didn't reach its full potential.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 18:17   #9
SnatchingEdges

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Oh, that too, especially now that Bioware is in a sorry state. And I think that style didn't reach its full potential.
In my experience, Dragon Age Origins is the one with more potential even nowdays. I've never been so invested in a game before, they truly made me believe I was a ward and I had to create relationships with different leaders to help me in the last battle. I felt as if I was in the game I want another experience like that, maybe the closest one was Detroit but that's a different genre, so...

__

-And I forgot: Turn based JRPGs that are not too anime-y.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 12-02-20 at 18:19.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 20:44   #10
Grizzly Bear

I would like to see more survival horror games.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote