www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 04-04-20, 23:39   #11
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

I think you're spot on there about the missing artefact

Considering All Hallows is a bonus, it wasnt designed to have the artifacts in stow. Deleting those inventory objects made a HUGE difference for the devs back in 1999 for "not going over the limit risks"..I'm actually surprised 3/4 are present, it should technically be none if they wanted to conserve all that free space.

If a level is missing an inventory item, but still has the slot, you need to use a cool little tool named Fexmerger. Open your target level as the one missing items. In Source, choose a level file that has all the artifacts (eg. Any Antarctica level). Scroll through the source level list to find those 4 artifacts amongst her inventory items, click their 4 checkboxes and click MERGE to move them over to (All Hallows) for example.

Save your target.

If you now load All Hallows and edit a savegame to add those artifacts, they will now all show physically in the inventory.
Old 04-04-20, 23:42   #12
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

What I just explained is unrelated to tombpceditor or script.dat
By the way.

Any physical object you see in a level is not scripted, it's a base level object (that can alot of the time be missing). Think of it as all text elements are in script.dat, physical elements are per .phd files for TR1, or .tr2 files for tr2 and 3.
Old 14-04-20, 08:41   #13
jcdbm
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I think you're spot on there about the missing artefact

Considering All Hallows is a bonus, it wasnt designed to have the artifacts in stow. Deleting those inventory objects made a HUGE difference for the devs back in 1999 for "not going over the limit risks"..I'm actually surprised 3/4 are present, it should technically be none if they wanted to conserve all that free space.

If a level is missing an inventory item, but still has the slot, you need to use a cool little tool named Fexmerger. Open your target level as the one missing items. In Source, choose a level file that has all the artifacts (eg. Any Antarctica level). Scroll through the source level list to find those 4 artifacts amongst her inventory items, click their 4 checkboxes and click MERGE to move them over to (All Hallows) for example.

Save your target.

If you now load All Hallows and edit a savegame to add those artifacts, they will now all show physically in the inventory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
What I just explained is unrelated to tombpceditor or script.dat
By the way.

Any physical object you see in a level is not scripted, it's a base level object (that can alot of the time be missing). Think of it as all text elements are in script.dat, physical elements are per .phd files for TR1, or .tr2 files for tr2 and 3.
I forgot to check and reply to this thread, but I actually ended up using Sardoc's Ultimate TR3 Patch as a base file to edit, and used TombPCEditor to change around some strings. I think this patch has the graphics added in for All Hallows and such, and many other things I missed or were not aware of. I will refer back to these posts if necessary of course.

Due to your help so far, I was able to achieve these level-selectable results and I am extremely satisfied:

TR2 with demos disabled and their entries removed

TR2GM with that capitalization fixed, the capitalized "In" bugged me greatly

TR3 with similar string edits, work in progress

TR3TLA

TR4 with the extraneous but unremovable entries blanked out, and a lot of strings edited

TR5 with string edits, work in progress

While these must be unimpressive to seasoned veterans, I am just really happy that I can have the classic TR games with presentable level selections. Once again, thank you! This really is much better than the original Save File concept I was originally going for. All that is left is for level select screens for TR1 and UB but I have a feeling that I will have to wait a while for the bright minds working on that problem to find the way.

Last edited by jcdbm; 14-04-20 at 09:30.
jcdbm is offline   Reply With Quote