Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 28-07-19, 11:34   #1
Caesum

Default Tomb Raider the Dark Renaissance assets

Hello, below is the link to the Github Repository with nearly everything that was made for a cancelled TRAOD project, Tomb Raider the Dark Renaissance. You can use all of the assets provided here. Just remember to credit people who worked on the project.

The repository contains everything needed to run the game, so once you download it (there's a false positive tomb4.exe btw) you can "play" it.

This repository contains:
  • PRJ2 levels created using Tomb Editor
  • WAD and WAD2 files containing all the objects ever used within the project
  • Entire SCRIPT with all gameplay functionality ever created for TDR
  • Joey's WIP animations (you should probably wait till he releases a complete version though)
  • AODFan's plugin to fix widescreen issues
  • Mrshina's AOD Lara and Kurits outfits (incomplete)
  • Custom geometry made with 3ds max/blender, for use with TE
  • Probably more but I forgot what exactly

WARNING: Some of the plugins (mainly AODFan's and Krystian's) were made specifically for TDR and they were in highly experimental state when the game was cancelled. Please do not use them in your project as they might most likely produce issues. If you really want to use those plugins, ask their creators for permission first. Most likely they already have an updated/better version anyway.

CREDITS: Caesum, Dale, Krystian, Joey, Adam Khuverr, thomaskobialka, Mrshina, Lore, AODFan, tomblover, LevelNextGen and probably more. The project had so many people joining and leaving it is hard to track them all. If you were in the team and saw your asset in the repository, let me know and I will add you to credits.

IMPORTANT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I want to insist on something I feel is very important: if you use some existing setup from the game and improve it, then: please share, don't keep it to yourself. Since we shared our setups and assets and it's your basis, it's only fair that you share your version with other people as well. Thank you.
Also a simple request - if you are going to encrypt your levels, then please do not use this project.
We don't agree with encryption for many reasons, but to sum it up: when making your game, you're using software, assets, tutorials, advices, etc... which are all community effort. Community effort is what kept Tomb Raider level editing going after 20 years.
This project is following the same spirit. If you want to encrypt your levels, well it's your choice, but then ask you to not use any of our stuff in it unless one of the authors specifically agrees to use his/her assets. Thank you.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD:
You can try downloading it through the site as a zip file, but this might result in some problems with WADs. Instead, it is best to download it through a git manager like Github Desktop.

EDIT: Thomas Kobialka has released his part of the soundtrack. You can here it on youtube:

Last edited by Caesum; 06-06-21 at 17:23.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 11:46   #2
tomblover

Here's this, too - I scrounged up the design documents I still had for the plot and storyline, all penned by me and informed by the rest of the team. They're various stages of incomplete drafts, but just in case anyone would find use for them:

https://filebin.net/nn5s846iqkf7vnkz...zip?t=gfdqngzs

More to come. x

Last edited by tomblover; 28-07-19 at 11:51.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 11:55   #3
Caesum

^ I can add them to the repo if you want.

EDIT: They're on repo now in Narrative folder.

Last edited by Caesum; 28-07-19 at 12:03.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 12:01   #4
tomblover

If you would like to, go ahead! I tried getting in touch with you earlier today, about it - but I was a little too late.

In the spirit of the rest of this, I want them to be available to the public though, so either way, there they are!
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 12:15   #5
SrDanielPonces

Very nice to see joey's AoD animations were released!
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 12:16   #6
Die Basis

Wow, just opened the seveal levels, they looked awesome. Would have been a great game.

Why was it cancelled? Didn't even know that something like this was going on in the Level World.

Was it called "The lost Dominion" in the beginning?

But, anyway, this very generous of you people to give away your heart work (animations, objects, etc.) to the builders.
Die Basis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 13:31   #7
DJ Full

This is so bittersweet. Why everything related to AOD is cursed...
However the contribution is priceless and highly, highly appreciated.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 13:37   #8
klona
Golden

That's another aod project dead...
depressing
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 13:43   #9
SrDanielPonces

I'm in love with this cutscene

SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 14:52   #10
-Roli-

Is it Christmas today or what? Thank YOU so much for this!

Quick question: is it possible to open those WADs via Wadmerger? (Very curious about the LARA object + outfit )

Last edited by -Roli-; 28-07-19 at 14:57.
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote