www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-07-19, 17:24   #61
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Not in this dlc, and not even a tease. I don't want them teased again to be completely absent in the next game again. If they bring them back it should be a new game so the game will sell well
Old 19-07-19, 17:32   #62
johnanonymouz
Professor

yes because it will sell cause the duals are back lol
Old 24-07-19, 15:25   #63
Orimus
Historian

I wouldn't mind seeing her toying around with them in a DLC. However, I think that picking up the duals as a mainstay should be handled in the prologue of the next main title.
Orimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 18:12   #64
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

"We need a huge moment for them to be back so no". Have any of y'all played TR2013? That moment has been and gone, CD made a huge mistake not including them in Rise.

I no longer care for a "huge, impactful moment". We have had a lot of those in the trilogy and a good chunk of them amounted to nothing when we really come down to it.

An obscure DLC of the third game might not be the best way to re-introduce them, but the best way has already been done. Might as well just throw them in the game, Lara's coming of age story has already been butchered and mishandled, why bother trying to salvage it? No matter how much you polish and perfume it, a pile of turd is still a pile of turd.
Old 24-07-19, 18:15   #65
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Maybe that's why the dlc is taking so long. They are scrubbing the duals because some of y'all can't get on board with them.
Old 24-07-19, 18:59   #66
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
"We need a huge moment for them to be back so no". Have any of y'all played TR2013? That moment has been and gone, CD made a huge mistake not including them in Rise.
Exactly. I see people say it’d be a “like a slap in the face” or “disrespectful” to include them in a final DLC, but wouldn’t that be excluding them completely instead? They don’t need a huge, painstakingly crafted moment at this point - just put them in and that in itself would speak volumes.
Old 24-07-19, 19:06   #67
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I do think the duals are worthy of a big, impactful moment actually, I just think there we don't need another one. Not only would it look a little sillier but how do you trump the emotional baggage it had in TR2013? The first man she enjoyed killing was Mathias (info from the comics), and she did so using the guns of her mentor, which was killed by Mathias himself. And she used it in a really intense and upclose encounter that was severely emotional for her. It was also a great way to end her first adventure.

There is no way they can come up with something that has more poetic justice or works as well in the narrative as this.

Not having the duals in Rise is a huge mistake they did, and I'll bitch about this till the day I die.
Old 24-07-19, 19:38   #68
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Not having the duals in Rise is a huge mistake they did, and I'll bitch about this till the day I die.
It’s definitely why we’re in this awkward limbo of not knowing whether Lara needs another “moment” with the pistols before she starts using them, which would be redundant like you explained, but then why else, in-universe, has she not continued using them unless she had reservations about it?

At best, maybe they could’ve had her face her guilt with killing by confronting her doppelgänger like in the DLC, just as part of the main story. The pieces are already there; Lara finds a single pistol in her hand after dragging her from the ground, who emerges holding the other, and the scene ends with Lara wrestling it from her hands, which would’ve left her with two... Apart from adding a boss fight with her and reworking the dialogue, I think that might’ve worked as is. Oh, and having the grave be Roth’s rather than Jonah’s would make more sense.

Now that I think about it, I might’ve been okay with Lara losing all of her equipment at the start of Rise if the only thing that remained were the duals - that could’ve been a powerful symbol of how far she’s come, that she isn’t starting from scratch internally or outwardly, and it would just look right.

At the end of the day, both games missed their opportunity, but I don’t think they should just be ignored because of that.
Old 24-07-19, 19:48   #69
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Idk. On one hand, it’s true that the moment for them passed long ago (sadly), but I still feel like it could be weird them just suddenly showing up in a little DLC. In a main game, it might be a bit more grand and impactful.

At the same time, however, this DLC, mostly because of how small it is, could be the one chance they get at giving the duals the introduction they want. Free of higher-ups messing with it.

Either way, if we get them, and get to use them at that, I won’t complain. I’ve waited for their return for a while, and it’ll be nice to see the babies return to their mother lol.

Last edited by NoahCrofRaider; 24-07-19 at 19:49.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote