www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 14-08-19, 15:20   #6301
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
IIRC, all environments were basically done (bar minor things here and there, maybe) except for Croft Manor and the last level (the bonus ending level that wasn't in TR1). I believe enemies were only implemented in Peru (though their AI presumably wasn't finished, either) and no enemies beyond Greece were modelled and/or animated. I don't know how far along the puzzles and traps were or how many of the cutscenes were "done" (I say "done" because no VO was ever recorded so they would be without sound in any case). The save system wasn't decided on or implemented yet from what I've read, not sure about the secrets system (I don't even know if it would've been the same as in TR1 or different). Obviously, there was no music yet (not sure if the placeholder SFX we hear in the trailers were actually implemented in the game or just added in the trailers via video editing software). AFAIK, we also don't know whether any of the characters besides Lara and Larson had been modelled.
There's some document on Ash website that says the secret system was reworked A LOT, and seemed very huge. Very different from the original one, but can't remember exactly...

It would be great to have a playable version of what have been done ! Even if it's a walk in the park without traps or ennemies.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 15:57   #6302
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

I'm awaiting for an email response and have been told it may be sometime September. I know Ash previously stated August in this thread but they're really busy working on TRDAS at this point in time.

Cheers.
Old 15-08-19, 01:08   #6303
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

This was originally going to be for PSP though in my opinion the graphics and capabilities the PSP could execute worked really well to how Core Design developed their levels in the older style and I think it would have been a big success if it was ever completed as the atmosphere it gave off felt more that of the classic genre but a refreshing quality upgrade to the scenery itself compared to that what Anniversary ever achieved as it never really felt like Tomb Raider 1 in my opinion.

Since losing hope in recent Tomb Raider releases, i'm more than willing to wait as long as it takes for the reply via email to come and if anything can come to fruition, it will be a great nostalgic trip to be able to play something that shows to be as faithful as it can towards the classic games, while giving a new kind of experience that fans wanted in a proper remake and i'd even gladly pay equal to that what they charge for Shadow of the Tomb Raider on a hopeful project like this that can keep true Tomb Raider going forever.
Old 15-08-19, 09:58   #6304
_Seth
Archaeologist

The idea of TRAE being playable, therefore providing a 7th Core Design TR surges my veins with adrenaline! If it comes to fruition I will definitely need a defibrillator on standby!
Old 16-08-19, 21:04   #6305
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Who's Melissa?
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 22:06   #6306
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Who's Melissa?
Melissa was supposed to be a playable character in multiplayer mode. Once you finished the game, you could also play as her in the main game. She was Lara's younger cousin.

Though her character model is horrible and has nothing to do with Lara at all.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 00:19   #6307
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Melissa was supposed to be a playable character in multiplayer mode. Once you finished the game, you could also play as her in the main game. She was Lara's younger cousin.

Though her character model is horrible and has nothing to do with Lara at all.
Actually, considering her model was a little strange, Melissa never went to waste and one of her designed was re-used for Legend, as Amanda.
Old 17-08-19, 00:25   #6308
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
Actually, considering her model was a little strange, Melissa never went to waste and one of her designed was re-used for Legend, as Amanda.
Do you have confirmation of this? I've seen the Amanda-looking art but never seen any information about them, especially nothing about her being a Core invention later used by Crystal. I just assumed she was an idea for the multiplayer character when they were told to make it more like legend.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 00:33   #6309
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Do you have confirmation of this? I've seen the Amanda-looking art but never seen any information about them, especially nothing about her being a Core invention later used by Crystal. I just assumed she was an idea for the multiplayer character when they were told to make it more like legend.
Here we go, bottom left picture, you can tell due to the likeness with tattoos and hairstyle, the only thing that changed was the outfit.

Last edited by tlr online; 17-08-19 at 14:11. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 00:56   #6310
Boobandie

Thanks, but Iwasn't debating that Core drew Amanda concepts. I'm questioning your assertion that this was before Crystal came up with her.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote