www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 25-03-18, 09:27   #1
TR1249
Archaeologist

Default General TR4 Thread

Not sure if this thread makes sense, but finishing it again yesterday, I didn't find a proper place to discuss this masterpiece. Hope a thread like this doesn't exist

Quote:
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation is the fourth instalment in the Tomb Raider video game series. It was developed by Core Design and published by Eidos Interactive. It was released on PlayStation, Microsoft Windows and on the Dreamcast with exclusive graphical and sound enhancements. The game was a commercial success, selling 5 million copies worldwide, and was the last Tomb Raider game released on "Greatest Hits".
Quote:
According to Egyptian legend, Horus, son of the light, outwitted the evil God Set and imprisoned him in a secret tomb. Five thousand years later, Lara Croft discovers the lost tomb and unwittingly unleashes the evil God Set, fulfilling the ancient prophecy of his return to plunge mankind into darkness! In a race against time, Lara must use all her wit and skill to re-imprison Set and save the world from Armageddon. Pursued at every turn by her arch-rival, the unscrupulous archaeologist Werner Von Croy, Lara embarks on a journey of discovery across Egypt, where she must overcome the most ingenious puzzles and infernal traps ever devised, and face terrifying evil from beyond the grave... With more twists and turns than an Egyptian labyrinth, this is heart stopping action-adventure; a Tomb Raider that truly offers... The Last Revelation.
https://i.imgur.com/CXnKG4d.jpg
My final statistics Crazy that I remember 65 secrets, but not stuff I need to know for school
Old 25-03-18, 23:18   #2
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

The . Absolute . Best . GAME . of . ALL . Time <3 this game will live on forever in my heart , it's the game that introduced me to this awesome franchise , played it first around 2003 and it took me a total of 9 months to finish which were some months of the best in my life . Gah , so many memories ! I'll never forget the chill of amazement when I first stepped in that spacious cave in Burial Chambers , or the excitement of driving the jeep through the Egyptian desert , battling foes on top of a train , the shiver of awe upon entering the Lost Library's main hall , or Cleopatra's Palaces fountain hall , absorbing the intense and masterfully-done post-apocalyptic atmosphere of Cairo and platforming around the pyramids of Giza ! and so on and so on Amazing story , perfect Lara Croft , and such a unique ending , Whoah ! .

I have to say that I've only found like 55 secrets during my first playthrough , in subsequent ones I managed to find them all except that one linked with saving that guard in Menkure's Pyramid but c'mon , how on earth am I supposed to figure that out by myself ?

Last edited by Patrick star; 25-03-18 at 23:27.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-18, 13:21   #3
Famicom
Historian

My favourite Tomb Raider game of all time.... after Tomb Raider 1, that is

Probably because it's the most similar to TR1 in every way. Loved it back in the day, love it now.
Old 26-03-18, 14:41   #4
Lillie
Explorer

TR4 is like my favorite TR game.. either TR4 or Anniversary, I cannot decide. I love everything about it.. the music, the atmoshpere, the beautiful and complex level design, the hubs, the enemies, secret system, the colors, the more serious story and the best puzzles of the saga.
Old 26-03-18, 15:15   #5
Famicom
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
TR4 is like my favorite TR game.. either TR4 or Anniversary, I cannot decide. I love everything about it.. the music, the atmoshpere, the beautiful and complex level design, the hubs, the enemies, secret system, the colors, the more serious story and the best puzzles of the saga.
Fancy a senet match?
Old 26-03-18, 19:35   #6
Lillie
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famicom View Post
Fancy a senet match?
Any day
Old 26-03-18, 23:26   #7
GameGlitcher77
Professor

Cool .....

The whole Alexandria section is my favorite as a whole, starting with Desert Railroad...
Old 27-03-18, 00:53   #8
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

I love the desert Railroad section and all of Alexandria however I commonly stop playing when I get to Cairo since it is just so boring and LOOOOONNNGGG
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-18, 01:23   #9
GameGlitcher77
Professor

Question Map??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I love the desert Railroad section and all of Alexandria however I commonly stop playing when I get to Cairo since it is just so boring and LOOOOONNNGGG
Anyone notice the "Map" Easter Egg in 'Guardian of Semerhket'?? It's a nice foreshadowing to the later levels.
Old 27-03-18, 01:34   #10
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGlitcher77 View Post
Anyone notice the "Map" Easter Egg in 'Guardian of Semerhket'?? It's a nice foreshadowing to the later levels.
??? Can you explain?
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote