www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 31-03-18, 02:23   #11
jhons0529
Historian

I'll be negative if I want
But I'm actually interested in Shadow. The fact it actually seems to be using colours now is a big +.

Even though I don't like this era at all I do find the idea that they're using more colour per entry somewhat interesting. I don't think it was worth it and should have been saved for the covers only or a theme put more to the side and the games look very bland but I think in all its actually a fairly interesting to have done if I'm honest.
Old 31-03-18, 02:23   #12
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Mikky,

Read my post. Itís about her body language and facial expression.
Also, this closeup helps you see her determned look on Shadowks cover

Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 02:26   #13
jhons0529
Historian

^
Thank you for posting the close up, I'm actually relieved to see the face is based of ROTTR and not the original 2013. I got worried that would be a thing.
Old 31-03-18, 02:31   #14
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhons0529 View Post
^
Thank you for posting the close up, I'm actually relieved to see the face is based of ROTTR and not the original 2013. I got worried that would be a thing.
Theyíve copy/pasted riseís ingame model to make this render, so Iím pretty happy with the consistency for once
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 02:35   #15
Mikky
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Mikky,

Read my post. Itís about her body language and facial expression.
Also, this closeup helps you see her determned look on Shadowks cover

https://i.imgur.com/6PErjgn.jpg
Yes, this is how far I zoomed in on my computer... and even more. Again, apart from her eyes looking up, I see nothing to suggest that her face is expressing anything - I mean, if she was looking straight forward, she'd look dead! Let's just agree to disagree.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 03:30   #16
CrowdedToaster
Explorer

She reminds me of a jaguar in the new Shadow render. A predator, stalking its prey. Ready to pounce. Stealthy, in control, and prepared
CrowdedToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 03:48   #17
scremanie
Tomb Raider

@Mikky - The difference is she’s adapted to her environment now. In TReboot, she’s clearly scared and insecure, hurt, and taking shelter in the cave.
In Rise, she’s geared up and cautious, and instead of using the cave as a shelter, she’s entering it with a mean to explore it, which shows us she’s not afraid and startled like the first game, and actually going headfirst into danger.
In Shadow, she’s dominated the environment and is using the trees to navigate the jungle. She’s fully prepared, and she’s clearly beat up, but she’s not insecure and seeking shelter; she’s determined and powerful. She’s trained, adapted, and become one with her surroundings.

Her expressions are also key to this. Her face is very insecure in the first one. The second one she’s cautious, but also looks determined. In the third, she’s got a determined look, but she doesn’t look cautious at all. She looks almost unphased, like she is aware of the danger, and accepts it, and has mastered it.
Old 31-03-18, 03:54   #18
NickieLeeCroft
Hobbyist

Location: Slovakia, Zlate Moravce, soon finally in my own flat

I think that we can already see her change. In the first TR, she was full of fears, emotionally destroyed because she saw so many people she loves died.
And she saw something she barely understand that make her things like there has to be something more in the end.
Then, in rottr she thought that she's prepared, she thought that she know what she must done but somehow she realised that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are, so she found herself in battle between good and evil and between saving her dads reputation and saving a hundred of lives. I mean, we all know since the beginning that she will destroy the divine source, but the way she did it was that point in her life, when she understand that perhaps she was wrong all the time. I mean that she wanted to show the world that something like magic, real magic is real but then she found that it would destroyed more lives than saves so she did what's right and that changed her. She wasn't that scaried girl who survived Yamatai no longer. She became who she was meant to be and in Sottr, we can already see how much she changed.
She is ready to face whatever is against her, even her biggest fears and I think that that's the beauty of this trilogy. How much she changed since first game where she was emotionally down when she killed her first enemy and now when she is ready to face the world, no matter what.
Yup, I think Shadow of the Tomb Raider would be amazing.
NickieLeeCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 04:04   #19
NickieLeeCroft
Hobbyist

Location: Slovakia, Zlate Moravce, soon finally in my own flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickieLeeCroft View Post
I think that we can already see her change. In the first TR, she was full of fears, emotionally destroyed because she saw so many people she loves died.
And she saw something she barely understand that make her things like there has to be something more in the end.
Then, in rottr she thought that she's prepared, she thought that she know what she must done but somehow she realised that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are, so she found herself in battle between good and evil and between saving her dads reputation and saving a hundred of lives. I mean, we all know since the beginning that she will destroy the divine source, but the way she did it was that point in her life, when she understand that perhaps she was wrong all the time. I mean that she wanted to show the world that something like magic, real magic is real but then she found that it would destroyed more lives than saves so she did what's right and that changed her. She wasn't that scaried girl who survived Yamatai no longer. She became who she was meant to be and in Sottr, we can already see how much she changed.
She is ready to face whatever is against her, even her biggest fears and I think that that's the beauty of this trilogy. How much she changed since first game where she was emotionally down when she killed her first enemy and now when she is ready to face the world, no matter what.
Yup, I think Shadow of the Tomb Raider would be amazing.
P.S.: and I already forgot one change - do you remember when she talked to Roth that "come and get me" stuff ?
Since that she changed a lot, because in ROTTR she instead of asking Jonah to help her she try to protect him and she told him that she needs to do this alone. I think that's a really great change, don't you think?
NickieLeeCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 04:51   #20
b.gluch
Relic Hunter

I definitely see a natural progression with each render.

Each image gets more saturated, from gray, to light blue, to bright orange.

Then, Lara does a 180 in her position from Reboot to Shadow, 90 degree turn with each render.

Those are the main 2 aspects that stand out to me. I highly doubt these choices are coincidental, most likely to illustrate her growth or whatever it is they wanna convey.