www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-07-19, 18:42   #1
Maverin
Archaeologist

Lightbulb Would you like to receive the duals in DLC8?

Now before everyone jumps to the answer: yes of course what kind of question is that?

Please consider the following: if they were to include the duals somewhere in this final DLC, then it would have a severely underwhelming impact on the player community. Why? Although we fans still play this game and still have fun with it, it's safe to assume that the majority of the gaming community has moved on and isn't waiting for an 8th DLC which wasn't even announced or promoted properly. So even if the storyline through which she acquires them might be badass or iconic, there would still be many players who never got to play and experience that. Suddenly they would have the duals in the next game without understanding where they came from.

I personally would not like to see them return now in Shadow. Instead I'd like it a lot better if they're part of the main storyline of the next major title. Having a grandiose moment like that in a DLC is not the way to go IMO.

What do you think?
Old 17-07-19, 18:45   #2
suli

yeah I would love to.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 18:45   #3
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

I'm so torn on this. I want the dual pistols since we have proof the technology exists. However, I'd honestly prefer if there was a 100% confirmation that Lara will have them in the next game. Kind of like the Tomb Raider Movie ending.
Old 17-07-19, 18:46   #4
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

I would like them to be teased, like maybe something about Lara practicing with them or saying how she will need to take them for a spin on the next adventure, but I don’t want to actually be able to use them.

Like you said, it wouldn’t have all that much of an impact outside the hardcore fan base and I don’t want CD/SE taking it as, “oh well, I guess they’re not important or needed then since no one (the GP) pays much attention”. They should be teased at least, but this time they actually deliver and have them as main weapons in the next game.
Old 17-07-19, 18:47   #5
Fantasy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
yeah I would love to.
Same.

Although Iím used to them not being there so I donít mind either way.
Old 17-07-19, 18:48   #6
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Iíve said this before If they do, great. If they donít, still great. I miss the duals but Iíll live if they donít come back in DLC 8.
Old 17-07-19, 18:50   #7
LuckyEdge10
Archaeologist

Honestly? No. I find adding the dual pistols with a DLC utterly ridicolous. From TR1 to Underworld, dual pistols were part of Tomb Raider. So, if CD/EM wants to add dual pistols, just add them in the next game. Don't add them in a DLC you have to pay to get.
Old 17-07-19, 18:52   #8
TrustyBow
Professor

I understand those that want it to come back in a major way in the next entry, but I personally don't care. Give it to us in DLC8 and let us use it in the main game after completing whatever challenge there is to offer.
Old 17-07-19, 18:59   #9
Legends
Tomb Raider

No. Not that I give a **** about this dlc anyway, but if they can't do it for the main game, I don't want it to appear in a last ditch dlc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Honestly? No. I find adding the dual pistols with a DLC utterly ridicolous. From TR1 to Underworld, dual pistols were part of Tomb Raider. So, if CD/EM wants to add dual pistols, just add them in the next game. Don't add them in a DLC you have to pay to get.
I agree.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 19:05   #10
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Yes, of course - what kind of question is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Please consider the following: if they were to include the duals somewhere in this final DLC, then it would have a severely underwhelming impact on the player community. Why? Although we fans still play this game and still have fun with it, it's safe to assume that the majority of the gaming community has moved on and isn't waiting for an 8th DLC which wasn't even announced or promoted properly. So even if the storyline through which she acquires them might be badass or iconic, there would still be many players who never got to play and experience that. Suddenly they would have the duals in the next game without understanding where they came from.
If the majority of the gaming community has moved on and will not be playing DLC8, then surely this will be taken into account for the next game - and the duals will have their #moment in TR12, whether or not they're introduced in DLC8 first.

That's, if we get duals for the next game, or even DLC8 at all. It's common sense though, really, that if they're in TR12 - it'll be made a big deal, no matter if they're put into DLC8 as a "teaser" first. I can't believe you guys haven't thought about this for longer than five seconds.

I don't think Lara acquiring the duals in DLC8, if she does, has to necessarily feature in the story it's telling either. If anything, I reckon they'll just "throw them in", like the upcoming outfit (whatever that is) and so on. Congrats, you finished DLC8, here are the duals for your trouble, along with all the other fanservice.

Of course, certain people here are deliberately going to take offense at whatever they end up doing for this DLC, so IMO they should just do it, anyway. Everyone else can eat a Cheez-It and shut the **** up.

EDIT: Realistically, what we'll get is probably something like Lara finding the flashlight in Blood Ties and remarking that she'd bring it for her next adventure - only, she'll find the duals, and it'll be made a bigger deal, contextually, vs. finding them in a random hallway.

Last edited by tomblover; 17-07-19 at 19:20.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote