www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 01-08-19, 01:21   #61
Orimus
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
So let's hear your take on why the rebels and their queen were allowed to roam freely, then. Anything past surface level provide evidence for.
Why would someone so proud of how he unified Paititi want to divide it unless he had no other choice? His goal is to protect Paititi. Why would he kill his sister-in-law, his only family and more specifically a link to the late brother he loved so much, when she is still trying to reason with him? (Perhaps Amaru can be brought to see love and reason) She is of the royal blood not him so another reason why executing her would not be a good move - she's the linchpin and his leverage to, as the guard says to Unuratu, keep the peace.
Same reason it seems to me that he doesn't want to kill Lara until the very end - he killed his friend because he believed he had no choice yet still calls him his friend. Why would he be so quick to want the death of his late friend's daughter?

Last edited by Orimus; 01-08-19 at 02:16.
Orimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 00:14   #62
Robwood
Archaeologist

Interesting, but one question: why, then, would the rebels remain near the temple? We've seen over and over again in history that when two parties don't like each other, they distance themselves the best they can. Having daily interactions with each other is insulting and abrasive for everyone involved, even if they begrudgingly admit that they need each other in order to survive for some unknown reason. It's been a while since I've read any of the documents and murals, but I'm fairly certain that no reason is stated or implied as to why they continue to coexist. Not to mention the fact that the rebels have the low ground, which gives them a tactical disadvantage.
Old 04-08-19, 01:28   #63
Orimus
Historian

Though reasons are given as to why they don't leave Paititi. Given that there is limited space within Paititi they can only divide so much. I would've liked to have seen more civil unrest and more threat from the Jaguar Warriors while within the city especially considering one of the first people we can talk to beside Unuratu warns us about them. One could come to the conclusion that this was in part due to Unuratu keeping the peace however as she is their queen. It does make me wonder as to civilian life during the U.S. Civil War.

Last edited by Orimus; 04-08-19 at 01:30.
Orimus is offline   Reply With Quote