www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: What is your overall opinion of Shadow?
I like it. 88 48.35%
I mostly like it. 69 37.91%
I mostly dislike it. 19 10.44%
I dislike it. 6 3.30%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-19, 15:23   #121
Gemma Darkmoon
Student

I am in two minds about Shadow so I went for mostly like. It's puzzles and combat are the best since Legend. I think they are really excellent and the game is the first in a long while to get all three pillars right plus in a well balanced way. I enjoyed this game far more than the other reboot TR games.

The game set out to show us Lara becoming the tomb raider, having moral choices and to showcase a grand city. In all of these they failed to deliver. Lara didn't become the tomb raider and doing all those side-quests felt slow compared to the narrative of the game. The attire direction and attitude towards classic signatures were total failures that leave a bitter taste. It's a real shame when so much was great in this game.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 15:58   #122
thomas.smith.503
Historian

I am surprised how much value the DLC added - I have been rediscovering the game since completing it and absolutely loving it The only things I dislike are the social aspects (Paititi), the outfit restrictions and the collection frenzy. Otherwise this is pretty close to perfect. A bit more combat would also be welcome.
thomas.smith.503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 21:18   #123
krycekuva
Relic Hunter

brought me the closest to how i remember feeling while playing the original games. might not be perfect, but i've grown difficult to please.

i rather have less humans in the future. more exploration and more variety regarding level design... i would also prefer to have the combat to be alternative gameplay. shoot if you please, but killing is avoidable if one rather so.

i pretty much loved the game. all the voice acting was pretty pretty good, (even though lara for me is still keeley), and the sound design and MUSIC was spot on. a massive improvement over rise and TR13. not to mention over TRLAU.
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote