www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 15-08-19, 01:26   #1
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Default The Times Exclusive on newer systems

Theres always one dead fish in the barrel.

All of my classic TRs run pretty flawlessly at 30fps. Except the times.

By all classic TRs I do mean all extra levels and gold editions too.

The Times tomb4.exe was released in 1999 before XP, so also a victim of slow loading. Googled to near death and found there doesnt seem to have been a specific XP patch made for it. Suikaze Raider released a Times patch in 2016 however it seems to make no difference.

As easy as it would be to just use the TLR tomb4 (cutscenes etc), the font page is completely screwed, and neither level will load. So back to square one. I'd say it has to be the original tomb4 base anyway, which contains hardcoded cutscene effects they used just for the Times

Has anyone played it recently on Win10 and managed to make it run smoothly? Honestly at 5fps no matter how much draw distance is on screen
Old 15-08-19, 01:29   #2
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

Forgot to add - I have tried GOG release, tombraiderchronicles.com and tombraiders.net versions
Old 15-08-19, 07:16   #3
UroshUchiha
Student

I did play it earlier this year when I did my classics marathon. I went through TRIV first and used a patch that I believe you were one of the authors that created it. Straight after that I went into The Times and I remember initially having an issue even installing the thing on the latest build of Win 10 at the time.

Apparently, the reason for that was some other app having an issue with the .exe
I never found out which one was it, but after I closed my browsers, Skype, Steam, Viber for PC and everything else the installer went through and the game worked fine.

I remember I included a fix for The Times that fixed the crossbow wad files (initially the crossbow was shooting Lara's arse) and some audio file that fixes the sound from cutting off at the end of the first cutscene.

I'll try later tonight to reinstall it and see if I can find any more info.

EDIT: I just tried a fresh install from an installer I have in my TR archive (no idea where I got it) and the game runs fine without even setting anything in compatibility mode. If you want, send me in a private message the installer you are using so I can test with that one as well.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 15-08-19 at 07:27.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 08:51   #4
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

To save any time - is there any chance you could upload your Times package for me and send in a msg? It is free, so there no issue there. I'm not on my PC at present to tell you which it is.

That is preferably POST install if you can. I too had trouble using the actual installers themselves. Theres a Times package from raidingtheglobe.com that is already extracted but no patches

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 15-08-19 at 08:53.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 09:53   #5
UroshUchiha
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
To save any time - is there any chance you could upload your Times package for me and send in a msg? It is free, so there no issue there. I'm not on my PC at present to tell you which it is.

That is preferably POST install if you can. I too had trouble using the actual installers themselves. Theres a Times package from raidingtheglobe.com that is already extracted but no patches
Sent to private message
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote