Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 01-09-19, 02:52   #531
xspacedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paititi View Post
For those of you who have finished DO, or at least through the Cenote, can you confirm something for me? I know the only campfire is at the start and that the one in the room with the puzzle is not there. However, does it appear after you complete the Cenote mission? I'm thinking about how I handle the mission before doing it. I want to do my run and skip collectibles and challenges and the tomb and then go back and get them all but if the other Cenote campfires don't spawn even after completing the mission it's gonna be a bitch to complete. Like if the one in the water wheel puzzle room doesn't spawn after completing the mission, if I backtrack there, there will be no way to get out of the Cenote?
The camp will be there after finishing it.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 04:03   #532
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
God, I'm still salty about what they did to Cenote. There's supposed to be a campfire in the room with the water wheels, but it only appears when revisiting the area, not on your first visit. A checkpoint similar to the ones in Cozumel or at the end of San Juan would've been fair. I remember having to do the combat section and the puzzle in Cenote at least like 10 times, because I would miss a jump in the scripted chase afterwards or one of the overhang jumps. I think there's also a piranha pool just before arriving back to Paititi and they all throw you ALL THE WAY BACK to where Lara acquires the shotgun. Madness.
I played on deadly obsession in my first ever playthrough of Shadow, and Cenote made me want to die irl because of this. The first time, I died at the piranhas, and when I saw how far back I went..
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 04:12   #533
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
I played on deadly obsession in my first ever playthrough of Shadow, and Cenote made me want to die irl because of this. The first time, I died at the piranhas, and when I saw how far back I went..
I died to those things too. Worst for me is the DLC, specifically the Grand Caiman. That ****ing glitchy ass jump after you beat the tomb and have to throw the axes at cross the gap, the most buggy **** ever. Restarted that damn Tomb a billion times.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 09:31   #534
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
That's horrible. I remember I was pissed after being forced to redo the water wheel puzzle and watching that long ass unskippable cutscene. When I reached that pool I wasn't sure if there were piranhas in it or not. I remember as I kept swimming the sound of them swarming on you started and I was sure I'd die, but I managed to swim to the exit just in the nick of time. Needless to say my heart skipped a beat. I ran QUICK to the first basecamp after what felt like forever.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 14:01   #535
NickieLeeCroft

Smile

I just finished it on deadly obssesion. My story is that when I first time played sottr, it was basically straight after the release. And now second time but on deadly obsession that was more like deadly frustration. Ive never played dlc's before so basically I also played them first time ever on deadly obsession and it was a nightmare but I was successful and I completed the game for 100% so...
And if I can give y'all some tips:

Use those damn camps! Some of the tombs for example like path of war I think it was... Well, literally after finishing one step, I went straight to the camp to save, then another step, go back to the camp and etc.. Cuz it was the easiest way how to finish it.
I can recommend also using stealth as much as possible. Just like all those cans and flasks.

I've found out that after escaping with Unuratu, there's no save until the beach in oil fields but! Game will save you just as soon as you will finish that temple part where Unuratu will be shot to death so, don't have any worries about playing whole escape with her, climb onto that temple and revenge her death again.

Another thing I can strongly recommend is to use that poison arrows that are gonna let enemies shot at themselves. It saved me a lot of times. Especially in the forest near oil fields where Lara turns into Rambo. And in San Juan they are useful too. They just don't work on enemies with arrows. But trinity soldiers only.

Another good thing is using all those plants - focus one is good cuz you don't have survival instincts. The one with time icon is pretty useful during fights and just like that one with shield icon.

Another useful tip is for final battle -, don't hang out near cliffs. Always somewhere where is no chance of you falling down.

That's all I can give you for now so far 😁
NickieLeeCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 19:32   #536
Robwood

With Amaru, fear arrows and flare rounds are your friends. It only takes 2 - 3 hits to instigate each stabbing.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote