Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-12-18, 22:32   #6751
Dingaling
Golden

It's mentioned here from Sony developers when PSVR was revealed: https://www.techradar.com/news/gamin...-start-1247513

As the article mentions the light bar is necessary for tracking purposes. The player may not see it when they put the VR headset on but the PS4 Camera does. Having it built into every existing controller means the cost of entry into VR was lowered as a separate controller isn't needed as everyone already has a controller.
Dingaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 01:07   #6752
jackali
Golden

Should have been able to turn it off when not using VR though!
Just drains the battery faster.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 09:07   #6753
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
Should have been able to turn it off when not using VR though!
Just drains the battery faster.
I did read while googling that you can get something that can significantly increase the battery life but it would require disassembly which is something that I don't want to do as it's currently the only controller that I have and I can't afford another controller right now.

I had to charge it again yesterday and I used it for as long as I did when the battery level dropped really fast the other day and this time the battery level didn't drop, it stayed at 3 bars.

The same thing happened yesterday with my tablet, I didn't use it much and by 5pm the battery level had dropped to 20% it's just one of those strange things that happens without explanation.

@dingaling thanks for sharing.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 22:30   #6754
fondantcookie

Battery life on my ps4 controllers are great. Don't see what the fuss is about. And a dim light bar is hardly going to be draininf your controller to the extent you are implying...

I play my ps4 most evenings and weekends and charge the controller about once a week
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 11:19   #6755
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post
Battery life on my ps4 controllers are great. Don't see what the fuss is about. And a dim light bar is hardly going to be draininf your controller to the extent you are implying...

I play my ps4 most evenings and weekends and charge the controller about once a week
This. I’ve never had a problem with my controller, I forget to plug it in for days on end and it still will hold a charge. lol
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 23:24   #6756
Quebsenuef

My battery life for my main controller is pretty awful. Loses charge in only a few hours of gameplay. That being said I’m 100% certain it’s my fault bc I usually just leave it plugged in all the time and it’s probably hurt the battery. Oh well!
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 10:54   #6757
DragonSlayer

I was checking the pstrophies website for games news the other day when I saw that a game called The Last Remnant Remastered is coming to PS4, I was confused at first because I thought it said The Last Of Us Remastered was coming to PS4, I was like but it's already out on PS4, I went past it too quickly while scrolling down the page.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 17:43   #6758
Zsott

Hey guys!

Does anyone know how to improve the connection of PS4?
When I play RoTR or Hitman 2 , they always nagging me about poor connection. The gameplay was not affected at all, but I had a few session disconnected before even starting a game/match.
However, sometimes I play GTA V online too, and then, there's no problem at all. (other players confirmed, I'm not lagging at all, there's no strange behaviour of my character or my vehicles)

On the other hand, when I'm on PC, there's no problem at all. The box of the wifi is in the same room as the console, hovewer on the other side of the room. (4 meters away)
I have my phone, my laptop connected to it (besides the PS4 ofc) and I'm sure nobody else using it, since its privet.

any ideas? should I use ethernet cable?

Last edited by Zsott; 09-01-19 at 17:44.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 20:07   #6759
TR1249

Using an ethernet cable is always the best solution.
TR1249 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-19, 01:09   #6760
Ian666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
My battery life for my main controller is pretty awful. Loses charge in only a few hours of gameplay. That being said I’m 100% certain it’s my fault bc I usually just leave it plugged in all the time and it’s probably hurt the battery. Oh well!
My controller is plugged in I'd say all day, every day, unless I'm playing a game, doesn't seem to ruin the battery.
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote