Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 04-01-18, 17:36   #101
annl

Default My tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Wow. It really seems to be that way. There are a few key combinations that never work together. I wasn't aware that some keyboards can have a rollover limit of 2 keys - and mine apparently is
Thanks for pointing that out - seems I need to buy a new keyboard or change my preferred control scheme.

Sorry for just hijacking your thread for this discourse.
For me, I always change the jump, action or inventory key. If you press jump (ALT) and action (CTRL) at the same time as opening the inventory (ESC) it minimizes the game.

So, I change the inventory key to I instead of ESC and also, (as I use a controller mapped to keyboard keys) change the jump key to J
Since then, I've never have had trouble.

Arsunt, can you enable a feature to remove draw distance fog? And do you plan to add level select like the PS1 version?

Last edited by annl; 04-01-18 at 17:51.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 18:13   #102
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post

Arsunt, can you enable a feature to remove draw distance fog?
OMG, if that can be done i would have my Floating level with the horizon intact...
Quote:
And do you plan to add level select like the PS1 version?
The selectable level list can be easily done modifying the game script, i have done that and i could share the modified script.
Danath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 18:15   #103
annl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
The selectable level list can be easily done modifying the game script, i have done that and i could share the modified script.
The PC version does have the level select, but it only lets you start the level with just the pistols. The PS1 version lets you start any level with all weapons and infinite ammo. I did that myself too.
Old 04-01-18, 18:17   #104
Danath

Quote:
The PC version does have the level select, but it only lets you start the level with just the pistols. The PS1 version lets you start any level with all weapons and infinite ammo. I did that myself too.
Ah, ok i didn't know that. Nevermind then.
Danath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 18:17   #105
annl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Ah, ok i didn't know that. Nevermind then.
That's ok.
Old 04-01-18, 18:21   #106
JOHN30011887

@Arsunt, ah great, sorry i overlooked you answering that to someone else

Also amazing work

Last edited by JOHN30011887; 04-01-18 at 18:23.
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 18:23   #107
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
Does this work for The Golden Mask as well, by the way?
You can just copy the patch to Golden Mask directory and launch. This will work the same way as original game, except few things:
  • There are bear and wolf in the GM instead of spider and giant spider. So for now these animals will be bugged.
  • Slightly different final secrets calculation formula. The game will show that you have maximum 9/12 secrets, even if found all 12 main level secrets.
  • Bonus level unlock algorithm is absent in original TR2. So you cannot unlock GM bonus level as it intended.
  • There is one more credit screen for GM.
Golden Mask features will be added later. Also there will be convinient way to select the game and change settings.
Quote:
Arsunt, can you enable a feature to remove draw distance fog?
I hope the feature will be complete tomorrow. Keep patience.
Quote:
And do you plan to add level select like the PS1 version?
For the Golden Mask this will be unlocked after collecting 12/12 secrets. For main game you can enable this by modding tombpc.dat. Right now I don't see any reason for this feature by default. But it is not difficult, and I will add the option if necessary.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 18:26   #108
annl

I would love a PS1 level select with all weapons and infinite ammo, I'm sure many would agree. It's your work though so I don't mind.

Can't wait to see the draw distance patch! Oh and great work so far! Everything working for me with the latest version!

Last edited by annl; 04-01-18 at 18:27.
Old 04-01-18, 18:27   #109
Daft Raider
Inactive

Thank you for all your work Arsunt! Seriously, it's really nice to have this game in proper widescreen with a fixed FOV and all the other features you've implemented. it's so great to see the wavy inventory screen again. I can't wait for more patches!

I think a level select would be really nice to have too! If it's not too much trouble. Hopefully we're not too pestering with all our ideas on what could be added.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 04-01-18 at 18:28.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 21:16   #110
Sardoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
[*] Bonus level unlock algorithm is absent in original TR2. So you cannot unlock GM bonus level as it intended.
To add to this a little. I played one of these "two-in-one" versions of TR2 + GM (the one where you press G on the title screen for Gold, any other key for TR2), Ultimate Edition. It's uh, not exactly brilliant, namely for its rubbish music quality, but I digress.

While the bonus level did unlock correctly, Lara started it with all weapons and unlimited ammo, just like it usually happens when you finish the game and start a new one straight away.

In ordinary GM, she starts it with pistols only.

I wonder what your solution will do?

Also. Kind of a random question, but guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Once the project is out of beta, were you planning to backport some stuff from later games to earlier ones? Like for example double sided textures and semi-transparent textures support (introduced in TR3), footprints, TR4/5 block pushing responsiveness, I dunno, PS1 reflections, yadda yadda?
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote