Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 28-10-18, 14:42   #1
DragonSlayer

Default What scary game will you play this Halloween

With Halloween coming up what scary game will you be playing?

I'm going to play Alien Isolation, half the time I'm too afraid to crawl out from under the desk I'm hiding under or leave the locker I'm hiding in, the rest of the time is spent carefully creeping past vents or ducking behind boxes hoping I won't be seen.

Playing Alien Isolation brings back memories of RE1.

IMO Alien Isolation didn't need the working Joe androids and human enemies, I would have been fine with it being just me versus the Alien.

I might play Until Dawn and Silent Hill 3, those wendigos are really scary and the noise the Pendulums make in SH3 is fear inducing, then there is the hallway in the Borley haunted house with the red light that chases you, both the Wendigos and the Pendulums make the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

A few years back I would have said Resident Evil but zombies aren't scary anymore especially as they've been done to death, the only game these days that reminds me of when zombies were scary is Alien Isolation, not knowing what's around the next corner or where and when the Alien will appear next.

If I get time I'll try and squeeze in Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil Remake, I've been meaning to get back to playing RE7 for months.

I wish RE2 remake could have been released in time for Halloween, I would get so wrapped up in the game not knowing what would be lurking around the next corner that if a firework went off outside it would probably scare me.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 15:08   #2
CroftManiac05

I'd love to play Forbidden Siren.
Such an underrated gem...
The shibitos are the most terrifying thing ever.

CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 15:16   #3
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post

https://i.postimg.cc/X7C6kC2x/siren-ps21.jpg
Forbidden Siren and its sequel are two of my favourite games of all time. Highly recommended.

I don’t know if I’ll get around to playing anything this year, but I’ve been meaning to return to Kuon for awhile now. Such an atmospheric game.

Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 17:36   #4
DragonSlayer

I wish PT was still around I didn't have a PS4 at the time as there wasn't anything of interest to me that would justify me getting a PS4, it was my intention to get PT when I got a PS4.

When did PT get taken off PSN, I got my PS4 on September 1st 2015 when Metal Gear Solid the Phantom Pain was released, I can't remember if PT had been removed by then.

Konami for removing PT.

I might also play Dead Space 1 and 2 and Resident Evil Revelations 2 which I've been meaning to play for quite a while now.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 18:01   #5
jarekhanzelka

I wasn't planning on anything, but upon my friend's girlfriend I guess I'll be streaming a bit of Alan Wake on Wednesday night.

But really I just wish the full version of Visage was already out. :c
jarekhanzelka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 19:17   #6
Samz

Quote:

Love the siren series.

BTW, look at the Shibitio in Siren 1 in First Person sometime. its "intresting".

I'd play the Second one again (The only horror game to give you and the enemy assault rifles and still actually keep the horror aspect.) but it's a double layered PS2 disc so I had to borrow a friend's ps2 due to my PS2 having a slightly messed up Sensor for the discs, might emulate it sometime, I need to do a full play through with the Japanese voice acting sometime.

I wish they'd bring the series back.

Currently playing SH Origins a bit so I guess that counts, Haven't played Downpour yet but so far its my favourite of the non-Team Silent games.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 19:38   #7
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
BTW, look at the Shibitio in Siren 1 in First Person sometime. its "intresting".
Don’t do this with the dragonfly shibito if you want to sleep at night. *shudder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I'd play the Second one again (The only horror game to give you and the enemy assault rifles and still actually keep the horror aspect.) but it's a double layered PS2 disc so I had to borrow a friend's ps2 due to my PS2 having a slightly messed up Sensor for the discs, might emulate it sometime, I need to do a full play through with the Japanese voice acting sometime.
I had the exact same problem. I ended up buying a new PS2 for my birthday a couple of years ago and spent the day playing Siren 2. It was oddly magical.

Selecting the original cast does wonders for the facial capture. It’s loads creepier too. Nagaaai-kuuuun...
Old 28-10-18, 21:06   #8
CroftManiac05

I wish they could bring Siren : Blood Curse to PS4.
It seemes like a decent remake

Last edited by CroftManiac05; 28-10-18 at 21:10.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 21:17   #9
Grimaldi

Quote:
I wish they could bring Siren : Blood Curse to PS4.
It seemes like a decent remake
I wouldn’t say so, but it definitely has its fan and the series in general should get an update. I played the PS4 release of the original and it was awesome. I’d love the same for Siren 2.
Old 28-10-18, 21:30   #10
Athukraz

Until Dawn <333
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote