Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 17-06-19, 20:47   #71
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid21 View Post
My gosh, this thread has gotten a little out of control. But I noticed someone mentioning that TR, from my short reading, isn't owned by CD anymore? Or did I miss something? And honestly, I just want them to build off Shadow, make the movies separate, actually, I REALLY loved the new movie and so did my parents, and have CD just continue from Shadow forward. Could someone explain what they meant by "TR rights bought by someone else"? And then after that, I feel like this thread should wind down. I just wanted to know why it was on Hiatus.

Square Enix as publishers own TR. Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal are the developers that make the game. SE is the parent company that CD and EM work for (afaik). This has not changed. Eidos Montreal were the main developers for Shadow, with CD supporting.

As for this:
Quote:
I just wanted to know why it was on Hiatus.
No one has said the next game is on a hiatus. There is only speculation that the next game may take a while to be announced and released. There is no official news yet, basically because it is too soon, with Shadow not even a full year old yet.

Last edited by Rai; 17-06-19 at 20:48.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 21:27   #72
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Square Enix as publishers own TR. Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal are the developers that make the game. SE is the parent company that CD and EM work for (afaik). This has not changed. Eidos Montreal were the main developers for Shadow, with CD supporting.

As for this: No one has said the next game is on a hiatus. There is only speculation that the next game may take a while to be announced and released. There is no official news yet, basically because it is too soon, with Shadow not even a full year old yet.
The fact I must say is that usually the Tomb Raider franchise is literally NEVER in speculation like that as it ever was like this before just as much as I'm always expecting for every next Tomb Raider game to be on spotlight. And Eidos Montreal have certainly started to develop multiplayer for Tomb Raider 9 to begin with.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 17-06-19 at 21:52.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 21:29   #73
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
The fact I must say is that usually the Tomb Raider franchise it literally NEVER in speculation like that as it ever was like this before just as much as I'm always expecting for every next Tomb Raider game to be on spotlight. And Eidos Montreal have certainly started to develop multiplayer for Tomb Raider 9 to begin with.
I'd go to extreme lengths and be willing to study math than try to understand your posts
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 21:38   #74
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I'd go to extreme lengths and be willing to study math than try to understand your posts
Are you saying that you can't understand about what I'm trying to explain?
Old 17-06-19, 21:41   #75
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Are you saying that you can't understand about what I'm trying to explain?
Yes. It feels like you're messing with the predictive text on your phone
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 21:46   #76
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Yes. It feels like you're messing with the predictive text on your phone
My phone is working fine btw. And it certainly doesn't even matter on which platform I'm using to type down on the forums. Anyway so I think they'll finally get the chance to do an HD remaster of Tomb Raider 1-5 in the future right after Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 17-06-19 at 21:47.
Old 17-06-19, 21:47   #77
Rai

TRExpertgamer, I take it English is not your first language? Are you perhaps relying on Goggle translate to post? Because in all honesty, that's how your posts come off like. I mean this in the nicest way, most of your posts are difficult to understand. ^ That post was much better.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 21:51   #78
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
TRExpertgamer, I take it English is not your first language? Are you perhaps relying on Goggle translate to post? Because in all honesty, that's how your posts come off like. I mean this in the nicest way, most of your posts are difficult to understand.
You're absolutely 100% wrong because English is obviously my first language as I'm from USA. I've just misspelled one word into that post and that's it. Take a look of this link what I've typed in btw. How does that sound to you?

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...11216&page=140

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 17-06-19 at 21:53.
Old 17-06-19, 21:53   #79
SoraSakai
Inactive

Do you just snort a LOT of coccaine?
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 21:55   #80
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Do you just snort a LOT of coccaine?