Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 16-06-19, 15:35   #131
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandylane View Post
how do you imagine dual rifles? or dual shotfuns or dual bows?

eh? sounds weird doesnt it
Actually yes?

Not full size ones unless we're going completely silly like True Crime Streets of LA or Maximum Action.

Also dual SMGs/small double barreled shotguns doesn't sound weird, the SMGs have already been done.

Though we all know the REAL future of TR weapons is 3 shotguns stuck together, for the "Realistic" Reboot.

Last edited by Samz; 16-06-19 at 15:49.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-19, 15:48   #132
mandylane

lmao that triple shotgun looks like fun
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-19, 23:26   #133
VictorXD

Hey now that CD has made some dual shooting animations and technology has finally made it, it's guaranteed we'll see those exact same mechanics and animations for over 10 years in the next TR games Thanks CD! At least now we are future proof for a while and the twins are coming back.

And you all thought it was because they didn't want to implement them, tsk tsk tsk.
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 00:38   #134
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I find it quite insulting that Black Widow dual wields pistols and has the acrobats Lara used to have. I feel like reboot Lara should have evolved more into that with each game but instead we still have her scrambling, falling around everywhere (slightly less in Shadow admittedly)...
I agree with you on the duals thing, but please, stop with the falling excuse as a way to make the character look bad. Classic Lara also fell a lot in most of the classic games. Honestly, it should be a trademark by now. The only one who didn't fall (that I remember) was LAU Lara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I think in some respects the sentiment is right. There may be some fans who have casually bought one game. Others have bought TR products and put money into TR over many years growing the brand and sustaining it over difficult patches. Whilst I am not saying it should be the determining factor there, the loyalty the long-term fans have shown should assign a value beyond mere that counts as 1 TR player. It's about showing that loyalty back not assuming devotion. This is exactly what the bad attitude to duals and outfits has done - taken all the long-term fan loyalty for granted.
Gotta say, even if we usually disagree I enjoy reading your posts a lot lately. Thanks for replying. I agree with what you're saying. Of course long time fans need to be rewarded and I honestly believe they haven't done a very good job with the trilogy in this specific aspect. They should've been incorporating more and more classic traits with each game, and after the duals fiasco, I hope we get to see them in the next game. I mean just removing all the tribal outfits and replacing them with classic-inspired ones would've made the fans incredibly happy. And it's such a simple thing to do. I don't know what they are thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I agree with you on the gameplay and SOTTR's tombs. I think Shadow's gameplay is the best since the original 3 games and for me that is a huge thing to say. On the nods however, they have done the minimum amount - 5 seconds gameplay with the duals, halfway towards classic outfit, barely anywhere towards the humour. At least they did the manor but overall it's not enough now we are 3 games down the line. I feel the gameplay is good but the way the iconography has been dealt with means I could never think of the reboot as being a great TR era. IWANEX I think you are pretty spot on though about what they need to do.
Yes, exactly.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 00:40   #135
larafan25

You know... reboot character fell more... in less time. That's probably what that's about. Seems valid.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 03:36   #136
charmedangelin

Boy oh boy was I fuming when I saw that video. Black widow not only has fully working and beautifully fluid animated duals, she also has the back flips, side flips, and the roll twist that classic core Lara would do. There is no and I mean absolutely zero excuse for this. It raises alot of questions that I won't get into, but it certainly feels like a mega slap in the face to see what me and most fans have been demanding and begging for in the past 6 years present in another franchise.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 04:14   #137
JsotoTRSaga

It is beyond insulting we don't have Dual Pistols and acrobatic moves in TR13, Rise and Shadow. In the Future this MUST be changed.

Bring back the Dual Pistols, enough of the tribeswoman/cavewoman/guerilla bs...

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 18-06-19 at 04:16.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 12:11   #138
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Boy oh boy was I fuming when I saw that video. Black widow not only has fully working and beautifully fluid animated duals, she also has the back flips, side flips, and the roll twist that classic core Lara would do. There is no and I mean absolutely zero excuse for this. It raises alot of questions that I won't get into, but it certainly feels like a mega slap in the face to see what me and most fans have been demanding and begging for in the past 6 years present in another franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
It is beyond insulting we don't have Dual Pistols and acrobatic moves in TR13, Rise and Shadow. In the Future this MUST be changed.

I know: this is becoming seriously ridiculous.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 19:46   #139
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Actually yes?

Not full size ones unless we're going completely silly like True Crime Streets of LA or Maximum Action.

Oh honey...what is THIS?!
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 11:20   #140
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post

They either add those moves and the duals, or I'm not buying their next game. Period.

I mean, lots of other games have good melee + acrobatics + dual wielding while keeping manual aiming (RE6 comes to mind, it might not be a good RE game but it had a good combat system for a high-action game), but now CD showed they can do it too.

So I wont accept another TR game without it.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote