www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 09-08-19, 18:09   #831
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Everyone: Give us Sindel!

NRS: wE hEarD yOu WaNtEd NiGhTwOlF
Old 09-08-19, 18:33   #832
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I noticed something else, I don’t know if anybody else may have known this. In Towers of Time if you fight with a certain character, you get rewards for them. For instance, I just did a Frost tower and defeated it with Noob, it granted be a skin for him and some random augments along with rewards for Frost. I’m thinking that’s where some gear may be also.
yeah, its really nice! ive gotten like 7 kitana skins!
Old 10-08-19, 04:25   #833
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
Everyone: Give us Sindel!

NRS: wE hEarD yOu WaNtEd NiGhTwOlF
Seriously tho
Old 10-08-19, 07:26   #834
Emix
Relic Hunter

@Vinkula 100% tea!

Btw. I find Kitana really, really boring in this game. Idk. what it is but she was so much more fun in MKX. I tried playing her and Cetrion and i just couldn't.

I will just stick to Jade, Skarlet and D'Vorah. They are all fun to me to play, especially Jade and D'Vorah. Skarlet is also good but i feel like she is more about reading mistakes and punishing and i suck with that. Jade literally has answer for any situation. Zone, anti-zone, nice combos...
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 11:43   #835
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Btw. I find Kitana really, really boring in this game. Idk. what it is but she was so much more fun in MKX. I tried playing her and Cetrion and i just couldn't.
Yeah, I want to love her so bad as she was my main in MkX and I do generally love her character.

However her moveset is underwhelming, it's not particularly varied in useful kombos and it has such weak damage output. I've also noticed her gear augments don't seem to give her as big global damage boosts like many other characters get, and she needs that way more than anyone else to make her attacks do more than just tickle.

Again her outfits kinda suck and all look the same. I wish human Kitana had a somewhat more princess-y looking outfit and a more appealing hairstyle. Some of her concept art designs were so much better than what we got, and I've seen fan arts that put even those to shame. Why can't we have this?

I love almost everything about this. I love that it's armor but it's still kinda delicate and dress-y looking, it brings in softer elements with the tights and the qipao fabric. The hair is practical but still looks like an actual style, and I really love the idea of giving her holsters for her fans. I'd perhaps make the bottom of her dress longer and the pieces in the front and back wider/covering more to make it more dress-y and less loincloth, but other than that there's nothing about this design I'd change.

Her new Asian face has really grown on me, as radically different as it is, I think she's so pretty. I do also love her Fatal Blow, it's one of my favourite FB sequences in the game. A lot of her gear also looks really cool. However this doesn't redeem how awful she plays and how bland her character model looks.

It's like they really half-assed her in this game and threw her in at the last minute (funnily enough she was revealed last too, as though she was supposed to be some big impressive reveal, although I'm sure she was in all along).

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 10-08-19 at 13:03.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 13:15   #836
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Kitana and Cetrion are far from boring, but of course if you don’t know how to use them I guess that’s the outcome. Opinions are opinions though, but I do miss some of the moves Kitana had in MKX. I wish they brought some of them back in MK11 like her parry, and etc. I just miss her Assassin variation
Old 10-08-19, 13:23   #837
Emix
Relic Hunter

It's really not "if you don't know how to use them". No need to try to throw shade left and right for no reason.
Kitana was one of my mains in MKX and i played her a lot. In MK11 i don't want to touch her. It just doesn't feel like Kitana to me. And i don't want to play Cetrion online for different reasons, not because i find her boring. When i said i find her boring i only meant Kitana, not Cetrion.

@Yeauxleaux I agree with most of what you said tbh. Her moveset really is underwhelming compared to MK9/MKX Kitana. She really does look rushed and like she lacks... something.

About outfits, it's not just her. Majority of females in the game look boring and uninspiring. It's basically just tons of recolors with few parts added or removed.

I also saw some great concepts for Skarlet that imo. look much better compared to what we got. Her default look is just... no thanks. Thank god she has some variety.

Last edited by Emix; 10-08-19 at 13:31.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 14:22   #838
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
@Yeauxleaux I agree with most of what you said tbh. Her moveset really is underwhelming compared to MK9/MKX Kitana. She really does look rushed and like she lacks... something.

About outfits, it's not just her. Majority of females in the game look boring and uninspiring. It's basically just tons of recolors with few parts added or removed.

I also saw some great concepts for Skarlet that imo. look much better compared to what we got. Her default look is just... no thanks. Thank god she has some variety.
It's hit and miss I think. Sonya has some cool outfits, as a military female I don't expect her to be all glammed up and feminine but she still serves some looks for the type of character she is. I love all of Jacqui's alternates as well.

With Jade there's not much variety, but I do think some of her skins are really cool so I don't care as much, especially the hooded variations. There's no excuse for the kitten heels (if you're gonna wear a heel then wear a heel, yknow?), but other than that I really like what they did with her look. She's very Assassin's Creed-y and it's perfect for her.

I hate Skarlet's default too, but I do appreciate the variety she has to fall back on. I wish we got that with Kitana and Jade as well. Kitana is the worst, all her human skins, it is literally the same outfit, make a couple of cut-outs here, add a cape or an awkward-looking loincloth there. They didn't try at all.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 10-08-19 at 14:26.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 14:30   #839
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Now I do agree about Jade’s kitten heel lol. I also agree about Kitana’s lack variety with outfits. I’m sure we will get more with her, I wish they would give us a updated version of her MKX outfit or even the Jingu outfit.

Sidenote: I like how they updated the locations on certain gear in the customization menu. It tells you where you can obtain the gear. Now the regal assault fans are found in the towers of time not the krypt.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 10-08-19 at 14:39.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 14:57   #840
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Now I do agree about Jade’s kitten heel lol. I also agree about Kitana’s lack variety with outfits. I’m sure we will get more with her, I wish they would give us a updated version of her MKX outfit or even the Jingu outfit.
A DLC MKX outfit pack would be cool! Even if it's just the defaults, I'd love Kitana's.

It will never happen but I'd love her Tournament alternative and Dark Empress as well.

Quote:
Sidenote: I like how they updated the locations on certain gear in the customization menu. It tells you where you can obtain the gear. Now the regal assault fans are found in the towers of time not the krypt.
Yes this was a much needed change. I hated the vagueness before.