www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 15-12-19, 23:03   #29041
Kidd Bowyer
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Is that the one with the blind man in San Juan? Yeah that is a very nice exchange Lara has.
Yeah, it's just kind of refreshing to see her talking to someone about all of the cool stuff she's seen, and because it's something that wasn't tied to The Box, there isn't as much doom and gloom as some of the plot-relevant scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear
I mean, seriously? Was it that difficult? Thank goodness I had survival instinct turned off because I didn't want to become like this person using it a million times and refusing to use his brain to solve that riddle...
Survival Instinct is one thing about the newer games that I'm not sure how I really feel about. On one hand, without it, I'm sure I'd miss a fair few of the artifacts/documents that can sometimes look like non-interactive set dressing, but on the other hand...How can I put this?

SOTTR has some really effing gorgeous scenery, and some dungeons/locales that could rival Core's in terms of sheer imagination and awe. That said, it sometimes feels like the game is discouraging you from actually drinking it all in, because if you want to 100% it and check for all those little pickups, you'll be constantly painting over that beauty with a muddy monochrome filter.

As for that particular puzzle, it took me maybe a couple of minutes?

"Hmmm, sounds like they're talking about the ground, or some kind of farmland...but I don't think I'm supposed to leave the graveya-oh hey a well!"
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 23:47   #29042
LateRaider
Archaeologist

i enjoy shadow of the tomb raider
Old 16-12-19, 00:07   #29043
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
You should put that in the unpopular TR opinion thread . I do too. I also like Etzli.
Old 16-12-19, 00:14   #29044
SoraSakai

Quote:
I enjoy it also.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 01:16   #29045
xspacedude
Archaeologist

Quote:
Me too
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 01:51   #29046
laracroftswest
Professor

I too enjoy Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Old 16-12-19, 02:03   #29047
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Me too. It's an amazing game and it's a shame it gets so much hate. Sometimes I wonder if people really think it did something good.

But don't worry. Be prepared for the "OMG, at least Shadow was a proper TR" when the next game gets released.
iWANEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 02:07   #29048
Kidd Bowyer
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
But don't worry. Be prepared for the "OMG, at least Shadow was a proper TR" when the next game gets released.
I take it that the TR fandom's a bit like the Silent Hill and Final Fantasy fandoms in that way?
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 02:09   #29049
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Doubt it, Reboot was far more removed than LAU was. They went so far in one direction that anything they do besides making a Tomb Raider game won't suprise anyone and thus won't change peoples minds about the reboot like the reboot helped people realize that LAU wasn't as bad. LAU at least stuck to some forum of Tomb Raider with Lara Croft being who she is, Reboot on the other hand removed all of that.

It's like we are in a low enough position to where anything they do at this point won't be met with any other reaction since we've already experienced being oceans away from what we started with in 1996 and had in 2006. People would gladly take anything closer to the source material, even if she be LAU because we are that far away from the source material already.

Honestly what is one more ocean away going to matter at this point? We've went well beyond the limit of experimentation and creativity to something else entirley.

Even if TR turned into a boring MMO, it won't make people suddenly crave for reboot because reboot was already oceans away already. LAU was probably a lake or a bay away from what we had in 1996, but reboot is farrrrrr removed even from LAU.

Won't happen.
Old 16-12-19, 02:25   #29050
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
The only one who will say that is probably you, lol. I've seen enough of your "Shadow is a love letter to classic fans" crap. Clearly it isn't.

But they will probably screw up the next game even more. That's very likely to happen.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote